xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Making The 360 See The Real Size Of Hd  (Read 90 times)

zrs_guy

• Archived User
Making The 360 See The Real Size Of Hd
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »

Hi. I successfully backed up my data from my 20gb hd to my 120gb hd. But, the 360 only sees 3.5gb free. I used a method of dragging and droppping to back up files and restore files and folders. Then i restored partition 2 on the 120gb. The xbox sees the hd fine and has all the content on it except it only says i have 3.5 gb free!!! Please if anyone would like to help i would appreciate it.

getoffdee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »

1.) Put the drive in your 360
2.) Format the Drive (input 360 serial number in order to format)
3.) You should get back to 107 GB
4.) Drag everything from partition 3 back over to the Hard Drive again

zrs_guy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

Hello.  Thanks for your help. I formatted the drive then i re copied the partition 3 data back on and then put back into 360. The 360 now cannot see the content on the drive. I would like to note that before i re copied the data i saw a cache folder on the 360 after the format. I replaced with cache folder with the one i backed up. Could this cache folder have anything to do with why it now doesnt see the content. By the way i can get it to see my content if I re follow all the steps from a tut I have but then it will most likely only show like 3.5gb free. Anyhow, if you need more information about the methods i use just let me know. Thanks!