xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [beta] Party Buffalo Drive Explorer  (Read 1450 times)

hyperfire21

• Archived User
[beta] Party Buffalo Drive Explorer
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »

I have 6 OCZ 16gb flash drives. Only 1 seems to work with xbox 360 as a memory unit. Rest fail the data loss test. Is there any way i can clone the working drive as a memory unit for the rest of the drives?

EatonZ

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(hyperfire21 @ Nov 16 2010, 11:31 PM) View Post
I have 6 OCZ 16gb flash drives. Only 1 seems to work with xbox 360 as a memory unit. Rest fail the data loss test. Is there any way i can clone the working drive as a memory unit for the rest of the drives?

Well since you have one working one, you should be able to just copy the Xbox360 folder in the root of the working USB onto one that doesn't work.

Let me know if that works.

hyperfire21

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

just tried that but it wont detect on the xbox 360 as a memory unit.

also tried usb image tool and that didnt work also.

is there some security sector or something that didnt copy over?

This post has been edited by hyperfire21: Nov 17 2010, 06:21 AM

NOkk3r1

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »

Could it be possible to modify USB-drive(some info sector?) so that you could use more than 16GB?

hyperfire21

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »

I'm hoping CLK Rebellion and Eatonz can help figure out how to make all flash drive compatible. There has to be a specific thing that 360 format is doing because even the clone apps aren't working to make 2 flash drives identical.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(hyperfire21 @ Nov 17 2010, 02:01 PM) View Post

Sounds like write-leveling, Might not be a good idea if that's the case. OR It could be the controller/FW in which case you may have other probs. Pls post ur results if u decide to try it as I often get asked about adding SSD's to JTAG's.

CLK: Thanx for the quick update etc.. IT WORKS GREAT!! (Using the 'official' USB adapter- I havent had time to try SATA yet but I will shortly w/a slim drive)

I have always wanted two features out of an XDFS manager:
(1) Ecc/DIR Check (ie; Disck-Check feature) AND/OR
(2) Disc defragmenter

The guy who did 360 drive commander was working on the above but I think maybe his interest now lies elsewhere....?...?...?

EDIT: I was also wondering why I can't delete (In right-click context menu) - I wanted to delete from systemupdate dir (a dash update)

Brgds/Dan

hyperfire21

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »

The weird thing is all of my ocz 16gb flash drives appear to have similar speeds in read/write performance but only 1 ocz drive works. My kingston 4gb data traveler is much slower but works with 360 perfectly. Thats why i'm interested in what we can do to fix it through pc route.

EatonZ

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(hyperfire21 @ Nov 17 2010, 12:02 AM) View Post

When you attempt to format the USB, what is the exact message you get on the dash?

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(hyperfire21 @ Nov 16 2010, 09:02 PM) View Post

If you copy the files, you're copying everything.

hyperfire21

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(EatonZ @ Nov 17 2010, 01:17 PM) View Post

When you attempt to format the USB, what is the exact message you get on the dash?

I get something like Failed Data Loss Test.

One more thing I wanted to add is that i've formatted these drives through various software. I tried to set the 16gb drive to 7gb xbox storage through the dash and one time I was able to make it work. Not after that one time though...

gruntlord6

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

Good job clk.

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(gruntlord6 @ Nov 17 2010, 12:03 PM) View Post

Good job clk.

Why thank you sir.

I just coded up a function for getting the STFS name/general info (still have to work on images, as they're not in the same buffer as everything else), but I need to figure out a good way of getting it for folders...  I was thinking I could load up the subfolders/files and grab the game name from one of the files, but that would slow things down a little bit, yet it may be the only solution.  It's already sort of slow getting names for folders with a lot of files (for instance the cache folder), as it checks the header of each file to see if it's a valid STFS package, and if it is it loads all of the info at once and caches it. -- Lied about that.  I just put in a filesize check to make sure it's got the minimum package size before doing anything, and loads the cache folder almost like normal.

IPB Image

Also, I made it so that the app requests to be run as administrator upon startup (would make it so that if people don't run as admin, it doesn't crash on them when going to the drive selector), so expect that in the next update as well.  (This is my little way of procrastinating from doing anything writing-related, although all of it should work already -- just haven't tested any of it except for creating new folders tongue.gif)

LegendDx

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

smells like an xploit it's comming from this XD

Sunblood

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »

When right-click on a folder in either the tree view or file list view and Extracting, I get everything inside the folder but not the folder itself. It would be significantly more convenient to get the topmost (ie right-clicked) folder as well.

What I'm doing right now is copying one of my arcade games. I right-click on 584108C and Extract to the desktop and I'm left with just the folder 000D0000. If it copied the 584108C folder as well I could just drag that into my FTP client and transfer without having to manually create the folder in Content\000...\
This is while browsing a flash drive, in case that makes a difference.

Great program otherwise.

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sunblood @ Nov 18 2010, 10:15 PM) View Post

When right-click on a folder in either the tree view or file list view and Extracting, I get everything inside the folder but not the folder itself. It would be significantly more convenient to get the topmost (ie right-clicked) folder as well.

What I'm doing right now is copying one of my arcade games. I right-click on 584108C and Extract to the desktop and I'm left with just the folder 000D0000. If it copied the 584108C folder as well I could just drag that into my FTP client and transfer without having to manually create the folder in Content\000...\
This is while browsing a flash drive, in case that makes a difference.

Great program otherwise.

I thought I had it create the root -- guess not... I will get on that right now.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14