xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Iso2god V1.1  (Read 603 times)

GTRagnarok

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »

I've had better luck. Unreal Tournament 3 came out to 5.56 GB and is working fine.

rastaman108037

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

You think in the future we could have region-free patching and the like built in? I love this app otherwise! Keep up the good work!

This post has been edited by rastaman108037: Feb 19 2010, 07:53 AM

nexxusty

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:28:00 AM »

We NEED a list of games that work and ones that don't, as well as how they were made. Reason being, some games do not work when ripped at ALL.

AVP PAL is the first one I have come across. You cannot rip an ISO of this game and still have it work as a GOD. Must be the full ISO non ripped or it wont start.

Anybody else come across games like this? My AVP ISO wouldn't even load in the previous release of iso2god. Errors out on me, I had to run it through a util called "CreateIsogood(English)" to get it to load in iso2god. Then it would black screen right after the Rebellion logo.

Have AVP loaded right now as a GOD, but only the untouched ISO directly converted to GOD. Going to try scrubbing the iso with x360scrub and CreateIsogood, see what happens.

Regardless this is something that needs to be discussed.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Feb 19 2010, 07:53 AM) View Post

You think in the future we could have region-free patching and the like built in? I love this app otherwise! Keep up the good work!

Yes

quote from KrK : At present I2G doesn't do any patching to default.xex, but we are looking at adding some support at some point to make the XEX region free.

lemmichaelle

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »

Also getting that access denied error.  On a Win7 with AVG system.  The previous version mostly worked great, this one gives me an error on any file I throw at it.

Drefsab

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:13:00 AM »

How does this work when it comes to mutlidisc games like Mass effect 2 or forza 3 etc?

threedee

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »

Bayonetta came in at 11 gb...

@KrK: can you please leave fields for destination/temp iso typable ? i like to type in paths, i use short ones in this case so typing in is way faster than browsing. And on opposite i HATE folder browser with a passion (the one that shows only folders)... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Went past the problem with Dead Rising dropping loads of errors, bayonetta now loads but for some reason bloats upon exit...

Nice work, thanks... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Waiting for more...

#Edit1# Oh yeah, i'm running Win7 32bit, 3gb, e6600 (stock)

This post has been edited by threedee: Feb 19 2010, 11:18 AM

kraven

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

The XEXTOOL that is embedded in ISO2GOD 1.1.0 is infected with adware.  When ISO2GOD calls XEXTOOL it extracts it to a temporary directory and then calls it. In my case, Symantec flags it as containing Adware and refuses to allow it to run and this generates an application error in ISO2GOD.

If you want ISO2GOD 1.1.0 to run, you need to disable your antivirus.

K.

nexxusty

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »

I am going to shoot out some ISO sizes and list of what works and doesn't with AVP.

Alien Vs. Predator  "Untouched" 7.36gb

Method 1: Incompatible with iso2god 1.06.
Outcome: Duh

Method 2: iso2god 1.10.
Outcome: Works! With NXE Art!

Alien Vs. Predator Scrubbed

Size: 6.09gb
Method: Both internal scrubbing options used. Both fail. With different errors. Using Full yields a "Disc is Unreadable" error, while Partial yields a "Game Cannot Start" error.
Outcome: Doesn't work, NXE art tho!!! wink.gif

Size: 6.17gb
Method: x360scrub the ISO, then use iso2god.
Outcome: Works exactly the same as the untouched ISO.

Size:6.09gb
Method: Extract ISO in Xbox 360 Image Browser, use "CreateISOgood" to make an ISO from the extracted folder, use iso2god to create GOD from rebuilt ISO.
Outcome: Doesn't work. Black screen after Rebellion logo.

So. We have something to go on there. Knowledgeable individuals, tell me your thoughts.

kraven

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

As for some of the GOD's created being 12gb+,  when the reduild starts it seems it creates the directory structure in the new Temporary Rebuilt ISO, but for some reason is copying the directory structure from the previous rebuilt ISO and filling it with padding data. Once it pads it out from the previous ISO, it then starts the new.

The bug here is that the previous converted ISO is not being properly purged from memory before the next ISO is started.

There is a second bug here where the temporary ISO from the last operation is not being deleted before the next ISO is started. But if you delete the previous temporary ISO while the second is being created, the size is still wrong, hence I do not believe both these issues are related.

stezo2k

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »

Has this got a virus? The last ISO2GOD never showed up as a virus but this does

Just crashes with me if ive got SAV open

turk3y

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(kraven @ Feb 19 2010, 10:30 AM) View Post

The XEXTOOL that is embedded in ISO2GOD 1.1.0 is infected with adware.  When ISO2GOD calls XEXTOOL it extracts it to a temporary directory and then calls it. In my case, Symantec flags it as containing Adware and refuses to allow it to run and this generates an application error in ISO2GOD.

If you want ISO2GOD 1.1.0 to run, you need to disable your antivirus.

K.

thats quite a statement, did you meen some av pick it up as adware, or a literal IT IS ADWARE ?

if it is, then it would be better to wait till a new release is done with a clean version embedded rather than turning off the av and running it anyway?

i suspect its a false possitive but turning off your whole av seems a bit ott to me, you can usually mark files or folders as trusted to allow these apps to run and then keep your protection up......

dstruktiv

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

Over zealous anti virus software I can assure you there is no adware/spyware/virus/trojan included with ANY homebrew 360 software released to date.

nevernow

• Archived User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »

I guess antivirus programs don't like the sheer fact that an executable extracts another executable from itself to a temporary directory and runs it. Which, in general, makes sense from a behavioral heuristics point of view.

False positive.

Mattie

• Recovered User
Iso2god V1.1
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(ToBbErT @ Feb 19 2010, 09:43 AM) View Post

Yes

quote from KrK : At present I2G doesn't do any patching to default.xex, but we are looking at adding some support at some point to make the XEX region free.

Hi, i'm hoping those will be optional? as i believe title updates wont work on patched xexs?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5