xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 2  (Read 440 times)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 2
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(psxpirate2002 @ Jun 11 2009, 05:20 AM) View Post

frosty, flashed my drive folowing all the instrutions and it said everything had been successful but every game i put into the drive (including games that use to work fine) now say that i need a xbox to play the disk, any ideas mate?

It sounds like your iXtreme firmware did not copy over properly, do you still have the files that were backed up when you dumped your drive? (first step)

Did you use a different chipset other than the VIA/nForce ones?

suds2

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »

Wow great tool.  SO much easier than the last time I did this...

My old system worked flawlessly until the 3 RROD which I have since fixed.  It used a Hitachi-LG drive.  I have since obtained a Benq drive and followed the tutorials for flashing using 360 Modification USB Drive v1.  It took several attempts but finally appeared successful.

However, after installing the Benq drive into the original system, it comes up and thinks that all disks are DVDs and not games.  Am I missing something?  Since I changed drives, do I need to spoof the drive/system?  If so, which tool is best suited for this?  Thanks.

snakesnoke

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

Hi, sorry if this is answered before. I have a German XBOX 360 (LITE-ON-Drive) without any modification. If I'm right, until now it wasn't possible to flash this drive without soldering or buying extra tools. Can I flash the drive with just this program?

ipillo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 05:11:00 AM »

Well, first of all thanks to FrostyTheSnowman for his great work.

I´d like to upgrade my XBOX 360 from iX 1.5 to 1.6 using the 360 USB Modification Drive, but before that I´d like you to answer me some questions if it´s possible:

1- Is there any step to step guide who explains how to upgrade the firm with your tool?
2- Is there anything that have to be considered before upgrading? (e.g. the mainboard, putting the drive in b-mode or something related).
3- Do I need special tools to upgrade the drive like Spear/Xtractor or something similar?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

P.S: I´m newbie in upgrading facts, so please don´t be too hard with me if I ask for something stupid tongue.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(ipillo @ Jun 12 2009, 05:11 AM) View Post

Well, first of all thanks to FrostyTheSnowman for his great work.

I´d like to upgrade my XBOX 360 from iX 1.5 to 1.6 using the 360 USB Modification Drive, but before that I´d like you to answer me some questions if it´s possible:

1- Is there any step to step guide who explains how to upgrade the firm with your tool?
2- Is there anything that have to be considered before upgrading? (e.g. the mainboard, putting the drive in b-mode or something related).
3- Do I need special tools to upgrade the drive like Spear/Xtractor or something similar?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

P.S: I´m newbie in upgrading facts, so please don´t be too hard with me if I ask for something stupid tongue.gif

Well, I am going to be releasing Revision 3 later this week, maybe even tomorrow, and it is going to have actual pictures (instead of text instructions) between each step to guide you through the flashing process.

I would recommend waiting until then if this is your first flash.

As far as extra tools go, it depends on your drive. Samsungs and BenQs do not require any special tools, but the Lite-On drives do, you will need a CK3 lite and spear (or equivalent)

Maede

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »

When I bought my new 360 a month or so ago, I paid a guy to do the mod since I did not want to wait for my xecutor connectivity watchamacallit probe to show up, therefore, I don't have my initial firmware dump files. Will I still be able to use this?

I have the same Problem and would like to know if I have te extract my dump files manually before using the tool.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maede @ Jun 15 2009, 06:34 AM) View Post

I have the same Problem and would like to know if I have te extract my dump files manually before using the tool.

My tool does not require you to dump your drive's firmware first, it does everything for you automatically. smile.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maede @ Jun 15 2009, 09:36 AM) View Post

Sorry I was missunderstood. I just wanted to know If I have the read out the Drive Nummer manually, in case something goes wrong. I think you need that one?

I'm not sure I understand your meaning... but if you mean you should dump the firmware beforehand 'just to be safe' then yes, it's always a good thing to do that before any flash. However, you don't need to... my disc/USB drive will automatically upgrade your drive anyway. happy.gif

svincent

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maede @ Jun 16 2009, 04:31 AM) View Post

My mainpc has a ASUS A8R32-MPV Deluxe mainboard with ATI chipset. So it wont work anyway. I have another older PC with Via Chipset, I will have a look for the specification.

Is it possible to update only to iXtreme 1.51 with your tool? (Advanced options custom firmware)

edit: damn, the other pc has a VT8377 Chipset, I guess I cannot make the flash update on my own...

Maede, just get a VIA VT6421 PCI card, there dirt cheap.

@FrostyTheSnowman, thanks for a great app, CD version worked great for me and i'm sure this USB one will be ace too...

Maede

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »

The only way to get a VIA VT6421 PCI card here in Switzerland is over a webshop. Costs about 30-40 SFr (20-25Euro). I can get a flash from a modder here for 40-50Sfr... sad.gif

svincent

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maede @ Jun 16 2009, 06:46 PM) View Post

The only way to get a VIA VT6421 PCI card here in Switzerland is over a webshop. Costs about 30-40 SFr (20-25Euro). I can get a flash from a modder here for 40-50Sfr... sad.gif

fair point, and if you have a liteon u'd need extra equiptment too.  But at least once you get all the stuff you'll be able to flash it again and again when a new firmware is released...  pros and cons i guess

Maede

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »

Or I can try it with Jungleflasher, If the Drive (got a Samsung) can be read, it should be possible to flash it.

Maede

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »

Ok I did it with Jungleflash, it was very easy. Unfortunately I had the A74 Error again, fixed also the ROD 2 Times with the exclampfix, new heatpaste and overheating. Damn, best would be buying a new one.. smile.gif

glitch666

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »

Quick question.

I have always used Dos to flash all of my BenQs and Sammys, never had a problem. I always dump Liteons in windows and erase/flash in DOS with Dosflash. I am curious however as I want to start dumping and flashing Liteons in DOS, as what method your Modification USB drive uses to dump the Liteon files and create a Dummy.bin with? I noticed that in the liteon folder is the Dosflash files and fimtool, but also the Dummygen from dvdkey. I thought Dosflash creates its own Dummy.bin? So what is the need for Using Dummygen?

Bleckshire

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

5. Does not support USB-based dumping cables for Lite-On drives (MS-DOS limitation)

So my question is: Is this being worked on, are there any possibilities that might work (usbaspi.sys, dosusb.com) or am I stuck having to use Windows tools?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6