xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XBLM Browser v1.10 now available!  (Read 431 times)

HansiHusten

• Archived User
XBLM Browser v1.10 now available!
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »

1.21 is already released

jm206

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

There are tons of people who have access to XBL and who download and upload games off XBLA anyway, so it would only really have a use for people who are without an online 360 AND who are also so impatient they can't wait a couple hours for someone else to do it on launch day.

Though I guess if it's downloading from MS's servers, the speeds should be blazing fast. Like CLK said though, accessing XBL's servers using third party programs is just going to draw unwanted attention.

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(jm206 @ Aug 23 2012, 01:16 PM) View Post

There are tons of people who have access to XBL and who download and upload games off XBLA anyway, so it would only really have a use for people who are without an online 360 AND who are also so impatient they can't wait a couple hours for someone else to do it on launch day.

Though I guess if it's downloading from MS's servers, the speeds should be blazing fast. Like CLK said though, accessing XBL's servers using third party programs is just going to draw unwanted attention.

you can get the info with out the app, Ive have been doing this a long time ago, also .xcp are still a non-public format to extract still.

This app is still nothing really.

Firetalion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

Eh, Microsoft created this machine.  I'm sure they understand what it's capable of.  And if they see enough of an asset loss, they'll put a block against this server being public.  It's nothing major, just a direct link to some files you need their private key to get running, as far as they're concerned.

Interesting APP.  Thanks for sharing, and good to see the XS homepage reporting good stuff again.

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Firetalion @ Aug 23 2012, 09:27 PM) View Post

Interesting APP.  Thanks for sharing, and good to see the XS homepage reporting good stuff again.

I trying my best, since taking on the job of bringing X-S back from nowhere land.

Sometimes I am still a few days behind, it is not easy, I have over 4 major 'scene' sites to manage and that means over 1million active forum users, not to mention tons of news, as I am also doing mainstream gaming news for all consoles, android, and iphone, etc. so it keeps me busy.

Thanks for support, glad you are enjoying the news!

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(jm206 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:16 PM) View Post

Microsoft doesn't usually get too happy about people leaking games off of PartnerNet in particular.  Think: Sonic 4 (which resulted in dev kits being bricked) and Trials Evolution.  There are people who think they need to be scene heroes (hey Gamecheat!) by leaking unreleased games.

QUOTE(Firetalion @ Aug 23 2012, 06:27 PM) View Post

Eh, Microsoft created this machine.  I'm sure they understand what it's capable of.  And if they see enough of an asset loss, they'll put a block against this server being public.  It's nothing major, just a direct link to some files you need their private key to get running, as far as they're concerned.

The XCPs are still encrypted, so there's no use to it anyway.  Microsoft actually already has taken action.  Try looking at arcade games on PartnerNet.  The servers now return nothing. I'm sorry garyopa, but this is not the type of stuff that should be praised by posting on the XS homepage, and SKFU is dumb for ever releasing this publicly to begin with.