xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 2  (Read 437 times)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 2
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(UnrealEureca @ Jun 26 2009, 11:48 AM) View Post

BTW

That worked.

Nice!

I'm glad to hear that you got it working!

QUOTE(2green @ Jun 26 2009, 03:42 PM) View Post

Hi Frosty,

My Benq 360 fried.  I bought a new unit but it has a Lite on drive.  Can your USB utility flash the lite on IF I
have a Ctk lite and probe?  Or do I need the keys first?
Can anyone point me to a "lite on Frosty USB tut"?

Thank you for your time,

2grren

Yes, as long as you have a CK3 lite and probe you can easily flash any Lite-On 360 DVD Drive.

However, you will need to convert your BenQ firmware (with your keys) into a Lite-On compatible firmware, if you are switching out your BenQ drive for a Lite-On.

You can do this easily with JungleFlasher, or you can send your firmware file to me and I can do it for ya. smile.gif

P.S. I think I know why your BenQ drives keep dying (this is your second drive I think lol) is maybe because you are using the DVD drive's power cable for a 12v fan mod maybe? I might be wrong, but that's my guess. smile.gif

QUOTE(ELUNO1 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:46 PM) View Post

Thanks Frosty! I managed to successfully flash my Benq drive!
Now I have one quick question, I also have a LiteOn drive, but I have a USB based extractor. So I know I have to extract my key on my own, but after that, I guess I have to patch it on my own, and then put it in the custom folder, or is there a way to just put my key and have your program patch it and then write it?
Thanks again!
 love.gif

If you are using a USB extractor then you will need to extract and create your iXtreme firmware for your Lite-On drive in windows, then you can put the created firmware file in the 'CUSTOM' folder of my USB drive and then you can easily flash your Lite-On drive using my software. smile.gif

QUOTE(Shakeydog @ Jun 27 2009, 12:24 PM) View Post

Hello Frosty you were helping me a few pages back and this was your last response to me..It seems my drive was not erasing but the program saying it went successful ...After looking around I found a specialty  shop that sold a card that I knew was a VT6421 card it arrived today and I was really happy because I thought I was all done but it seems that I am still having the same exact problem...I was wondering If you could give me any other advice I should try ? My drive was a lite-on and I have all of the files saved I just need to flash the drive...Thanks for any help...

Did you try a different physical PCI slot? (the port number will change)

Are you 100% sure you are using the correct port number for your new card?

Have you tried using Revision 3 of my new software?

2green

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »

HI Frosty,

No the whole unit got the "RROD".  The 12 volt mod makes it too loud anyway.

Bought a brand new unit.  My luck it has the Lite-On drive.
Now I am waiting for the "CKLite and Spear"  OH BOY!
I have one of the first "Connectivity kits" v1.2.
No spear!  

I would like to just "Read" the firmware on the Lite-On and spoof it to
the Benq.  Then if I ever get rid of it, I can put the stock drive in.
Is this possible or can you only spoof to a Samsung?

IF this is possible could I
PM you the "drivekey" (IF I successfully extract it) and have you "Ixtreme" and "Spoof"it?

I have been doing alot of reading and I am starting to get it.  I have not figured out how to
"Ixtreme" the Lite-On key yet.  I think I use "DVDKEY32" for that but am still re-reading the tut!

Thanks again for all your help Frosty,

2green

I have no problem using the "Custom" folder on your software!! LOL>)

Shakeydog

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »

Took a trip to my grandmothers house today just to see if I could get lucky.....It worked First try took no time at all....Thanks Frosty for this great program.....I just have one question....My brother got his xbox flashed a few months before 1.51 came out and I was wondering how I would update his drive using this program...Thanks again for all the help....

2green

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

Hi Frosty,

Did you glance at the above post?  Can you take a Lite-On drive, read the key
and then "spoof" the Lite-On key to the Benq?

In other words can you replace a Lite-On drive with a Benq IF you have the Lite-On key?

IF this is possible is it Xbox Live safe?

Thanks for your time,

2green
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]