xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.51  (Read 1309 times)

TORich

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.51
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »

Hey Frosty, fan of the disc having an issue though. I'm new to the forum but not new to flashing.... I've also read completely through this post as well as your original post for v1.5 post and tried everything with no luck still.... I can't make it passed the reading stage of the disc.

After getting through to steps 5 and 6 (of the orig. fw reading) is where I have trouble. I have tried all the different suggestions on DC power and reconnecting but none have worked and allowed my drive to read the orig fw.... the drive (benQ btw) goes from status 0xD1 when the drive is disconnected, then after waiting for 5-10 secs i reconnect power and the status flickers at 0xD2  without reading the fw.

Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appreciated

blackg1000

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Mar 9 2009, 12:02 AM) View Post

Glad to hear my disc has worked well for so many people!  happy.gif

As far as the people with freezing issues after dumping, try using my disc without your PC's HDD connected, it may solve the freezing issues. (Don't worry, my disc works just fine without an HDD, it just won't backup your firmware for later use)

This release makes my disc compatible with ALL PC SATA & IDE DVD-ROM drives, but my disc still has some known issues with certain SATA HDDs. (after dumping the firmware my disc immediately copies the dumped firmware over to your HDD, which can cause freezing with some SATA HDDs.)

Once again, if you are having freezing issues, try using my disc without your PC HDD attached, you should be fine. Although, if you have a spare IDE HDD laying around that you can use instead of your SATA HDD, that would be highly recommended instead of simply disconnecting your SATA HDD.

NOTE: Using an IDE HDD is a much better idea though, as using my disc without an HDD does introduce the possibility of bricks. I'm not saying your drive WILL brick, only that it is a possibility without an HDD.

Frosty,

Just to let you know I got it to work but I had to disconnect the Hard drive first as you recommended but what I was slightly concerned about was not being able to keep my saved firmware but a sacrifice I was willing to make. Also, I use an IDE drive anyway and not a SATA and only until I unplugged this did it start to work.

It worked immediately and I see no reason for it to go wrong at all if the Hard Drive is disconnected unless you are very careless. It was for a BENQ drive.

Anyway, the disc is the business and massive congratulations on an amazing tool. You're going to save me so many hours remodding drives.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(TORich @ Mar 8 2009, 06:57 PM) View Post

Hey Frosty, fan of the disc having an issue though. I'm new to the forum but not new to flashing.... I've also read completely through this post as well as your original post for v1.5 post and tried everything with no luck still.... I can't make it passed the reading stage of the disc.

After getting through to steps 5 and 6 (of the orig. fw reading) is where I have trouble. I have tried all the different suggestions on DC power and reconnecting but none have worked and allowed my drive to read the orig fw.... the drive (benQ btw) goes from status 0xD1 when the drive is disconnected, then after waiting for 5-10 secs i reconnect power and the status flickers at 0xD2  without reading the fw.

Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried using an external power source instead of using your 360?

I personally use the XENO connectivity kit for my power source, but the Xecuter connectivity kit and the CK3 pro/CK3 lite also work very well.

I don't really recommend using your 360 as a power source, it tends to cause reading/flashing issues with Samsung and BenQ drives.

QUOTE(trident666 @ Mar 8 2009, 06:56 PM) View Post

Hello Frosty
nice tool, really appreciate the work, got a quick question
the unlock procedure of the drive is handled too ? depending the firmware and the drive you have, it can be pretty different to get it in vendor mode .. Thx for the answer

My disc handles all unlocking, reading, and flashing for all versions of the Samsung, BenQ, and Lite-On drives just fine as long as you are using a VIA VT6421 SATA card. happy.gif

QUOTE(princeton_E5 @ Mar 8 2009, 06:49 PM) View Post

em, i have a question, its the 1st time i am thinking of using this programe, i got a few question to ask, hope you guys can help me out.

i dun have a via VT6421 PCI SATA card, can i use my on board sata? its "NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition Serial ATA controller" just wondering is this ok to work with this? and i am using a lite-on with IX 1.5, but i dun have a ck3 or any tool for key extraction as i had someone done it for me, does this software do upgrades by auto detecting the dvd key via sata? sorry to ask so much, just wanted to comfirm before taking up risk hope fellow seniors and bro here can give me a hand, thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

My disc cannot dump the Lite-On key information over SATA, it requires a serial cable to do it. You will need either a CK3 lite, CK3 pro, or you will need to make a homemade cable with the diagram provided on my disc.

QUOTE(blackg1000 @ Mar 8 2009, 07:51 PM) View Post

Frosty,

Just to let you know I got it to work but I had to disconnect the Hard drive first as you recommended but what I was slightly concerned about was not being able to keep my saved firmware but a sacrifice I was willing to make. Also, I use an IDE drive anyway and not a SATA and only until I unplugged this did it start to work.

It worked immediately and I see no reason for it to go wrong at all if the Hard Drive is disconnected unless you are very careless. It was for a BENQ drive.

Anyway, the disc is the business and massive congratulations on an amazing tool. You're going to save me so many hours remodding drives.

Glad to hear that you got it working! Also note though, that if you choose not to use an HDD with my disc, you could also simply say 'no' instead of 'yes' at the NTFS4DOS prompt and it would do the same thing as disconnecting the HDD on your PC.

You see, the NTFS4DOS application is what actually loads support for your HDD in the first place, so if you say 'no' instead of 'yes' it will simply not load support for your HDD and would do essentially the same thing as disconnecting your HDD. smile.gif

wlintek

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

hi, Frosty i tied yout disc to flash a liteon that already has 1.5 on it. I finally get it done, thanks for your work.

but I have a few questions:
although i've got it working but i did fail a few times when flashing it. it freezed at flashing bank 0. waht could be wrong?

noticed a change betwee this version disc and your 1.5, it asks to wait for 5 seconds after switching off the drive when flashing but your 1.5 dsic does not ask for that. I never experience freezing issue with your 1.5 disc. is the 5 seconds wait very important in this version ?

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

Ugh. The disc just messed up my drive or something.

For some reason, it froze my PC after erasing the drive. I could not press any key to continue. Had to reboot. Theres no 'Restart the process using an already extracted orig.bin'.

Had to find the commands to manually flash the ixtreme.bin... found 12 write errors.
Booted up my 360, wouldn't read a backup, would play a movie though.

Tried to reflash orig.bin, found 57 write errors. Didn't bother testing. Reflashed the ixtreme.bin found 707 write errors.

Still doesn't read backups.

I can't even seem to copy the orig.bin and ixtreme.bins, because Win7 created a 200MB partition for system use... NTFS4DOS decided to make that C. Whenever I tried to copy files from C: to another drive it would freeze up my system.  

I should have my very first stock orig.bin somewhere on a drive. But can anyone help me w/ those write errors occuring?

This post has been edited by ydgmms: Mar 9 2009, 03:23 AM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(wlintek @ Mar 8 2009, 08:44 PM) View Post

hi, Frosty i tied yout disc to flash a liteon that already has 1.5 on it. I finally get it done, thanks for your work.

but I have a few questions:
although i've got it working but i did fail a few times when flashing it. it freezed at flashing bank 0. waht could be wrong?

noticed a change betwee this version disc and your 1.5, it asks to wait for 5 seconds after switching off the drive when flashing but your 1.5 dsic does not ask for that. I never experience freezing issue with your 1.5 disc. is the 5 seconds wait very important in this version ?

No, not really, just some added detail in the menu to make up for weird timing on some PCs.

The 5 seconds that was added in the BenQ & Lite-On sections is just there for better timing, but is not necessary on most PCs.

Also, as far as the freezing goes, MS-DOS has been known to freeze up at weird times on some newer motherboards, this may be the issue in your case. The older your motherboard the better with my disc.

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Mar 8 2009, 08:58 PM) View Post

Ugh. The disc just messed up my drive or something.

For some reason, it froze my PC after erasing the drive. I could not press any key to continue. Had to reboot. Theres no 'Restart the process using an already extracted orig.bin'.

Had to find the commands to manually flash the ixtreme.bin... found 12 write errors.
Booted up my 360, wouldn't read a backup, would play a movie though.

Tried to reflash orig.bin, found 57 write errors. Didn't bother testing. Reflashed the ixtreme.bin found 707 write errors.

Still doesn't read backups.
I can't even seem to copy the orig.bin and ixtreme.bins, because Win7 created a 200MB partition for system use... NTFS4DOS decided to make that C. Whenever I tried to copy files from C: to another drive it would freeze up my system.  

I should have my very first stock orig.bin somewhere on a drive. But can anyone help me w/ those write errors occuring?

My disc has not been tested using Windows 7 partitions, which is why they are not listed as being supported on my disc.

Try using a Linux Live CD to retrieve your ORIG.BIN and IXTREME.BIN files off that partition.

Also, it's probably getting write errors on your drive because you are using a BenQ or Lite-On drive, which needs to be erased first before you flash it manually.

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

I was able to retrieve the bins.
It is a BenQ.
Mobo is about a year old. Gigabyte 780G-based.
VIA card is the standard Syba from newegg one.

I know at least one time I did do an erase before flashing. The problem is, after I erase, I lose control. I have to reboot. Then I flashed. And still get write errors. Also, your disc froze after it erased. So I just rebooted. I'm assuming this means the drive is still erased? biggrin.gif. Then just flashed and got only 12 errors, but didn't work.

Shoulda used iPrep sad.gif (if its still around ?)

I did manage to read the firmware on the drive at one point, and when I was able to retrieve all the BINs, I examined it and it had a COMPLETELY different drive key than ORIG.BIN and IXTREME.BIN.

But I'm done messing with it tonight. Ugh..if only it wasn't such a major update. I was fine w/ 1.4 (I make all my own backups from originals).

btw: concerning timing. I just wait til the status stops flashing from 0xD1/0x51. I notice the Xbox360 stays on for about 10s after pressing hte power button. but when Status stops flashing, thats when it seems to be totally off. Then I turn it back on, and it does whatever its needing to do (Read/Erase/Write).

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Mar 8 2009, 09:43 PM) View Post

I notice the Xbox360 stays on for about 10s after pressing hte power button.

There's the whole problem right there, you are using your 360 as a power source for the drive.

As said many times before, I do not recommend using your 360 as a power source for your drive when using my disc.

MS-DOS is all about timing. My disc is built to have things happen at certain times, which the 360 fouls up when being used as the power source. Please use either a XENO Connectivity Kit, an Xecuter Connectivity Kit, a CK3, or a homebuilt power connector, please avoid using your 360 as a power source for the drive.

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »

Oh well... Should definately have used iPrep then (never had a problem using a 360 as a power source)

Thanks anyway. Hopefully I can recover...

This post has been edited by ydgmms: Mar 9 2009, 04:17 AM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

Update!

It seems that the freezing issues many users are experiencing is related to the NTFS4DOS application, which controls NTFS support on my disc.

I am currently testing another freeware DOS/NTFS solution, expect an updated version of my disc within 24 hours that should solve any freezing issues.  happy.gif

GamerAsh

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »

Hey. I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me with my situation. Thanks in advance.

I usually go to get my xbox modded by a professional modder. I've had it done a couple of times now, and I think it's time I learn to do it myself, and save the hassle of traveling to their house.

The last time I had it modded was around 1-2 weeks ago, slightly before the new video wave came out in these games. I got it modded to 1.5. I believe my drive is a lite-on (Arcade system bought brand-new around Christmas time last year). Anyway, I saw him do some soldering and what-not, and flash it to 1.5.

What do I need to do to upgrade my 360 to 1.51. Is it easy enough to "upgrade" or will I need to solder things. I don't have any clue as to what this "key" business is too. But I assume that's been done since my modder flashed my xbox to 1.5?

I really want to start doing this for myself, and I would take on board any help I can get.

Thank you.  smile.gif

Nismo

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »

Anyone able to answer this...

QUOTE(Nismo @ Mar 8 2009, 04:54 PM) View Post

I know it mentions spoofing in the readme, but does this disc work (for example) with a Samsung MS28 which has been spoofed as a Liteon?

Thanks smile.gif

princeton_E5

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 03:12:00 AM »

hi frosty, thanks for the promt and helpful reply, really appreciate ur kindness, just want to ask another thing, am i able to use like jungle flasher to extract my already flashed ix 1.5 for the dvd key and use it with this noob friendly disc u made for? thanks..

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 03:26:00 AM »

hi frosty after a straight forward benq flash yesterday which went well the next xbox I wish to attempt is a benq spoofed as a hitachi do I just flash following the benq method as normal ?
or will the spoofed drive not work with your boot disc ?

thanks in advance great mod disc !  smile.gif

LiarInGlass

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »

Any chance of quick confirmation if this works with ICH9 chipset?

I'd like to try this out and just experiment with it but no sense in trying if ICH9 isn't compatible.

Thanks guys.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11