xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [beta] Party Buffalo Drive Explorer  (Read 1452 times)

doveman007

• Archived User
[beta] Party Buffalo Drive Explorer
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »

I wish this worked for me but it just locks up when trying to open my drive (250GB Hitachi). Xplorer360 and USBXTAFGUI are able to open it OK but they can't seem to extract the files properly (I can sometimes manage to get it to work on individual files, but if I select a few folders to extract, it just locks up and they're both exceedingly slow).

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Oct 1 2012, 11:11 AM) View Post

I wish this worked for me but it just locks up when trying to open my drive (250GB Hitachi). Xplorer360 and USBXTAFGUI are able to open it OK but they can't seem to extract the files properly (I can sometimes manage to get it to work on individual files, but if I select a few folders to extract, it just locks up and they're both exceedingly slow).

Try out this build: http://clkxu5.com/pb...ybe_no_clue.zip

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »

Hi everyone, sorry to bump this old thread, but I've released an update for Party Buffalo. If you want to read about it, check here: http://clkxu5.com/20...uffalo-2-0-1-0/

The short version: all hard drives should now work properly, "latest news" bullshit was removed, and between 2.0.0.9 I released another update on my blog (not pushed out as an official update) which fixed support for devkit hard drives, which is also included in this version.

This is most likely the last update for Party Buffalo. The blog post explains all of that.

Latest version: http://clkxu5.com/dr...rty Buffalo.exe

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

[This is a copy/paste from another board, so please excuse me if something doesn't make sense or out of context]

This app is pretty self explanatory -- created by me from ground-up, and has been in development for a while now.  To use, connect your drive (if using a drive), press File>Open>Open Drive Selector>Select your drive.  If you're not using a drive, load your file by going to File>Open>Open Dump.

Features so far...
  • Backing up of drive
  • Extracting files
  • Reading files
  • Reading backups/files that are a single FATX partition (such as the xlaunch.fdf file found in devkats)
  • USB support added 1/13/2010
Future updates...
  • Adding support for memory units
  • Backing up security sector, josh sector -- Done.
  • Writing to individual sectors/clusters
  • Reading fromm individual sectors/clusters
  • STFS implimentation (so you can see the game name/file name of an STFS package) -- Done.
  • Maybe undeletion... -- Done.
  • Anything else that people would want
  • Package creation
One known issue I want to address is when extracting multiple files from a hard disk, it will throw an error about the handle not supporting asynchronous operations, etc.  -- working on that.

Instead of keeping this closed-source, and having licensing and all that junk, I've decided I'll just make it open-source.  I figured it would be too annoying for Cheater912 for me to ask him every time I need to update for him to obfuscate the executable, and then to have to create a licensing system would be annoying as hell.

Quick note if you peek at the source code...
The code in just about every single one of the forms is really messy.  Please excuse that.  Also, if you use the dev build, you're doing so at your own risk...  I wrote a lot of the code in the writing quickly, and have barely tested any of it.  So if you're using a hard drive, or anything else you don't want to get messed up on accident, please use enable beta mode by changing the bool at line 16 of the main form to true.

Screenshots:

(IMG:http://imgur.com/KAoal.png)

(IMG:http://i.min.us/ibvHCk.png)

Source:
http://clkxu5.com/drivexplore/src/fatx.zip

EXE (will auto-update):
http://clkxu5.com/drivexplore/Party%20Buff...%20Explorer.exe

If you want to donate, do so hurr (I'm not trying to be one of those guys who's like you donate or else I'll stop developing, I'm just sayin, it'd be cool if you did): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...gif%3aNonHosted

This post has been edited by CLK Rebellion: Jan 14 2011, 01:33 AM

nugmebot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

meh?
IPB Image
win xp /250gb xbox drive

MVPd

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

This is real nice, good that it can read the USB drives, good for uncourrpting profiles and moving between consoles.

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(nugmebot @ Nov 14 2010, 02:39 PM) View Post

meh?

win xp /250gb xbox drive

same as what i see

xp 64 / 2gb usb stick

MoonTar

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

Shuts down on my computer before it can even open up the drive.  sad.gif

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(nugmebot @ Nov 14 2010, 06:39 AM) *

meh?
~~~
win xp /250gb xbox drive

QUOTE(dpbmt @ Nov 14 2010, 08:02 AM) *

same as what i see

xp 64 / 2gb usb stick

I'll look in to that here in a second -- see what the problem is.  Probably a quick fix...  Would either of you feel like letting me on your TeamViewer to check out the problem for myself though?

@MoonTar
Make sure you're running as admin.

This post has been edited by CLK Rebellion: Nov 14 2010, 07:40 PM

TS_

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »

Thanks.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

Is there   a reason that it is trying to connect to the internet? does it check home for updates? I blocked access to the net for it since there is no reason.

minipower

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

Will it be possible " in the future " to add to a memory card or usb drive being used as a memory card. with this program?

I have been trying to add the media update to my usb drive, formated by my xbox 360 so I did not have to swap my internal hard drive between my 2 jtaged xbox 360's to watch movies. 1 xbox 360 is in a bedroom and the other is in the living room.

This post has been edited by minipower: Nov 14 2010, 09:04 PM

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Nov 14 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post

Is there   a reason that it is trying to connect to the internet? does it check home for updates? I blocked access to the net for it since there is no reason.

Yep, that's correct.

blastagator

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

Finally a program that just works with my 250gb smile.gif

I kept getting an error when trying to extract the compatibility folder.
I could extract each item individually and rebuild the directories manually, but if I selected the main folder and hit extract I got "fuck, error" lol

Also, I backed up my whole drive.  Does anyone know if I can manually delete HD installed games? I don't need them wasting precious space on my PC.  For example, I only have one right now, Halo: Reach

I located it (by the size) in:
\Data\Content\0000000000000000\4D53085B\00004000\D5F8036CA497AFADC59687E1566C10D3.data
The files are Data000 through Data0041
   Do I delete the whole folder? Just those Files? More folders?

Just wondering.  Would rather not have to delete them, backup, then reinstall.

Thanks!

CLK Rebellion

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(blastagator @ Nov 14 2010, 12:17 PM) View Post

Finally a program that just works with my 250gb smile.gif

I kept getting an error when trying to extract the compatibility folder.
I could extract each item individually and rebuild the directories manually, but if I selected the main folder and hit extract I got "fuck, error" lol

Also, I backed up my whole drive.  Does anyone know if I can manually delete HD installed games? I don't need them wasting precious space on my PC.  For example, I only have one right now, Halo: Reach

I located it (by the size) in:
\Data\Content\0000000000000000\4D53085B\00004000\D5F8036CA497AFADC59687E1566C10D3.data
The files are Data000 through Data0041
   Do I delete the whole folder? Just those Files? More folders?

Just wondering.  Would rather not have to delete them, backup, then reinstall.

Thanks!

Yeah, that error message is one of the things I forgot to change for the beta...  As for the error you got, I'm guessing before it said that, it gave you a different message?  If so, I'm working on that guy -- more of an annoying bug because it has to do with the Win32 API.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as for the HDD installed games, you can just delete those files.  Games install as Dataxxx

QUOTE(minipower @ Nov 14 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post

Will it be possible " in the future " to add to a memory card or usb drive being used as a memory card. with this program?

I have been trying to add the media update to my usb drive, formated by my xbox 360 so I did not have to swap my internal hard drive between my 2 jtaged xbox 360's to watch movies. 1 xbox 360 is in a bedroom and the other is in the living room.

What exactly do you mean?  Writing to the drives?  That's disabled for now since I haven't tested much of my writing stuff, and I'd rather mess up my own drive than someone else's.  So until I'm sure it's 100% stable, it's disabled.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14