xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dlc Transfer Via Hex Edit?  (Read 38 times)

Misterturtle

• Archived User
Dlc Transfer Via Hex Edit?
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

So i have a banned xbox without the DLC license on that xbox. So i cant play DLC on that xbox. I can't use the microsoft license transfer tool because that requires you to connect to live.

I have flashed my nand with the zeronand.bin to uncripple it, which got me thinking. If you use xport360 and a hard drive transfer kit to get the downloadable content onto your pc. Could you open it up and find a way to hex edit the license from one serial number (console) to another serial number.

There is something on the xbox (probably hard drive actually) that determines if the license of the DLC is registered to the xbox or not WITHOUT connecting to xbox live. So something is stored on local memory, which means we possibly could have access to it.

The way the microsoft license transfer tool works is it registers your DLC to another console via internet explorer. Then when you get onto xbox live on that console, it updates something on the hard drive to tell it the license has changed, then it will work on that console offline. So i was thinking, we SHOULD be able to do that.

Obviously when you connect to xbox live it would re-register that DLC to the serial number that microsoft has record of, but seeing as it is a banned console i wont be getting on the internet, so it could work.

I've already explored a little in xport360 into the downloadable content folder in partition 3 (the top one) and copied over what i wanted transfered, opened it in hex, and searched for license, the serial number of the console it's registered to, and the console id it is registered to. Nothing showed, i figured as much.

I was hoping i could post this idea on here and let some people ALOT smarter then me tell me if it is possible or not, and possibly research into it a bit. Would be great to hear what you all think.

under420dog

• Archived User
Dlc Transfer Via Hex Edit?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »

if it was that easy to break m$ signature for dlc we'd be a lot farther in the 360 game...
because you would be breaking the  signed content and it won't boot....