xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Usb Storage Xplorer  (Read 1802 times)

Tadeus

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:00 AM »

I cannot find how I can create folder. Or program can't do that?
Sorry for my bad english smile.gif

Guily6669

• Recovered User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »

I didin't tried this app, but i manually hex edited the files inside the pen...

Got interesting results, data0002 looks like it has everything i have (profile/saves and maybe themes no idea) duplicated in there, and i just made a partition inside the xbox 360, it has 0MB in it, but in fact all my saves althougth i didint copied them to the pen, they are duplicated in the pen, humm i can't figure is why M$ duplicates all our data and stays invisible for the xbox 360...

Data0001 doesnt look much important to me, it looks like it has only info of what type of partition u made inside the xbox360. Data0000 looks like it may be the one that has all the tests and info about the pen drive, because u probably can't use ppls data files in ur pen, although i didnt tested that yet, but i have one corsair 8gb pen that can't be used in the xbox360, and i dont think that if i move my data files from the other pen to my corsair  it will load any good...

After comparing data0001 files(one with nothing inside the pen, one with a save in it), it just changed a very few bytes to mean anything, i hex edited data0001, and the save got danified, but i was still able to move it to the hdd and it got fixed, so i dont think data0001 is important...

Data0002+3+4+5... are the actual virtual hdd(and has all ur data duplicated from ur hdd even if u didint copied nothing to the pen...). But to discover bugs in the system and maybe let us hack the xbox360, data0000 looks like it's the one, and probably is encrypted...

Anyway i manually extracted my save from NFS trough usb, and compared to my actual save i have inside the hdd, both had a lot of different bytes, but still i saved the one inside the pen just like the real save i have in the hdd, then i sent it to my hdd over the pc, and it loads just fine, didint even needed to rehash it, the problem is the bloody hell save checksum is still there sad.gif (I was hoping since they have different data moving to the usb may remove the save checksum, but no it doesnt crapt on that)

So i can confirm M$ is so fckin stupid and didint encrypted, our data in the usb pop.gif

ps: also xbox partition change the sectors of the pen it adds a "xbox360" and a few more bytes to the pen partition...
Keep Cool!

mioux

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

In my opinion, encrypting data on the USB stick would only have slowed down the reading. And there is other options to get data from a non banned xbox, such as using the hard drive.

It's a pre-lost war (as we say in French... don't know the expression in English biggrin.gif)

Kaisonic

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure Microsoft simply said "Meh, they can access their files anyway - why not make it easier and make more money with overpriced 360-branded flash drives?"

Nice work on this tool, I'll do some testing when I get home.

slimshady322

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Guily6669 @ Apr 8 2010, 05:32 PM) View Post

i can confirm M$ is so fckin stupid and didint encrypted, our data in the usb pop.gif

As other users said before, MS probably didn't encrypt the files because this would only be more complicated and they know some hackers were gonna hack it anyway. I don't see how this is stupid, why aren't you just happy about it? If they had encrypted it people would be complaining about why they encrypted it.

Also, all of this was known before and you can easily access the files on the device using the tool this thread is about. It may not be perfect, but I guess that in short time it will be easily usable for normal people.

roal

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

Hey guys n00b here. Has anyone tryed injecting DLCs? Say Rockband songs for example?

Thanks!

Guily6669

• Recovered User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(roal @ Apr 8 2010, 05:49 PM) View Post

Hey guys n00b here. Has anyone tryed injecting DLCs? Say Rockband songs for example?

Thanks!

I dont think no one knows exactly how the data files treat the files u copy from the hdd to the pen, in time and with a lot of comparing somoene will unlock all it's secrets...

About the encryption, well i still think M$ is stupid, i was almost sure we copuld use the pen but couldnt use it in the pc to hack the saves, because i thought M$ would encrypt the data inside the pen, but well tank god they'r stupid and didint encrypted it, in no time at all we won't need to ever remove the hdd from the 360 to connect on our pc's to hack files mehehe....

ps: this app is still full of bugs sad.gif
Keep Cool

JonnyReg

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(petspaps @ Apr 8 2010, 04:26 AM) *

Ok it successfully works with profile editing, people are still getting the hang of it. Has anyone else successfully injected anything else into it yet?

I injected several Premium Themes and they worked with no problems. So we can at least swap themes easily (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

mike2732

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(JonnyReg @ Apr 8 2010, 09:10 PM) View Post

I injected several Premium Themes and they worked with no problems. So we can at least swap themes easily wink.gif

Where did you inject the themes?

roal

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(JonnyReg @ Apr 8 2010, 09:10 PM) View Post

I injected several Premium Themes and they worked with no problems. So we can at least swap themes easily wink.gif

Is it possible to do on a untouched Xbox Firmware or does it have to be Jtagged or modded in some way to load Premium Themes and/or Edit Profile with the usb storgage method??

Thanks

mike2732

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(roal @ Apr 8 2010, 09:34 PM) View Post

Is it possible to do on a untouched Xbox Firmware or does it have to be Jtagged or modded in some way to load Premium Themes and/or Edit Profile with the usb storgage method??

Thanks

yeah it is! I just need to know where to put them on the USB.

JonnyReg

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(mike2732 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:26 PM) View Post

Where did you inject the themes?

heh I'll try to explain. I'm really new to this kinda thing.

My USB stick is a 1GB type.

OK I opened the device. Went into 0.{dir}Content. Then 0.{dir}00000000000. Then 1.{dir}434340E1. Then 0.{dir}003000. And injected the file there. In this case the file was 4D5388BB033F0001 A Mass Effect theme.

Also this is on a unmodded in anyway system.

gruntparty

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »

Thread located here with update to 004 instead of 001. I can edit gamesaves with the latest version

CODE
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/190542-release-usb-hdd-xplorer/

Guily6669

• Recovered User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

Woo i discovered everything of what i needed to know about the pen... I know how to manually extract or inject files by hex editing + U dont know but there is a big secret inside which this APP doesnt even read for know...
Keep Cool

slasherking823

• Archived User
Usb Storage Xplorer
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

yes, i updated http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W0MGC9FZ

Data0001 is actually more important then the data itself
Data0001 Is the File Alocation Table iteslf
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11