xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.53  (Read 998 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.53
« on: April 12, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 12 20:38 EST | News Category: Xbox360

FrostyTheSnowman released a new version of his 360 Modification Disc(info).

What's new/fixed:
* Replaced MTKFlash for DOSFlash
* Improved Samsung Detection

Official Site: n/a, by FrostyTheSnowman
Download: n/a (contains modified FWs)
News-Source/Full Readme: xbins.org

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »

Not sure why, but mine still freezes after firmware dump.
BenQ drive.

Magiske

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 09:51 AM) View Post

Not sure why, but mine still freezes after firmware dump.
BenQ drive.

After the first dump, restart and answer no to NTFS so the FW will not be saved.
This did it for me.

/M

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Magiske @ Apr 13 2009, 03:09 AM) View Post

After the first dump, restart and answer no to NTFS so the FW will not be saved.
This did it for me.

/M

That just pretty much bricked my dvd drive.
Tried a wave 3, said Play DVD.
Tried a wave 2, same thing.
Chose play, screen just flickered on/off, during which I could barely see a white background displaying the Xbox 360 logo, and one of those achievement-style boxes that said something about Security.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 09:37 AM) View Post

Chose play, screen just flickered on/off, during which I could barely see a white background displaying the Xbox 360 logo, and one of those achievement-style boxes that said something about Security.

In this release there isn't a 'no' option available, which version of my disc are you using?

Only the older versions allow you to say no, and on the original v1.5 disc this CAN cause bricking (versions v1.51, v1.52, and v1.53 are not affected)

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 10:37 AM) *

@ FrostyTheSnowman: I'm using v1.53

I selected N when asked about MTK Vendor Info, and went from there. Any game I put in now just says Play DVD, then if I try to load it, the screen goes black / flashes a white Xbox 360 screen with a HDCP Link Test popup on it.

Any way I can fix this?

This post has been edited by SasquatchRVC: Apr 13 2009, 03:36 PM

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 12:02 PM) View Post

I selected N when asked about MTK Vendor Info, and went from there. Any game I put in now just says Play DVD, then if I try to load it, the screen goes black / flashes a white Xbox 360 screen with a HDCP Link Test popup on it.

Any way I can fix this?

Think I found my answer searching the interwebs. I've got a paperweight for a 360 now. Thanks Magiske! You're awesome!

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 10:02 AM) View Post

Any way I can fix this?

Oh yeah, you shouldn't EVER say 'N' during the dumping process... that's not a good thing...

The MTK Vendor intro is what does the actual dumping, by saying 'N' you basically told my disc not to dump your original firmware at all...

What Magiske was referring to was the 'NTFS4DOS' screen that is no longer used on my discs, not the MTK Vendor part.

Have you checked your 'BENFILES' folder on your 'C' drive for backup files? Since you tried dumping many times before, you might just have some backup files from before...

If you can find the ORIG.BIN file in the 'BENFILES' folder then PM me and I will help you get your drive back up and running.

NOTE TO ALL USERS OF MY DISC: Follow the instructions exactly, do not skip steps or do anything different than the disc tells you. Otherwise bad things can happen.

QUOTE(SasquatchRVC @ Apr 13 2009, 10:46 AM) View Post

Think I found my answer searching the interwebs. I've got a paperweight for a 360 now. Thanks Magiske! You're awesome!

Technically his information wasn't wrong, it just wasn't correct for this particular version of my disc. Instead of saying 'NO' (like on older versions) you can simply disconnect your PC's hard drive instead if you are having freezing issues.

SasquatchRVC

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Apr 13 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Oh yeah, you shouldn't EVER say 'N' during the dumping process... that's not a good thing...

The MTK Vendor intro is what does the actual dumping, by saying 'N' you basically told my disc not to dump your original firmware at all...

What Magiske was referring to was the 'NTFS4DOS' screen that is no longer used on my discs, not the MTK Vendor part.

Have you checked your 'BENFILES' folder on your 'C' drive for backup files? Since you tried dumping many times before, you might just have some backup files from before...

If you can find the ORIG.BIN file in the 'BENFILES' folder then PM me and I will help you get your drive back up and running.

NOTE TO ALL USERS OF MY DISC: Follow the instructions exactly, do not skip steps or do anything different than the disc tells you. Otherwise bad things can happen.
Technically his information wasn't wrong, it just wasn't correct for this particular version of my disc. Instead of saying 'NO' (like on older versions) you can simply disconnect your PC's hard drive instead if you are having freezing issues.

I did try using both 1.52 and then 1.53, with various combination of PC setup, including no drives connected. Still froze @ that spot for me. Not sure why.

Pretty upset right now. It was a nice little performer. Relatively new BenQ HDMI Arcade model, w/ a 120GB HDD thrown into it. I have a friend's old RRoD Hitachi model, could maybe get it fixed, but I would lose HDMI, and I just bought a whole HDMI Matrix Switch setup.

BlackWar

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

Yea, that's a good idea, committing warranty fraud, which you claim that everybody on this board has done at one point and is against the forums' rules to even suggest, but I have yet to do it. You opened the 360, you assumed the risk knowing all to well what might happen. By following your way of thinking, that would be the same as saying "it's all right to break into a store late at night to take stuff. every body has done it at some point in their life."

Also, by saying that its no big deal to return it under false pretense is also not a good idea. Take a look at how many people ended up with banned boxes right from the store, because somebody got banned, and returned it with some lame excuse. IF you do try to return it, I myself hope you do end up with the luck of getting a banned xbox back in return. The point of this site and its forums is for learning from the 360 and finding ways of protecting our purchases, in this case, modifying the DVD rom's FW so we can play our own backed up games, not to give out advice on how to commit fraud or piracy.  

You broke the warranty seal, you knew the risks, you should now live with your $350 mistake and look at it as a learning experience.

This post has been edited by BlackWar: Apr 13 2009, 06:02 PM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Apr 13 2009, 12:42 PM) View Post

Yea, that's a good idea, committing warranty fraud, which you claim that everybody on this board has done at one point and is against the forums' rules to even suggest, but I have yet to do it. You opened the 360, you assumed the risk knowing all to well what might happen. By following your way of thinking, that would be the same as saying "it's all right to break into a store late at night to take stuff. every body has done it at some point in their life."

Also, by saying that its no big deal to return it under false pretense is also not a good idea. Take a look at how many people ended up with banned boxes right from the store, because somebody got banned, and returned it with some lame excuse. IF you do try to return it, I myself hope you do end up with the luck of getting a banned xbox back in return. The point of this site and its forums is for learning from the 360 and finding ways of protecting our purchases, in this case, modifying the DVD rom's FW so we can play our own backed up games, not to give out advice on how to commit fraud or piracy.  

You broke the warranty seal, you knew the risks, you should now live with your $350 mistake and look at it as a learning experience.

Yes, you are right, it IS wrong.

But, the point of this thread and my response was NOT to discuss legality issues and moral views, nor was it meant to imply that doing a 'swap and return' is okay and legal. (it is not legal to swap and return, I know this)

I just feel bad for the guy, loosing your 360 sucks.

If you want to be a jerk and start a 'morals war' in a software release thread, be my guest, but that will still make you a jerk.

ggcs23

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »

Hey Frost,

I have a samsung ts-h943 with ixtreme 1.4 and want to use your disc to update to 1.51.
I still need some other disc to access the vendor mode ? (Like 0800.iso or activate.iso)
Thanks !!

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(ggcs23 @ Apr 13 2009, 01:10 PM) View Post

Hey Frost,

I have a samsung ts-h943 with ixtreme 1.4 and want to use your disc to update to 1.51.
I still need some other disc to access the vendor mode ? (Like 0800.iso or activate.iso)
Thanks !!

Nope, you don't need any 'activation discs' (like Enable0800) for the Samsung TS-H943 drive with my disc.

As long as you are using an NForce3 SATA chipset or a VT6421 SATA card you will just need my disc to do it. happy.gif

BlackWar

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

Do not get me wrong, I also feel bad for the person, especially with the way the current economy is at, but the bottom line the fact that the person knew the risks of opening and modifying the components inside the unit.

Also, I know you were just tring to help out, but to suggest it and then to give information out on how to do it is still just as wrong.

I am not trying to start a moral war, but I AM pointing out that the rules of the boards were broken by suggesting and then telling on how to do it.

Am a jerk? Yea, maybe I am. Do I have morals? That depends on who you ask and what the subject is. But what I do know is that rules have been set up on this forum for a reason and they must be followed regardless of what section in the forums the post took place. I have been around for a while, and even in hot water a time or two, and from those experiences is the reason why I posted what I posted and why.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

@BlackWar

Noted. Yes, I broke the rules without thinking.

I would edit the original post if I could, but I can't.

If a moderator would like to 'right the wrong' and remove that post and ban me temporarily to make an example, so be it.

Although, it will be hard for me to support this release if that ends up being the case. (can't post if i'm banned)

Aside from all that though, I hope everyone is enjoying 360 Modification Disc v1.53. happy.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9