xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 4  (Read 722 times)

OggyUK

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 4
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

No idea how this app works, use the make xtreme fw.cmd accompanying the firmware wink.gif

then, flash using using whatever flavour of app.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(bubbafatass79 @ Sep 2 2009, 01:17 PM) View Post

Thanks for that will look in to it. Will I need to prepare the firmware before putting in the custom folder?

Cheers

Yes, you will need to prepare your firmware yourself to use it with the 'custom' option on my software. (since my software does not offer an Xtreme 5.x firmware version by default)

The best option is to use Firmtool to easily create your Xtreme 5.3D firmware using your original firmware backup file and the Xtreme 5.3D firmware file.

Alternatively you could just send me your ORIG.BIN file from your drive, and I can create the Xtreme 5.3D firmware for your specific drive, and then send it back to you, and you can use the 'custom' option to flash it on to your drive. happy.gif

PM me if you are interested.

jrae79

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 04:36:00 AM »

Hey Frosty

I'm still getting the internal stacks error(but no hmsys error) when I have both my sata hd plugged in and my usb stick with revision 4. When I unplug the Sata HD, the program won't boot up properly and stalls at the "installed as T Drive:" screen.
I formatted using ms-dos and not free dos(tried freedos but that didnt work).  oh, and it's for a samsung drive.
Any ideas on what could be the problem?

bubbafatass79

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 04:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Sep 2 2009, 11:35 PM) View Post

Yes, you will need to prepare your firmware yourself to use it with the 'custom' option on my software. (since my software does not offer an Xtreme 5.x firmware version by default)

The best option is to use Firmtool to easily create your Xtreme 5.3D firmware using your original firmware backup file and the Xtreme 5.3D firmware file.

Alternatively you could just send me your ORIG.BIN file from your drive, and I can create the Xtreme 5.3D firmware for your specific drive, and then send it back to you, and you can use the 'custom' option to flash it on to your drive. happy.gif

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks Frosty, I need to get the orig.bin from the drive still, but will do that tonight. Tried last night with dvdkey (jungleflasher) but threw up an error. On windows 7 though so I'm gonna try an xp machine.

I can make the firmware no problem, thanks for the offer though.

Now I know I need to prepare the firmware shouldn't be an issue once I have the orig.bin.

Cheers for the help.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(bubbafatass79 @ Sep 3 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

Thanks Frosty, I need to get the orig.bin from the drive still, but will do that tonight. Tried last night with dvdkey (jungleflasher) but threw up an error. On windows 7 though so I'm gonna try an xp machine.

I can make the firmware no problem, thanks for the offer though.

Now I know I need to prepare the firmware shouldn't be an issue once I have the orig.bin.

Cheers for the help.

Cool, glad I could help. smile.gif

Let me know if you run into any trouble. happy.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(jrae79 @ Sep 3 2009, 04:36 AM) View Post

Hey Frosty

I'm still getting the internal stacks error(but no hmsys error) when I have both my sata hd plugged in and my usb stick with revision 4. When I unplug the Sata HD, the program won't boot up properly and stalls at the "installed as T Drive:" screen.
I formatted using ms-dos and not free dos(tried freedos but that didnt work).  oh, and it's for a samsung drive.
Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Have you tried a BIOS update on your motherboard?

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem... PM me and I will see what we can do for you. happy.gif

moneypit

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

Frosty

Thanks for all your efforts.

I am runnng into an issue I hope you can help with. Using a Samsung drive with iXtreme 1.2 connected to a VIA SATA card with an Xecuter connctivty kit and using your  revision 3 tool, the firmware validation comes up as "OK". It then prompts me to "press any key to continue but, it just stays there. Powering the drive off for five seconds and back on does nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

jrae79

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Sep 3 2009, 04:36 PM) View Post

Have you tried a BIOS update on your motherboard?

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem... PM me and I will see what we can do for you. happy.gif

Yes, I have updated to my manufacturer's latest BIOS already.  I have PM'd you!

cheers

manocheese

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »

From the wrong topic....

"I'm trying to use this to flash my BENQ drive, which has previously been flashed, but not by me. It gets to the Erasing... stage (after unplugging/plugging the power) and then stops. I reset my PC and restored the original firmware using the custom option and tried again, same issue. So, at the moment it's sitting on Erasing... and I'm about to try again. Any ideas? Anything more you need to know?

Thanks for this Frosty, even if it's not working for, it's still great work smile.gif

Update:

I figured it out, it had already created the new firmware before Erasing, so I wrote that using the custom option, worked a treat."

The XBOX is fine now, just wondering if anyone knew why the Erasing stage would stop responding with the automated BENQ flash?

moneypit

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

I've been researching and cannot find a solution to my problem. I did see that KAOSSTAR had the same issue but, don't see how it was resolved. Here is the problem as posted by KAOSSTAR that is the same problem I am having.

I got the original to dump, but it just hangs at the "Press any key to continue" screen. I'm using a PS/2 keyboard and I try pressing every button, but nothing happens. Also, I'm using a Sammy drive spoofed as a Hitachi Drive. Should I be doing anything differently, like using the custom steps?

Edit: I took out the USB flash drive and saw that my original .bin was not actually written to it. Also, tried using the MS-DOS bootfiles in case it was some sort of weird I/O error. The same thing happened, but it was accompanied by a perpetual system beep.

A link to the solution (I could not find one after searching) or ideas to a solution is apprreciated from all

Thanks

totoz

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »

frosty your inbox is full

what about a cd version with 83850 support? or just usb?

thanks for your great work!

moneypit

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(moneypit @ Sep 5 2009, 01:10 PM) *

I've been researching and cannot find a solution to my problem. I did see that KAOSSTAR had the same issue but, don't see how it was resolved. Here is the problem as posted by KAOSSTAR that is the same problem I am having.
A link to the solution (I could not find one after searching) or ideas to a solution is apprreciated from all

Thanks

I have redone the USB using revision 4. I moved my SATA card to a new slot. Progress but, still issues. It now hangs at

"Status: 0xFF"

I've powered down and back up waiting 3, 5, 8, 10 seconds. No change.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Mez

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

Frosty when i try to dump the key for the 83850c it says wrong number of arguments for the liteon 83850c freekey!  How do i fix this error?

XPunked

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 03:23:00 AM »

I've tried to use this for the new 83850c Liteon.

7 out of 8 attempts at using this tool I get the error:

"firmware validiation failed
restarting firmware dump process
press any key to contiune"

Every now and then it seems to dump the key correctly. But when I get the the second 'key dumping' to verify the dump I keep getting the same error:

"firmware validiation failed
restarting firmware dump process
press any key to contiune "

I have tried it lot of times over and over again and I seem to occasionally be able to dump the key once, but not the second time to verify the key.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

jrae79

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Frosty.

Did you get my PM? My BIOS is up to date but still don't work
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7