xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.53  (Read 999 times)

alz123

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.53
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

hi all

tried out 1.53 on my spare sammy drive

it flashed  it ok but

the on screen instruction said
press enter then y then enter again ??

i only press enter and it went straight to reading banks 1-4
??

but the worst thin is it still dos not save to the hard drive
i named the folder "aa" and the folder was not on drive c when i booted in to windows
even tried it again and no folder

the disc is a great way of doing sammys that need the unlock disc

but for me jungle flasher is a more backup reliable way

sorry

BlackWar

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

Agreed. I hope it is nothing more then a strict warning (if it happens that is).

And, dont beat yourself up to much, something similar happened to me some time ago. Someone needed help, I had good intentions of wanting to help, but I ended up with the 3-day mute. The irony of it was that someone else suggested piracy (or something like that), and I suggested that the person get banned over it, but in the end I got muted because I said that the person should get banned (or something to that extent).

We all live, we all learn, and we all move on. And, btw, PLEASE keep up the good work regardless of what may or may not happen. You seem to be a very capable person that is very level headed. This place, in all actuality of it all, needs more folks like you.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(alz123 @ Apr 13 2009, 01:56 PM) View Post

hi all

it flashed  it ok but

??

i named the folder "aa" and the folder was not on drive c when i booted in to windows

sorry

LOL, no worries, to each their own when it comes to flashing methods. smile.gif

But as far as your issues go:

Sometimes the NTFS driver does not work perfectly with all NTFS drives (NTFS is REALLY hard to efficiently support under DOS), which will cause backups of your files to act funny, and either not save the files or not create the directory. This issue does not prevent your drive from being modified correctly, it only prevents you from getting the backup files. My gut instinct on this one is that the NTFS driver does not like improperly un-mounted NTFS drives (i.e. incorrectly shut down windows sessions)

And as far as the 'immediate reading' of your drive goes, this is not a bad thing or a good thing, this can happen with some VT6421 cards, especially the VT6421A cards. In fact, it is actually a good thing because it means that your particular card is highly compatible with the Samsung drives. happy.gif

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Apr 13 2009, 01:58 PM) View Post

We all live, we all learn, and we all move on. And, btw, PLEASE keep up the good work regardless of what may or may not happen. You seem to be a very capable person that is very level headed. This place, in all actuality of it all, needs more folks like you.

Thanks dude, will do. happy.gif

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(alz123 @ Apr 13 2009, 01:56 PM) *

hi all

it flashed  it ok but

??

sorry

PEOPLE, you need to also check any partions other than C:\ on your hard drive for your backup files, whether it be D:\ E:\ F:\.....Ect.  For example my backups were saved to D:\SAMFILES

The fact is that Frosty's disc is simply the easiest way to mod a 360, hand's down... As long as it's not a Hitachi.  Just make sure to follow the directions exactly, and it'll go with out a hitch.

Thank's again Frosty

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Apr 13 2009, 07:42 PM) *

Yea, that's a good idea, committing warranty fraud, which you claim that everybody on this board has done at one point and is against the forums' rules to even suggest, but I have yet to do it. You opened the 360, you assumed the risk knowing all to well what might happen. By following your way of thinking, that would be the same as saying "it's all right to break into a store late at night to take stuff. every body has done it at some point in their life."

Also, by saying that its no big deal to return it under false pretense is also not a good idea. Take a look at how many people ended up with banned boxes right from the store, because somebody got banned, and returned it with some lame excuse. IF you do try to return it, I myself hope you do end up with the luck of getting a banned xbox back in return. The point of this site and its forums is for learning from the 360 and finding ways of protecting our purchases, in this case, modifying the DVD rom's FW so we can play our own backed up games, not to give out advice on how to commit fraud or piracy.  

You broke the warranty seal, you knew the risks, you should now live with your $350 mistake and look at it as a learning experience.

Exactly right.
The posts above this that this refers to have been removed from view.
I don't care who you are it is plain wrong to discuss warranty fraud on here. To say a retail chain deserves it is ridiculous. The people who suffer are the honest purchasers and consumers alike.

Although, it will be hard for me to support this release if that ends up being the case. (can't post if i'm banned)

Your release doesn't buy you a ticket here to discuss things that could bring the forums to unwanted attention..

This post has been edited by Chancer: Apr 13 2009, 08:11 PM

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 01:51 AM) *

Not sure why, but mine still freezes after firmware dump.
BenQ drive.

If it froze after the dump, the backup files have to be some where on your hard drive. My suggestion is to start looking, and you should find it....

Check my post above.

This post has been edited by dkellen1: Apr 13 2009, 08:26 PM

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Apr 13 2009, 09:18 PM) View Post

And as far as the 'immediate reading' of your drive goes, this is not a bad thing or a good thing, this can happen with some VT6421 cards, especially the VT6421A cards. In fact, it is actually a good thing because it means that your particular card is highly compatible with the Samsung drives. happy.gif

Its because MS25's dont have firmguard.

alz123

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

hi frosty

have used your disk on a number of sammys its mostley firmguard one
i find it easier

i dont know why the firmwares are not saving ???
as others have have said it may be on other drive i have
one drive only so it can only save it to that the system i use is for flashing only
and is always shut down correctlly

it may be a ntfs problem

i am going to install xp on a cf card as fat32 and see if that makes any differance

i would like to use your disk for 90% of my flashing but
backed up firmware is a must

some ms25 where flashed in the early days with flashguard built in
the are the ones that i use frostys disc for  it easier

will let you know how i get on with cf card

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by alz123: Apr 13 2009, 08:40 PM

bobbos21

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

i am having a problem. When i hit enter it says status and jumps between 2 numbers and thats all it does it hangs up there. Am i doing something wrong here. Does the box need to be powered on at that point or what.

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(bobbos21 @ Apr 13 2009, 05:12 PM) View Post

i am having a problem. When i hit enter it says status and jumps between 2 numbers and thats all it does it hangs up there. Am i doing something wrong here. Does the box need to be powered on at that point or what.

Yes, mine did the same thing just power off and on until it takes off and does it's thing.  biggrin.gif

MaD_mAnIaC

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Apr 13 2009, 10:18 PM) View Post

Just used 1.53 to flash a benq and a sams ms25 with a vt6421a card and the ms25 did the instant reading too. anyway everything worked perfectly for both. tkx frosty.

Smidley

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

Hey Scene!  I just want to post my experience with v1.52 from this weekend.  Had I known v1.53 was on its way, I probably would have waited.

Here's my setup:
  • LiteOn DG-16D2S
  • nForce3 SATA controller
  • CK3 Lite with probe

Everything was going well: the key was properly dumped, and the firmware on the drive was erased.  After the drive firmware was erased, the keyboard locked up.  I can't say that the computer froze, because the command prompt cursor immediately after "Press any key to continue..." was still blinking.  The keyboard simply would not respond; NumLock and CapsLock status wouldn't even change.

I thought it might be because I had two keyboards connected: a standard PS/2 and a wireless USB KB/mouse combo.  After manually using l-o-eras.exe and DosFlash16 to erase and flash the drive with iXtreme v1.51, I wanted to confirm my suspicion that the USB keyboard was causing the problem.  No dice...even with only the PS/2 connected, the problem occurred at the same spot in the process.

I never did find the root cause of the issue, and I used l-o-eras.exe and DosFlash to manually erase and reflash.  Am I supposed to disconnect the CK3 probe from the drive board before erasing and flashing?  Could it be due to the fact that I also have a PNY SPU5103PPB PCI SATA S-CURE card attached?  Is this a known issue that is fixed by v1.53?

I also want to mention that I forgot to remove a USB thumb drive before my initial attempt, and my dump files were written to it.  The drive was removed before the second attempt, so I doubt that was the cause of my problem.  So to those of you who cannot find your dump files, be sure to check any USB drives that may have been attached.

Thanks in advance to any replies, and big thanks to Frosty for a great tool that I'm sure works more than 95% of the time.

luciano360

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »

Hey Frosty Great release man! I usually use iprep to upgrade my firmware, but this lousy computer's bios doesnt support usb startup support so thanks! just upgraded to new firmware! i could NEVER get jungleflasher to work unforunately sad.gif but ur cd did the trick  biggrin.gif

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Apr 12 2009, 07:01 PM) View Post

360 Modification Disc v1.53 is released, check the 'usual places'. happy.gif
Changes in v1.53:

- Replaced MTKFlash for DOSFlash
 - Improved Samsung Detection
This version fixes all detection issues with Samsung TS-H943 drives, and also improves compatibility with more SATA chipsets.

NOTE: I have also successfully used this disc with NForce3 chipsets, so even though I still recommend the VT6421 SATA card, you can also use the NForce3 too. (maybe others as well)

Enjoy!

Hey Smidley... Until the release of mod disc v1.53 it was recommended to not use any chipsets other than the VIA6421, but as frosty has mentioned  he has successfully used NForce3 chipsets with v1.53, so since you were using 1.52 that just may have been your problem.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

Thanks a lot frosty!

Cool little cd!  

Worked like a charm   cool.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9