xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: $systemupdate Remover  (Read 394 times)

scuba156

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbones @ Apr 14 2010, 01:40 PM) View Post

As I appreciate the contribution to the community and the time spent to create.. I can't see how this is any easier than simply clicking on the $systemupdate and selecting DELETE!!

I mean really.. after I extract an ISO I always delete that folder manually.. and probably easier than having to click a button, select the folder and then click another button to delete..

I don't get the usefulness of this tool.  If I'm missing something I apologize.
Now if this could delete from an ISO, or run as a xex from the xbox itself and scan the  HDD and USB then that would be helpful.
it can get tiresome deleting the update folder from multiple games. This is just a small section of a bigger app that im making that will support removing the system update from isos. I wasnt going to release this but i thought i may as well. This took 5 mins to make, and a minute to upload so why not?

mysuper360

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »

Work so good for me thanks so much,nice apps!

GARRYB

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »

ok suppose rite now im on 7351 the jtaggable dashbaord and i wanted to play assasins creed 2  but as tht requires the latest dashbaord so if i run this remove the update folder then will i be able to play the game without ever being asked for updatebecause i cant jtag my machine yet becuse im waiting for nand-x.
sorry for my bad english.

darkfox94

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 06:15:00 AM »

is this for no jtaged xbox 360s, too?

LordX

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(GARRYB @ Apr 14 2010, 02:08 PM) View Post

ok suppose rite now im on 7351 the jtaggable dashbaord and i wanted to play assasins creed 2  but as tht requires the latest dashbaord so if i run this remove the update folder then will i be able to play the game without ever being asked for updatebecause i cant jtag my machine yet becuse im waiting for nand-x.
sorry for my bad english.

QUOTE(darkfox94 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:15 PM) View Post

you both will need to use other tool , for ISO Patching , very possible a tool will have to replace the update to older version and not just delete the update dir.

scuba156

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(GARRYB @ Apr 14 2010, 10:58 PM) View Post

sorry i didnt understand so you mean to say if i patch my game with some program .. please tell me the name of the program..and then after patchin i use this program to remove the update folder than ill be able to play the game staying on the jtaggable dash?

np patching would be needed. the System update folder can be removed and you wont be prompted for it, although some games require new functions released in dashboards (such as avatars) so they wont run unless using a minimum required dashboard needed by the game.

although, the latest jtag'd dashboard is xbr3 (dashboard version 8995). no games at this moment have or actually require the 9199 dashboard (and none should require it, there were no new features apart from usb)

QUOTE(darkfox94 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:15 PM) View Post

Its only for jtag boxes

scuba156

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(GARRYB @ Apr 14 2010, 11:13 PM) View Post

so suppose my assasin creed 2 if i run it thrugh this program and it removes the update folder,will i be able to play it ?beucasue i ahave told before my machine is not jtagged yet ,but i do have the jtaggabel kernel.

not untill its jtag'd

ToBbErT

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

I dont think this tool is needed but i really appreciate everything that is done for the scene, so thumbs up! People that want to remove a system update from a iso should just patch the iso to wave 1 with the 360 waves patcher. I would really like to see a tool that can convert mp3's to containers so i can get all my music on 360  rolleyes.gif

p4r0l3

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »

for i in * ; do cd $i ; rm -r "$systemupdate" ; cd .. ; done

LEON007

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »

can you make a application like Xbox image browser or XBC by redline and its automatically remove the system update folder when extracting the game. That would be more useful than this I think. What do u think??

snart

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbones @ Apr 14 2010, 03:40 AM) View Post

As I appreciate the contribution to the community and the time spent to create.. I can't see how this is any easier than simply clicking on the $systemupdate and selecting DELETE!!

I mean really.. after I extract an ISO I always delete that folder manually.. and probably easier than having to click a button, select the folder and then click another button to delete..

I don't get the usefulness of this tool.  If I'm missing something I apologize.
Now if this could delete from an ISO, or run as a xex from the xbox itself and scan the  HDD and USB then that would be helpful.

I extract ISOs with XBOX360ISOExtract0.3, and it automatically deletes the system update folder during extraction.

LEON007

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »

this program is not meant to be delete systemupdate from ISO's. its delete systemupdets from folder.

Kenryuakuma

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

So the question is like once extracted, delete the update and then we could put a folder(extracted ISO) into whatever harddrive and then the game will boot?

It would be great if somebody could make one that could delete the $systemupdate$ or dashboard update within the ISO just like what Wii does.

Keksz

• Archived User
$systemupdate Remover
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

Sunsoar : maybe a file manager, like total commander would do that easier, Alt+F7, $SystemUpdate -> in list -> Delete

Kenryuakuma: there is no app until now which will do that for you sad.gif There are some rumors that ISO2GOD is able to do that, but it isn't...
Pages: 1 [2]