xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Hard Drive  (Read 92 times)

zudrick

• Archived User
New Hard Drive
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »

Hi to everyone on here, this is my question?
I bought a xbox 360 elite "with no hard drive" and have hacked the dvd drive to play copies, this worked ok.
The problem i am now facing is i used InsaneNutter's tutorial to flash a WD2500BEVT. The flashing has worked and using Xplorer360 Extreme 2 i can see the partitions (Partition 0 Partition 2 Partition 3) but i don't have anything to restore to it can someone share there partitions so i can at least put something on there and then the xbox 360 might reckonise the drive. Also when i install the drive on the xbox 360, start up and goto check and format the drive it's not registering the drive?????????????

icepir8icepir8

• Archived User
New Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(zudrick @ Apr 7 2010, 11:05 AM) View Post

Hi to everyone on here, this is my question?
I bought a xbox 360 elite "with no hard drive" and have hacked the dvd drive to play copies, this worked ok.
The problem i am now facing is i used InsaneNutter's tutorial to flash a WD2500BEVT. The flashing has worked and using Xplorer360 Extreme 2 i can see the partitions (Partition 0 Partition 2 Partition 3) but i don't have anything to restore to it can someone share there partitions so i can at least put something on there and then the xbox 360 might reckonise the drive. Also when i install the drive on the xbox 360, start up and goto check and format the drive it's not registering the drive?????????????

What program did you use to flash the hard drive? Also some BIOS reserve space on the hard drive. this will cause problems with the xbox reconizing the drive. HDDHACKR should tell you that the drive is ready to work in the xbox.

zudrick

• Archived User
New Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif  I finaly managed to format the WD2500BEVT with help of my mates hard drive. I copied the boot sector off his and wrote it to the WD2500BEVT then tried it in the xbox 360 and it came up selected format and now i have 250GB hard drive which is plenty of space for games,music and pictures.