xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.6  (Read 924 times)

shyzza313

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.6
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

thank you frosty for the quick reply and thanks for such a good prog keep up the good work looking forward to the usb based release.

su_root

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »

im pretty sure the answer is no for dos based tools...

but any chance of supporting the usb probes like usbxtractor? having very little luck with vt6421 card inside xp, just causes system to hang....

tw3nz0r

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

How much space would this take up, I have a spare old 32mb USB drive that would be perfect methinks.

stuart78

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »

Hey guys.  I have two copys of v1.6. and when i look inside the iso with isobuster one version has the firmware in folders and  .bat files and what not.  And the other version has Firmware folder with no contents visible. Now the version that has visible firmware in folders was not downloaded from xbins. But the other with visible firmware and .bat stuff was downloaded for a torrent site.

What should i be looking for inside the ISO.

Thanks..  I can post pics if you are interested smile.gif

Meethatguy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(tw3nz0r @ May 18 2009, 09:01 PM) View Post

How much space would this take up, I have a spare old 32mb USB drive that would be perfect methinks.

You can get 2gb drives for $10 now at best buy, walmart.....

I for one would be very willing to switch from dosflash to this for a usb based solution.
On disc I have no idea where my files are going.. USB it will all be in one safe place.

lol,
Whats funny is you can tell frosty wasnt thinking to deeply into the USB aspect... then when he tried he realized how much more responsive and easier it is to use.

Plus the fact that most PCs iwthin the past 5 years that have SATA ports will boot from "other" or usb.

LockandLoad12gauge

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »

New to the scene, here...hello! On to my question,  I have been looking for the aforementioned "360 Modification Disc v1.6", although I read this, "Download: n/a (contains modified FWs)".  What exactly does this mean?  Is it illegal?  If so, why?  Please take great care, I am a noob and am seeking info.
Thanks!

gimpydingo

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

Yes I'm asking again... Does this disc put a sammy drive into 0800 mode to unlock to drive for flashing or do I still need the activate.iso? I have one DL left so this would be helpful to know in advance. I plan on flashing this Thursday when I actually have some free time. THANKS!!

QUOTE(LockandLoad12gauge @ May 18 2009, 11:47 PM) *

New to the scene, here...hello! On to my question,  I have been looking for the aforementioned "360 Modification Disc v1.6", although I read this, "Download: n/a (contains modified FWs)".  What exactly does this mean?  Is it illegal?  If so, why?  Please take great care, I am a noob and am seeking info.
Thanks!

The modified firmware is considered illegal.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(su_root @ May 18 2009, 06:16 PM) View Post

im pretty sure the answer is no for dos based tools...

but any chance of supporting the usb probes like usbxtractor? having very little luck with vt6421 card inside xp, just causes system to hang....

You are correct. DOS based tools do not have the resident drivers available to support USB-based serial cables. Unfortunately this will probably always be this way...

QUOTE(tw3nz0r @ May 18 2009, 07:01 PM) View Post

About 2MB (so any USB drive will work just fine). happy.gif

QUOTE(Meethatguy @ May 18 2009, 09:43 PM) View Post

lol,
Whats funny is you can tell frosty wasnt thinking to deeply into the USB aspect... then when he tried he realized how much more responsive and easier it is to use.

Plus the fact that most PCs iwthin the past 5 years that have SATA ports will boot from "other" or usb.

LOL, yes you are right for the most part, I hadn't delved too deeply into USB bootable options, for a few reasons:

1. Most new modders don't understand how to create a bootable USB drive (although I will be including a really easy tutorial for doing it)

2. Not all PCs support booting from a USB drive

3. A disc just seemed so much more simple...

However, all things considered, the USB version will be the better version to use all around. happy.gif

NOTE: I am planning to release the USB version, called '360 Modification USB Drive v1.6' on Friday this week. (just waiting on a few more beta tester's results)

speedforce131

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »

okay so I have 1 reservation about going ahead with this.  Last time i checked (which was a while ago, late last year) I had to do some sort of track cutting or soldering since I had a BenQ, so with this disc, I don't have to? It's as easy as putting the disc in and follow directions?

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(speedforce131 @ May 20 2009, 06:04 AM) View Post

okay so I have 1 reservation about going ahead with this.  Last time i checked (which was a while ago, late last year) I had to do some sort of track cutting or soldering since I had a BenQ, so with this disc, I don't have to? It's as easy as putting the disc in and follow directions?

Just connect your 360 drive to your pc, put disc in pc and boot computer, follow onscreen directions and you're done biggrin.gif  This disc makes flashing 360 drives SO easy!  It's one reason I donated to Frosty wink.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ May 20 2009, 12:47 AM) View Post

You are correct. DOS based tools do not have the resident drivers available to support USB-based serial cables. Unfortunately this will probably always be this way...

Does this help?

Scavx

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(LusKereN @ May 17 2009, 12:07 PM) View Post

Tried this disc at this version wont boot, " missing operation system "

But hes 1.51 version worked flawless.

I have the same issue,but with both 1.51 and 1.6 CD's. What could be wrong?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 20 2009, 07:42 AM) View Post

Does this help?

Yes it does actually! That's pretty cool that DOS is still being developed for driver-wise... but it looks like the driver only supports Prolific-based usb-to-serial chips though, and I am not sure what comes in the CK3 Pro or the new all-in-one probe made by Maximus... (the name skips my mind at the moment...)

I would need either a CK3 Pro or Maximus' new all-in-one extractor/spear to test...

Does anyone know what chip is used by the CK3 or Maximus USB solutions?

QUOTE(Scavx @ May 20 2009, 09:32 AM) View Post

I have the same issue,but with both 1.51 and 1.6 CD's. What could be wrong?

It is a compatibility issue with your PC's BIOS.

I will be releasing '360 Modification USB Drive v1.6' this Friday, which will be a much better option than the disc version, and will fix the booting issues some users are running into. happy.gif

I would wait until Friday, and try the USB version instead. smile.gif

Scavx

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »

Ok, then Friday it is...  biggrin.gif

Thnx for fast response!

Shinho

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ May 20 2009, 04:50 PM) View Post

I will be releasing '360 Modification USB Drive v1.6' this Friday, which will be a much better option than the disc version, and will fix the booting issues some users are running into. happy.gif

I would wait until Friday, and try the USB version instead. smile.gif

Looking forward to Friday, Great work Frosty!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11