xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: abgx360 v1.0.2  (Read 686 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »

abgx360 v1.0.2
Posted by XanTium | November 11 11:54 EST | News Category: Xbox

abgx360(info) v1.0.2 has been officially released.

* Changes affecting all platforms:
- Added support for 4th Wave PFI/Video
- Added support for SS v2
- Added the new check for DMI corruption which the database has been using since 2009/06/14
- Added ability to at least try to verify the game data when no Xex/SS ini is available and we're not going to AutoFix
- Added support for Avatar Awards
- Added option to select your preferred language to use when displaying strings from the Xex title resource
- Added drag & drop support for the GUI Input panel
- Added option to embed images in the HTML source code as data URIs for better portability (when using HTML output)
- Added JavaScript to HTML output that allows you to check off achievements and see the achieved text (especially useful when the how-to text is vague)
- Added a Donate button to the GUI so you can help me pay the bills and continue working on improvements :)
- Removed "Look for verified files in the local folder only" option from the GUI. I can't tell you how many people have checked this box without reading it because they saw it in a tutorial or someone else told them to do it, and then they can't figure out why abgx360 says you need to enable online functions. Please stop writing/following tutorials! Just read the Quickstart topics, the tutorial is right there.
- Checking for updates to GameNameLookup.csv is now optional (the csv was eating 50% of our bandwidth and you probably don't need it anyway since the game name can be retrieved directly from the Xex)
- Fixed a bug where folders would be considered files when parsing the ISO filesystem on some recent games
- Fixed a bug where default.pe (a temporary file used when decompressing a compressed default.xex) wasn't being deleted automatically
- Fixed a bug where unicode code point 160 (no-break space) would be displayed in a CLI window as " ?" instead of " "
- Small changes to the way some messages are displayed (harder to miss)

* Changes affecting Windows:
- Now storing data files in the AppData folder to prevent errors related to permissions and UAC. You can open the GUI and hit Ctrl+F to find out where your StealthFiles are now stored and optionally have it opened for you. abgx360 will still check for Video ISOs in the old install directory first though, so you don't need to move that 3rd Wave Video ISO if you have it saved there already.
- Using libcurl 7.19.6 which should hopefully fix some strange connection problems affecting a small percentage of users

* Changes affecting Linux/BSD:
- Fixed a bug on 64 bit systems which made it impossible to read PFI/Video exceptions from abgx360.dat
- Added code to the unix version of kbhit() to prevent hanging when abgx360 is launched as a background process

* Changes affecting Mac OS X:
- Fixed a bug where abgx360 would fail to launch if you supplied a filename that contained an apostrophe
- Changed the dark gray text used for things like achievement type to normal gray since it was actually showing up black (invisible on a black background)
- Removed GUI option to "Use Terminal font characters" (this refers to a Windows font which replicates CP437 characters and not Terminal.app)

* Special Note: It's recommended to wait for iXtreme LT (Lite Touch) before you play any more backups or originals on an unbanned console flashed with custom firmware.

Official Site: http://www.abgx360.net/
Download: here

halleluia

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »

Just checked my MW2 backup and GTA IV backup...works perfect...Automaticallly check the ss 1 with ss2...

joliverio

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(halleluia @ Nov 12 2009, 01:08 AM) *

Just checked my MW2 backup and GTA IV backup...works perfect...Automaticallly check the ss 1 with ss2...

What does it means?

Nexer

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(joliverio @ Nov 11 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post

What does it means?

"SS v2 very simply consists of a duplicate angle value for response types 7 and 5 stored in c4eva's C/R replay table and was added in iXtreme v1.6. Older 0800 ripping firmwares and Kreon's firmware will record the angle just once, which results in SS v1. The problem is that Kreon's firmware does not do an actual measurement to get the angle, but simply uses preset angles that all games currently use and applies a small jitter to them. Storing the angle twice allows us to be fairly certain that this is a real angle measurement made by an actual Xbox 360 drive. If a game was intentionally or accidentally mastered with one or more angles that deviated far from their CCRT targets, it would need to be ripped with a drive that does actual angle measurements in order to mimic the original disc's responses. If that drive also supports SS v2 and you have the default option enabled to "Trust SS v2 angles", abgx360 will accept them instead of complaining about deviation from the (obviously incorrect) CCRT target. It will still check and alert you when appropriate about the v1 angle deviation from the v2 angle, which should be zero unless the v1 angle has been adjusted to its CCRT target by an older version of abgx360, or if a 359 degree v1 angle was adjusted to 0 for compatibility with iXtreme < v1.4. If you have decided not to trust SS v2 angles by unchecking that option, abgx360 will compare both the v1 and v2 angle to the CCRT target as if each was a v1 angle and alert you when appropriate; this is useful if you're paranoid and think someone has maliciously tampered with the angles. Note, however, that abgx360 v1.0.2 or later will never fix angle deviation or C/R data for an SS v2 without a verified ini and SS file (although it will still adjust any 359 degree v1 angles if you have that option enabled). If your SS v2 is fucked up, something is seriously wrong and you need to rip again or use the SS provided by AutoFix, as there is no reliable way to fix an SS v2 using decrypted CCRT data."

Obveron

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

^^^ You really think that answer is gonna help someone who can only muster to ask "What does it means?"?

Cjc1706

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

Awesome!! Thanks very much to the abgx team for this. Just checked my rip of MW2 and works perfectly.

CJ

Nexer

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Obveron @ Nov 11 2009, 06:25 PM) View Post

^^^ You really think that answer is gonna help someone who can only muster to ask "What does it means?"?

It could hopefully teach that person something.  rolleyes.gif

MagicA

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Obveron @ Nov 11 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

Buahahahahah tongue.gif

MrNorma

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(halleluia @ Nov 11 2009, 05:08 PM) View Post

Where you download it from?

GOT IT

xtainohxd

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nexer @ Nov 11 2009, 12:29 PM) View Post

It could hopefully teach that person something.  rolleyes.gif

Great explanation even though I understand half of it. Thank you!

MrcheapO(718)

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

This is great news! Now we just need 2 wait 4 c4eva's update and we be back online! wats crazy is this banned news even made the papers! Special thanks 2 abgx and c4eva!

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »

wow. Great work !!

Edit: Thanks for the lesson on SS v2. I think its helpful for everyone.

This post has been edited by tomgreen99200: Nov 11 2009, 06:55 PM

Pedroshin

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(halleluia @ Nov 11 2009, 05:08 PM) View Post

What do you mean? Automatically check SS v1 with SS v2, wtf? They are separate things, there is no SS v1 being checked with SS v2 or anything here... SS v2 are duplicate angles.

In any case what's the best setting to have? To trust SS v2 angles or not? My brain almost melted when I read the text about SS v2 in Quickstart, so I'm not sure myself...

dbldown768

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

Special Note: It's recommended to wait for iXtreme LT (Lite Touch) before you play any more backups or originals on an unbanned console flashed with custom firmware.

does this mean to not even power on your 360?

theBearjew

• Archived User
abgx360 v1.0.2
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

cant wait to be back online playing on Live  o well guess ill be playing MW2 offline for now
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5