xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: 360 Content Manager For Jtag & Rgh 360s - Version 3.0  (Read 1602 times)

xamphear

• Archived User
360 Content Manager For Jtag & Rgh 360s - Version 3.0
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Apr 22 2012, 06:17 PM) View Post

Every time I close the program, I lose the contents of the Xbox hard drive.  I thought one of the benefits of this app was to save that list so you can browse your library offline without needing the live connection to the Xbox.  Am I doing something wrong?

That feature (which didn't work like you describe) has been removed because no one really understood what it did. Currently if you want to view the contents of your 360, it must be on and the app has to connect to it.

fatvince

• Archived User
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:00 AM »

Tried for 2 hours to use this to transfer DLC over FTP.. always timed out randomly, never got over 100mb transferred. Rebooted everything many times, still no luck.

Just downloaded the previous version (2.1)  and worked perfectly the first time I tried it. 100% success, no errors.

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(fatvince @ May 30 2012, 10:12 AM) View Post

Tried for 2 hours to use this to transfer DLC over FTP.. always timed out randomly, never got over 100mb transferred. Rebooted everything many times, still no luck.
Just downloaded the previous version (2.1)  and worked perfectly the first time I tried it. 100% success, no errors.

What operating system are you running?

bennywmy

• Archived User
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »

Thx your great tools.

I suggest a features for future developments:

1. Access 360 file system directly then we can connect the drive via USB and upload the content to it directly.
2. SQL express integration then we can manage the content on or off line

Many thank for your great work done!! love.gif

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(bennywmy @ Jun 13 2012, 03:29 AM) View Post

Thx your great tools.

1. Access 360 file system directly then we can connect the drive via USB and upload the content to it directly.

Many thank for your great work done!! love.gif

1. There are other tools that are built to access XFAT filesystems, such as Horizon and PartyBuffalo.  If you want to copy content to a USB fat32 drive, you can use the content organizer for that, it has a method specifically for that use.

2. I was working on a feature along those lines but no one used it or even understood how it worked, so I removed it. The odds of it going back in are very, very low.

Hainswof

• Archived User
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Jun 19 2011, 01:15 AM) View Post

A few possible suggestions/ideas......but I don't know how feasable these are....but a couple of them in particular would be ideal.

1)  DLC/XBLA comparison list.  After it scans the 360 hdd for all the drive info on what DLC and XBLA you have for x games.....would it be possible to have it give a report or show what games or dlc you have missing/have/have-but-wrong-named a bit like xm360 used to do (but that was with XBLA only as far as I'm aware).  Been crying out for a content manager that could handle this for ages.

YES YES YES PLEASE!

Any update on this???

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »

Version 3.0 is out and contains a ton of new features. If you find any bugs, please let me know about them.

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Apr 22 2012, 05:17 PM) View Post

Every time I close the program, I lose the contents of the Xbox hard drive.  I thought one of the benefits of this app was to save that list so you can browse your library offline without needing the live connection to the Xbox.  Am I doing something wrong?

QUOTE(xamphear @ May 9 2012, 09:24 AM) View Post

That feature (which didn't work like you describe) has been removed because no one really understood what it did. Currently if you want to view the contents of your 360, it must be on and the app has to connect to it.

QUOTE(bennywmy @ Jun 13 2012, 02:29 AM) View Post

Thx your great tools.

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jun 16 2012, 12:41 PM) View Post

2. I was working on a feature along those lines but no one used it or even understood how it worked, so I removed it. The odds of it going back in are very, very low.

If it worked, why remove it?  I wish you had just explained how it worked instead of removing it.  That was my main interest in this application.

Please, please don't dumb down your product because a feature wasn't easily understood.  Being able to view content without requiring a live connection to the 360 would be incredibly useful.

I've got a 750GB internal HDD full of content, and it takes nine minutes to scan it.  If I click away from viewing the installed content for any reason, I have to run another nine minute scan just to view it again.  Not caching the content data turns using the application into an extremely frustrating experience for me.

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Jul 29 2012, 09:15 PM) View Post

If it worked, why remove it?  I wish you had just explained how it worked instead of removing it.  That was my main interest in this application.

Please, please don't dumb down your product because a feature wasn't easily understood.  Being able to view content without requiring a live connection to the 360 would be incredibly useful.

I've got a 750GB internal HDD full of content, and it takes nine minutes to scan it.  If I click away from viewing the installed content for any reason, I have to run another nine minute scan just to view it again.  Not caching the content data turns using the application into an extremely frustrating experience for me.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but the feature really didn't work exactly like you're explaining. It was similar but not really either of the things you're asking for. I stand behind my decision to remove it. You wouldn't use it even if it was still in the app.

I know that scanning a large amount of data remotely sucks. Partly that's due to network bandwidth limits and partly it's due to a bug or two in the SMB code of FSD. I've made some notes based on what you'd like a caching feature to do and I might implement it in the future. No promises or anything, but I'll add it to the list of feature requests.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]