xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3  (Read 1154 times)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »

@niccador

Have you tried flashing the ORIG.BIN from the original drive onto the new PCB? (directly, no key changes or anything)

Also, just as a side note, I think you may have blown your original drive during erasing by accidentally plugging the power cable in upside-down, which is very common with new modders...

If all else fails, you can send your original ORIG.BIN file (unchanged/unmodified) and I can see if it is ok.

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Jun 29 2009, 04:18 AM

LEON007

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »

thanx for the help svincent.

niccador

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »

Well, I can at least say that I definitely did NOT plug the the power cable in upside down...
Because I was using the 360 to power the drive, not a Kit...which I only recently realized I didn't even need to touch the power cable, just cycle the 360....but I was following the auto directions explicitly.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will send you the original bin file from the MS28 in a PM.  Maybe you can make something of it...

As I said, I tried reflashing the original....but it made no difference, strangely, yet swapping the PCB (from a MS25 not a MS28) gets us at least halfway there....?

I beating my head against a wall over this thing....

On a positive note, your USB Drive has been AWESOME at quickly and safely flashing many, many drives -- both before and after this particular incident.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  Good job!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

svincent

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(LEON007 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:19 PM) View Post

thanx for the help svincent.

no worries, make sure you have a copy of the original firmware first b4 flashing, even if you have to flash to 1.6 first using the automatic method because this will create a copy of your original firmware and then flash to 5.3 again

Vashuzinho

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

Hi guys, I'm new here

Noob question:

Do I need CK3 to flash a Samsung drive?
If No, do I leave the drive's power cable plugged in the xbox or do I have to plug it to the computer?

Thank you very much!

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vashuzinho @ Jun 29 2009, 11:36 AM) View Post

Hi guys, I'm new here

Noob question:

Do I need CK3 to flash a Samsung drive?
If No, do I leave the drive's power cable plugged in the xbox or do I have to plug it to the computer?

Thank you very much!

You don't need a CK3 for BenQ or Samsung drives.

To use the 360 power, just make sure the VIDEO (THE VIDEO CABLE IS VERY IMPORTANT, THE 360 WILL SHUT OFF WITHOUT IT) and POWER cables are connected to the 360, then just turn on the 360 and use the 360's DVD power cable for the power connector, and just connect the SATA cable to your PC and the 360 DVD drive.

Then follow the instructions as normal. smile.gif

Vashuzinho

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 29 2009, 02:44 PM) *

You don't need a CK3 for BenQ or Samsung drives.

To use the 360 power, just make sure the VIDEO (THE VIDEO CABLE IS VERY IMPORTANT, THE 360 WILL SHUT OFF WITHOUT IT) and POWER cables are connected to the 360, then just turn on the 360 and use the 360's DVD power cable for the power connector, and just connect the SATA cable to your PC and the 360 DVD drive.

Then follow the instructions as normal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ok now I feel relieved lol

Thank you, Frosty!

I'm from Brazil so it would be very hard to get my hands on a ck3, thanks god I don't need one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks again and congrats for the nice work! Keep up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

niccador

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

Still working on this bloody MS28 -- or I will be again later this afternoon -- and would like to get an opinion...

Of course, I'll be trying your suggestion of flashing the original MS28 dump onto the MS25 PCB, and pray that at least gets it back to a functioning stock condition...

If that works, then presumably taking the unmodified MS28 iXtreme that the software generated successfully during the original attempt should also work, yes?

The auto flash process wants to spoof the firmware to MS25, since it sees the MS25 PCB, and this didn't work successfully -- but that's because the mobo is expecting to see the firmware as MS28, right?  So when it asked/asks, I should NOT let it try to spoof?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(niccador @ Jun 29 2009, 11:55 AM) View Post

Still working on this bloody MS28 -- or I will be again later this afternoon -- and would like to get an opinion...

Of course, I'll be trying your suggestion of flashing the original MS28 dump onto the MS25 PCB, and pray that at least gets it back to a functioning stock condition...

If that works, then presumably taking the unmodified MS28 iXtreme that the software generated successfully during the original attempt should also work, yes?

The auto flash process wants to spoof the firmware to MS25, since it sees the MS25 PCB, and this didn't work successfully -- but that's because the mobo is expecting to see the firmware as MS28, right?  So when it asked/asks, I should NOT let it try to spoof?

Yes, the original ORIG.BIN file should work correctly on the MS28 drive.

Whatever the original model of the original drive was, that's what the new firmware needs to be.

So, if the original drive was an MS28, then the firmware needs to be MS28. Spoof your drive accordingly. smile.gif

wolfguard52

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

hey frosty is there a video or can you make a video how to do this , yes im a noob but would like to learn if you can
thank wolfguard52

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(wolfguard52 @ Jun 29 2009, 02:13 PM) View Post

hey frosty is there a video or can you make a video how to do this , yes im a noob but would like to learn if you can
thank wolfguard52

I want to make a video, and I might... but currently there are no videos available that I am aware of.

However, my tool has pictures, diagrams and instructions included as part of the step by step flashing process, it's designed to be a walkthrough and also to flash at the same time.

Try using it, it should be really easy to use. (that's what it was made for smile.gif)

niccador

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

Thanks Frosty!
Flashed the original MS28 dump onto the new MS25 PCB, and it worked like a charm!  Likewise, turning around and using the iXtreme from the MS28 worked flawlessly.

I have no idea what exactly happened to the MS28 PCB, but I guess that error power cycling killed it good.  Glad that MS25 board was just laying around.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(niccador @ Jun 29 2009, 05:01 PM) View Post

Thanks Frosty!
Flashed the original MS28 dump onto the new MS25 PCB, and it worked like a charm!  Likewise, turning around and using the iXtreme from the MS28 worked flawlessly.

I have no idea what exactly happened to the MS28 PCB, but I guess that error power cycling killed it good.  Glad that MS25 board was just laying around.  smile.gif

Sweet! Glad to hear that you got it working. smile.gif

Vashuzinho

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »

Ok I did it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It worked just fine, and was really really easy

I flashed 2 Samsungs

The most difficult part is cracking the xbox open, the rest is quick and easy!

Good job, Frosty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

wolfguard52

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

you say you got pics, so what about the usb ,can put that to the xbox port or is that a no no
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10