xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: 360 Content Manager For Jtag & Rgh 360s - Version 3.0  (Read 1604 times)

doveman007

• Archived User
360 Content Manager For Jtag & Rgh 360s - Version 3.0
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »

Could this be used to make a backup from a locally connected HDD (via SATA) into human-readable folders (i.e CODMW3\5445783)?

SilentBob1638

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »

A possibility to mass resign save files would be useful. Currently if i select more than one file (shift-click) the resign button greys out. This is mostly needed to migrate save files from one profile to another (eg. in case of profile corruption).

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(xamphear @ Jul 30 2012, 03:38 AM) View Post

I don't mean to belabor the point, but the feature really didn't work exactly like you're explaining. It was similar but not really either of the things you're asking for. I stand behind my decision to remove it. You wouldn't use it even if it was still in the app.

I know that scanning a large amount of data remotely sucks. Partly that's due to network bandwidth limits and partly it's due to a bug or two in the SMB code of FSD. I've made some notes based on what you'd like a caching feature to do and I might implement it in the future. No promises or anything, but I'll add it to the list of feature requests.

I'd just like to add my support to this feature request. I realise that there's various ways of putting stuff on the Xbox HDD and that any cache might not always be up-to-date but that's down to the user to discipline himself to either stick to one method or update the cache and I'd find it very useful to be able to load up 360 Content Manager to see what I've got on the HDD already, even when it's off.

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Oct 1 2012, 11:03 AM) View Post

Could this be used to make a backup from a locally connected HDD (via SATA) into human-readable folders (i.e CODMW3\5445783)?

A locally connected FATX drive over SATA? No, but if you used another program to extract the files first, my app would then happily read in them all and then reorganize them in whatever fashion you want.

QUOTE(SilentBob1638 @ Oct 3 2012, 07:16 PM) View Post

A possibility to mass resign save files would be useful. Currently if i select more than one file (shift-click) the resign button greys out. This is mostly needed to migrate save files from one profile to another (eg. in case of profile corruption).

It's something I'd consider for the future, but I don't have any plans to implement it immediately.

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Oct 3 2012, 07:55 PM) View Post

I'd just like to add my support to this feature request. I realise that there's various ways of putting stuff on the Xbox HDD and that any cache might not always be up-to-date but that's down to the user to discipline himself to either stick to one method or update the cache and I'd find it very useful to be able to load up 360 Content Manager to see what I've got on the HDD already, even when it's off.

I'm looking into it. The methods I've explored so far are either as slow as rescanning the drive or will require a whole lot of effort on my part. I'm waiting for an easy and fast solution to fall into my lap, so it could be a while before that happens. smile.gif

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(xamphear @ Oct 9 2012, 04:10 AM) View Post

A locally connected FATX drive over SATA? No, but if you used another program to extract the files first, my app would then happily read in them all and then reorganize them in whatever fashion you want.

Yeah, fair enough I can see that this program isn't designed to be able to read a locally connected FATX drive, I just happened to have the drive connected that way whilst I diagnosed the drive when I asked wink.gif

I'd be happy enough if it could do it from the HDD connected to the Xbox over FTP. The reason I want to backup the files into human-readable folders rather than just (e.g.) 545001 is that it's rather hard to know which folder is which game like that. I know that this program can probably be used to tell me which folder is which game but that's a bit inconvenient a lot of the time, when I just want to delete a game I no longer want to keep backed up, copy the folder for a game or two to another drive, put some newly downloaded DLC in the appropriate game folder, etc, if I have to load this program to find out what game 545001 is and then go back to Windows Explorer with that information to do whatever I need to.

So if I copied the folders from the Xbox HDD to my PC HDD via ftp (whether with this program if it facilitates that, or something else) can this program then be used to automatically rename the folders on the PC HDD to include the game names?

QUOTE(xamphear @ Oct 9 2012, 04:10 AM) View Post
I'm looking into it. The methods I've explored so far are either as slow as rescanning the drive or will require a whole lot of effort on my part. I'm waiting for an easy and fast solution to fall into my lap, so it could be a while before that happens. smile.gif

As an interim measure, how about just creating/updating a text file each time it scans the drive, with a list of games found in it? That's obviously not as nice as being able to see the list in 360 Content Manager's GUI but at least it gives the option of having a list of currently installed games for the user to check without having to powerup the Xbox.

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Oct 8 2012, 11:26 PM) View Post

So if I copied the folders from the Xbox HDD to my PC HDD via ftp (whether with this program if it facilitates that, or something else) can this program then be used to automatically rename the folders on the PC HDD to include the game names?

As an interim measure, how about just creating/updating a text file each time it scans the drive, with a list of games found in it? That's obviously not as nice as being able to see the list in 360 Content Manager's GUI but at least it gives the option of having a list of currently installed games for the user to check without having to powerup the Xbox.

1. If you have some local content handy, point my program at it and then go into the content organizer. Play around with the path styles and look at the table view for a preview of what it can do. I'm sure you'll find a style that's to your liking.

2. I'm not a fan of half-measures. I'd rather do a thing right or not at all. If/when caching comes, it will work in a way that's seamless and efficient.

Tonycrew

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »

Cant get it to work with FSD 3....

OzQuant

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »

I'm running 3.0 on Windows 7 64bit and I get a "Don't Freak Out" error every time. It works fine, but I can not save any of my settings. I have installed .Net 4 as well as 4.5. I tried running it in XP compatibility mode too, but no luck. It seems to run fine the very first time I run it - it creates a file "jtagcm.settings". But any subsequent runs, it triggers an error and doesn't save any settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an awesome programme.

kainy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at ?1?.?134?.?470?(Object ?525?, EventArgs ?526?)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18010 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ContentManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/kainy/Desktop/360%20Content%20Manager%203.0/ContentManager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18016 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

sideskroll

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 03:03:00 AM »

Maybe kinda silly question. But I've been  looking for a tool similar to "wiibackupmanager" for XBOX360 (one that can rename isos based on ganenamelookup.csv from abgx360.
I need it to organize my isos for XK3Y.
Any chance this tool does what I'm looking for? I ONLY WANT to change the ISO name. (and maybe the creation of alphabetical folder for the games would be nice too)
Thanks!

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tonycrew @ Oct 20 2012, 07:13 PM) View Post

Cant get it to work with FSD 3....

I'm not sure what the issue could be, I'm using it with FSD3 no problems, and I know other people are as well.

QUOTE(OzQuant @ Oct 22 2012, 12:38 AM) View Post

I'm running 3.0 on Windows 7 64bit and I get a "Don't Freak Out" error every time. It works fine, but I can not save any of my settings. I have installed .Net 4 as well as 4.5. I tried running it in XP compatibility mode too, but no luck. It seems to run fine the very first time I run it - it creates a file "jtagcm.settings". But any subsequent runs, it triggers an error and doesn't save any settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an awesome programme.

Are you running the program as an admin? If not, please try that. Not being able to write to the settings file after it was created could easily cause a "don't freak out error". I wrap all calls to save the settings in a block that will prevent the program from completely crashing in case there's a filesystem error. It's not the only possible cause, but it's certainly the most likely.

QUOTE(kainy @ Oct 27 2012, 08:46 PM) View Post

Just to add some present issue with Windows 8

I'm using both Version 2.2 and 3.0, and on both I get the same error (will only post the 3.0 error log). The strange thing is that it only crashes when selecting content bigger than 1GB (may be less, but some DLC under 1GB didn't crash the app)

Just to mansion that both version worked perfectly on Win 7 64bit and FSD 3.0.

This sounds like a locale problem. Different regions format numbers differently (1,000.34 vs. 1.000,34) so my program has to make a couple assumptions. The primary one is that you're using all the defaults for your region/culture. If you've made any custom changes to how Windows formats numbers, that could be causing the problem.

sandeman22

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »

well i would like to give this a try but i an getting errors.

I am on a W7 machine with framework 4.

when i start the program (as an admin) i get the following error:
IPB Image

if i click continue, its "says" its scanning. I left my Pc for a night but is was in the same stat the next morning:

IPB Image

Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(sandeman22 @ Nov 4 2012, 09:09 AM) View Post

Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!

Try scanning a smaller amount of content and see what happens, like a single folder of DLC.

bladerunner6

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

has the non us english issues been fixed yet

xamphear

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(bladerunner6 @ Nov 14 2012, 11:04 AM) View Post

has the non us english issues been fixed yet

What non-US English issues? I'm not aware of any issues running the program on a non-English version of windows. The program itself will be in English, but it should work fine. Can you provide any details of the problem?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13