xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3  (Read 1152 times)

LEON007

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(wolfguard52 @ Jun 30 2009, 04:02 PM) *

you say you got pics, so what about the usb ,can put that to the xbox port or is that a no no

??

Put usb to xbox port?? for flashing?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(wolfguard52 @ Jun 30 2009, 09:02 AM) *

you say you got pics, so what about the usb ,can put that to the xbox port or is that a no no

If you mean plugging it into the 360's USB port, and it 'instantly' mods your 360 then the answer is 'no' unfortunately... my software does not work through the 360, you need to use a computer with my software, and you need to remove your 360 DVD drive from your XBOX 360 and connect it to your computer for this to work.

Also, you are going to need either a VT6421 PCI SATA card or nForce SATA chipset to use this software.

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Jun 30 2009, 04:42 PM

jacklikesnike

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

Sadly when i tried this method. with a stock Benq. i powered xbox on and pc on. with video cables connected. cia card works fine as ive used it with jungle flasher etc. I got to the part where it says. click yes then a fx00 or something comes up. remove power and then power it back on. but when i did that. it just didnt do anything :S any ideas? thanks alot guys.

Bopp

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 02:08:00 AM »

Nice work Frosty! I am hoping that i can do the job..!

Hope my 'Sitecom Express card SATA external' comes in today (and the xbox) and that it will work..  (i just have a laptop and an imac, so no PCI support sad.gif).

If i am correct I am going to get a Pro (60gb) with a Jasper chipset, does anyone know with what DVD-drive that comes and if i have to do something special for it smile.gif?

ps. is there any tutorial on how to dissemble your xbox  rolleyes.gif ?

kukkuu

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »

Hello,

I am very new on this site (my first post and first day here) and I want to ask a very noob question. How I can download this file? Can I download this via mirc or something. I am sorry if somebody gets mad because of my stupid question.  wink.gif

Forget this question. smile.gif I figured it out. biggrin.gif

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(kukkuu @ Jul 1 2009, 05:37 AM) View Post

Hello,

I am very new on this site (my first post and first day here) and I want to ask a very noob question. How I can download this file? Can I download this via mirc or something. I am sorry if somebody gets mad because of my stupid question.  wink.gif

We can't post links to it since it contains copyrighted data.  All I can say is that it's on xbins

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacklikesnike @ Jun 30 2009, 05:05 PM) View Post

Sadly when i tried this method. with a stock Benq. i powered xbox on and pc on. with video cables connected. cia card works fine as ive used it with jungle flasher etc. I got to the part where it says. click yes then a fx00 or something comes up. remove power and then power it back on. but when i did that. it just didnt do anything :S any ideas? thanks alot guys.

This may sound weird, but have you tried moving your VIA card to a different PCI slot, and trying it that way?

NOTE: The port number will change if you move the card.

Also, how are you entering the port? For example, JungleFlasher shows the port as being 0xDF00 (DF00 being an example of the port) which means that you need to enter DF00 (leave out the 0x part) when you are using my software.

Bopp

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »

Hmm, it is possible to test if my SATA Express Card is gonna work without having the Connector Kit (for Lite-on), right? Just boot in DOS and test if he can read the 'SATA card'..?

I dont want to break anything just jet.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Shinho

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

I can just picture it now.....

(IMG:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/Shinho/newfrosty.jpg)

LOL Sorry Frosty, could'nt help myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 29 2009, 09:43 PM) *

I want to make a video, and I might... but currently there are no videos available that I am aware of.

However, my tool has pictures, diagrams and instructions included as part of the step by step flashing process, it's designed to be a walkthrough and also to flash at the same time.

Try using it, it should be really easy to use. (that's what it was made for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

jacklikesnike

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jul 1 2009, 03:33 PM) View Post

This may sound weird, but have you tried moving your VIA card to a different PCI slot, and trying it that way?

NOTE: The port number will change if you move the card.

Also, how are you entering the port? For example, JungleFlasher shows the port as being 0xDF00 (DF00 being an example of the port) which means that you need to enter DF00 (leave out the 0x part) when you are using my software.

The port is DC00. which ityped in perfect on JF. and but if the pci card works in JF why do i need to do this. btw it is a stock benq drive too. i am powering it on. then powering pc on. then its still not working.

now the drive is modded. how would i go about loading it up with a benq 1.6 incase i used this for a 1.7firmware in future etc.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinho @ Jul 1 2009, 10:26 AM) View Post

I can just picture it now.....

IPB Image

LOL Sorry Frosty, could'nt help myself tongue.gif

That is AWESOME!!!

It's totally me too, all the way down to the buttons!

I might even make that picture my new logo for my software... that would be sweet. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jacklikesnike @ Jul 1 2009, 10:51 AM) View Post

The port is DC00. which ityped in perfect on JF. and but if the pci card works in JF why do i need to do this. btw it is a stock benq drive too. i am powering it on. then powering pc on. then its still not working.

now the drive is modded. how would i go about loading it up with a benq 1.6 incase i used this for a 1.7firmware in future etc.

DOS is different than Windows, software and hardware do not function the same in both operating systems.

A friend of mine (avineyard) had the exact same problem you do. After MUCH troubleshooting through PMs he ended up bringing his PC over to my house and I troubleshooted the issue for him, and in the end all I had to do to get it to work was to change the slot the VIA PCI SATA card was in and it worked immediately, but if the VIA card was in a different slot it didn't work.

Just try it and see, your issue might be the same.

jacklikesnike

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »

right ok but lets say i want to flash a benq which already has a firmware on it to 1.6 from 1.51. how do i get it to recognise it from there? thanks alot pal. As in how do i power it on correct with half draw etc?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(jacklikesnike @ Jul 1 2009, 03:32 PM) *

right ok but lets say i want to flash a benq which already has a firmware on it to 1.6 from 1.51. how do i get it to recognise it from there? thanks alot pal. As in how do i power it on correct with half draw etc?

Well, the instructions should say that you need to connect sata & power, then press ESC and the 'failed intro' screen pops up, then you press Y, then ENTER, then you disconnect and reconnect the power. (and if it doesn't immediately dump the firmware then disconnect and reconnect the power again)

The process is the same for stock drives and also for already-modified drives (regardless of the iXtreme firmware version currently on the drive).

Make sure you are reading and following every step exactly, and ONLY power the drive when you are told to do so. (don't skip steps, don't eject the drive at all during the process, dont power the drive before powering the PC, etc)

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Jul 1 2009, 10:41 PM

goodey200

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

Where is the download link it just says NA? am i missing sumut?

LEON007

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

Just read post #36
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10