xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.51  (Read 1311 times)

bhazard

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.51
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

disc freezes after reading the firmware file from my benq drive.

used jungleflasher and everything worked as it should.

sunnyzhi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

thank you for this

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 05:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Mar 7 2009, 09:08 PM) View Post

there's no guarantee that you are xbox live safe...everytime you mod something you take the risk and should know the risk beforehand....

but generally speaking you wont get banned as long as your game stealth and kreon drive does pretty solid job. I had mine online for like forever(my system still works after like 3 years..never had a problem with it...)

anyway thanks to all for the hardwork. we really appropriate it. one thing left is taking care of the region lock problem. I almost bought a jap xbox 360 just to play raiden games lol.. ph34r.gif

cdcd_x

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 05:51:00 AM »

so this will work on my already modded console without any backup files?(keys..etc)

7urrican

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

cool - looks interesting! just bought a new 360 with lite-on and reading up on modding it now. CK3 is in the post, and i will give this a blast when it arrives. thanks!

blackg1000

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »

Hi,

I was going to use the previous version of this disc but I use Jungleflasher and DOSFLASH to normally mod drives but the reason I was a bit unsure about this disc is that I use a USB cable with the CK3 Pro. From what I read in the previous version, it can only be used with a Serial cable and not USB. Is this still the case? I'm really keen on using this disc, which seems perfectly straight forward to use, especially for re-modding drives but do I need to use a serial cable instead of USB?

I use a VIA 6421 card and have a CK3 Pro with probe kit.

Thanks,

Nismo

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

I used this today to update my Benq, absolutely no problem at all and literally only took minutes.

I know it mentions spoofing in the readme, but does this disc work (for example) with a Samsung MS28 which has been spoofed as a Liteon?

This post has been edited by Nismo: Mar 8 2009, 04:11 PM

blueblazer22x

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

I currently have a Lite-On flashed with Ixtreme 1.5.  Can I use this disc to upgrade to 1.51 without using a CK3?

This post has been edited by blueblazer22x: Mar 8 2009, 08:52 PM

cwhistler

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(bhazard @ Mar 8 2009, 08:21 AM) View Post

disc freezes after reading the firmware file from my benq drive.

used jungleflasher and everything worked as it should.

dont know if this helps or applies to you but my disc was freezing when flashing my sam ms25 after reading the firmware (at the please reboot, press any key bit). then i reburnt it onto a dvd instead of cd and it worked first time. dont know why or if its just a coincidence, but i didnt change or do anything different apart from that

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »

i am having the same problem. it reads/dumps the fw just fine. then it says Please Reboot your PC. Press any key to continue.
and thats it.. nothing else. when i press a key, nothing happens. i had this burnt to a cd-r, then i tried it on a dvd-r. same result both times.
am i doing something wrong? how can i get it to Flash?

edit..  i also noticed that the dumped firmware, called ORIG.bin, is only 60kb in size. should be 256kb, right? i did a few dumps to verify, each was 60kb...

This post has been edited by hyfall381: Mar 8 2009, 09:42 PM

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(logicwatch @ Mar 8 2009, 02:11 PM) *

was going to  try out later today but the above comment worries me!

has anyone successfully used yet and flashed a benq ok ??
ps. is it available on xbins only ? as its not running to well due to overloading at the moment !
is this available elsewhere please ?

thanks in  advance

many thanks frosty the snowman if  had any doubts I need not have worried the easiest reflash ever 1.41 on my benq to 1.51 in minutes the most time consuming fact is taking the xbox apart the flash was very easy just follow the instructions to the letter and BINGO thanks once again FROSTY  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

blackg1000

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Mar 8 2009, 10:09 PM) View Post

i am having the same problem. it reads/dumps the fw just fine. then it says Please Reboot your PC. Press any key to continue.
and thats it.. nothing else. when i press a key, nothing happens. i had this burnt to a cd-r, then i tried it on a dvd-r. same result both times.
am i doing something wrong? how can i get it to Flash?

edit..  i also noticed that the dumped firmware, called ORIG.bin, is only 60kb in size. should be 256kb, right? i did a few dumps to verify, each was 60kb...

I'm having a very similar problem but mine freezes after reading the banks and it says reading finished but then it freezes. It doesn't even come up with the reboot pc option. I did reboot the machine and I redone the process but it froze again at the same place.

Any ideas on this?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Glad to hear my disc has worked well for so many people!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

As far as the people with freezing issues after dumping, try using my disc without your PC's HDD connected, it may solve the freezing issues. (Don't worry, my disc works just fine without an HDD, it just won't backup your firmware for later use)

This release makes my disc compatible with ALL PC SATA & IDE DVD-ROM drives, but my disc still has some known issues with certain SATA HDDs. (after dumping the firmware my disc immediately copies the dumped firmware over to your HDD, which can cause freezing with some SATA HDDs.)

Once again, if you are having freezing issues, try using my disc without your PC HDD attached, you should be fine. Although, if you have a spare IDE HDD laying around that you can use instead of your SATA HDD, that would be highly recommended instead of simply disconnecting your SATA HDD.

NOTE: Using an IDE HDD is a much better idea though, as using my disc without an HDD does introduce the possibility of bricks. I'm not saying your drive WILL brick, only that it is a possibility without an HDD.

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Mar 8 2009, 11:22 PM

princeton_E5

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

em, i have a question, its the 1st time i am thinking of using this programe, i got a few question to ask, hope you guys can help me out.

i dun have a via VT6421 PCI SATA card, can i use my on board sata? its "NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition Serial ATA controller" just wondering is this ok to work with this? and i am using a lite-on with IX 1.5, but i dun have a ck3 or any tool for key extraction as i had someone done it for me, does this software do upgrades by auto detecting the dvd key via sata? sorry to ask so much, just wanted to comfirm before taking up risk hope fellow seniors and bro here can give me a hand, thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

trident666

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

Hello Frosty
nice tool, really appreciate the work, got a quick question
the unlock procedure of the drive is handled too ? depending the firmware and the drive you have, it can be pretty different to get it in vendor mode .. Thx for the answer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11