xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3  (Read 1151 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | June 26 00:26 EST | News Category: Xbox360

FrostyTheSnowman released a new revision of his 360 Modification USB Drive(info).

What's new/fixed in v1.6 Revision 3:
* General code cleanup on all scripts
* Powerpoint-style GUI added
* Disclaimer screen ad

Official Site: n/a, by FrostyTheSnowman
Download: n/a (contains modified FWs)
News-Source/Full Readme: xbins.org

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

svincent

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

Thanks Frosty, another great release, just did a custom flash with this new revision and all went perfectly... surely no one can stuff it up now  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »

will there be a disc version of this as well?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(wulfie @ Jun 26 2009, 01:45 PM) View Post

will there be a disc version of this as well?

Indeed there will be, it will be released sometime next week. happy.gif

avineyard

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »

Works like a charm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) flashed a liteon and sammy successfully. So long as you follow each step as told it really is difficult to foul up.

cyrus6000

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

Frosty,
Any chance you can include a pre flash checklist of data needed(i.e. com port numbers, xbox serial, ect...)? This would help so we know exactly what is needed before we boot your disk then relize we dont have everything we need.
Thanks for the awesome work!
Cyrus

avineyard

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

In the downloadable compressed file there are tutorials for everything you'd need to find like your port number. As far as com goes, follow the same procedure as you do for the sata port but instead of looking in SCSI and RAID controllers, expand "Ports" and view the available serial ports. If it is a native serial port it will probably be Com 1 listed as "Communications Port (Com1)". That's the info you'll need to flash.  Certainly not to difficult or lengthy of a job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Though a quick list of what is needed would look like this

* xbox 360 drive (samsung, benq, liteon--- Hitatchi not supported) [the drive should be removed from the 360 body and detached from it's power and sata cables, though I've heard it's possible to use the xbox's power and eject I think the effort far outweighs the cost of a ck3 lite/pro.]
                 ** you'll need a torx screwdriver/head to open the 360
                 ** a philips screwdriver/head to open the liteon drive
* Computer with VIA SATA (or compatible chipset card)   [recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16815124022]
* Computer with native serial (only needed for liteon) [i've heard that serial port add on cards CAN work but I've not heard specifics or many positive reviews]
* a connectivity kit (ck3 works great)
* spear/probe for retrieving liteon key
* properly formatted thumb drive with usb drive v1.6 revision 3 loaded to it

Those are the necessities of the process.  Hope it helps.

This post has been edited by avineyard: Jun 27 2009, 04:16 AM

machinman

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »

hello there,

still waiting for my sata pci card  dry.gif

but you still can't flash liteon 1.5 to 1.6 without probe right ?

skel28

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »

As I understand it you only need the probe to read from the Liteon, you don't need the probe to flash.

If I am wrong here, someone please correct me.
Thanks

LEON007

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »

I want to flash my sammy with XTREME 5.3 multispeed firmware. Will I do it with this tool??

Actually I have a console from 2006. So its laser preaty much gone now. I can not effort 12x at this moment so basically have to use non stealth firmware for weave 3.

svincent

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(LEON007 @ Jun 29 2009, 03:03 AM) *

I want to flash my sammy with XTREME 5.3 multispeed firmware. Will I do it with this tool??

Actually I have a console from 2006. So its laser preaty much gone now. I can not effort 12x at this moment so basically have to use non stealth firmware for weave 3.

You can use this tool to flash the drive to 5.3 but you will need to create your 5.3 firmware first and place it in the custom folder on the USB stick and select custom flash from the menu.

niccador

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »

I hope this is not considered a double-posting, or at least the wrong place for this, and apologize if it is.  This being the main thread regarding this software package, I thought it might be the best place to get help...

I'm reasonably new to 360 flashing, but have successfully flashed a number of drives, and ran into my first case of serious operator error today...

I was flashing several STOCK Samsung MS28 drives using Frosty's USB Modification Drive - Revision 3.

The original firmware was successfully read and verified, backed up, and the custom firmware was successfully prepped and ready to go. (Small miracles, right?)

During the Erase step, I did not get the power re-plugged securely...it apparently got just enough of a connection to register and start the erase process, and then came unplugged...at which point the erase failed... (I'm not entirely certain, but from the 360 LED activity, I almost think the drive is stuck in vendor mode...)

I immediately stopped, and tried to out-think the process....because if I'm good at anything, it's making a bad situation worse...

I quickly backed up the orig.bin and prepped xtreme.bin to another system...and erased them from the flash drive. (Since the program won't allow you to reuse an existing directory.)  I opened the files in both Jungle Flasher and Maximus Toolbox and confirmed that they were dumped correctly, and included the unique and proper key that was displayed during the original dump.

Started the normal flashing process over.

This time, it did not display the usual message about resending the command and force me to power cycle the drive, (another sign that leads me to believe it is stuck in vendor mode) it just popped up immediately as reading the Banks, which of course failed because it was partially erased from the first attempt.

Likewise, the next step of prepping the ixtreme firmware failed, as expected, because the current firmware read failed.

The Erase step seemed to complete successfully, although as with the Read step, it did not display the message about resending the command and force me to power cycle, it just jumped straight into erasing as though it were already in vendor mode.

When it completed the erase step this time, I copied the original successful orig.bin and ixtreme.bin files back to the usb drive and proceeded to flash.

This appeared to be successful, but upon boot, it gave me the E65 error.

Using the Custom menu on the USB drive, I then tried flashing the ORIG.BIN back to the drive, which appeared to go flawlessly -- including the necessary power cycles this time -- but am still getting the E65 error.

I have tried accessing this drive in Windows with Jungle Flasher, but windows does not seem to detect it (after freezing for a few moments when the drive is powered up), and it naturally does not show up on any of the Port Info sections of JF.  The 360 LED continues to flash rapidly, as though the drive is still in vendor mode.

So...have I killed this drive, or is there someone out there who can help me fix this tragedy?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

@niccador

Ok, I think this is an easy fix.

I'm willing to bet that your firmware wasn't spoofed correctly for some reason, which means that the IXTREME.BIN file is probably not working correctly, and causing the E65 error.

Try flashing the ORIG.BIN (forget all about the IXTREME.BIN file, don't try using it) file back on to the MS25 drive using the 'CUSTOM' menus, then try re-flashing it again using the 'AUTOMATIC' menus. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Jun 29 2009, 03:12 AM

niccador

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

"Using the Custom menu on the USB drive, I then tried flashing the ORIG.BIN back to the drive, which appeared to go flawlessly -- including the necessary power cycles this time -- but am still getting the E65 error."

Did that earlier.  :-/  Unless something went wrong...

Interesting note:
Tried swapping PCB from (assumed) stock MS25 into the MS28.
This allowed it to boot without the E65 error, but of course, without a matching key it wouldn't play games.

Let the USB drive software read the PCB and generate new firmware (auto spoofed to MS25), then just prior to erasing and flashing, opened it in Toolbox and inserted the key from the original MS28 into the ixtreme firmware, and continued flashing.

This time it still gave us one red LED, but did not come up with the E65 on screen.

Then flashed to the MS25 ORIG with the MS28 key.  Booted, but wouldn't play games, as though the key was wrong.

Despite the fact that the original attempt successfully read and verified the original MS28 key, is there some chance the key that it read and reported was wrong?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10