xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.5  (Read 2352 times)

PrTv

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.5
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Feb 1 2009, 04:16 AM) *

Samsung seems to be the only drive that really cares about using the VT6421 card, but BenQ has also been known to be picky. You can try using another chipset, but you would be doing so at your own risk.

The VIA VT6421 PCI SATA card does work 100% with all drives using this disc though, and you can usually get one for less than $10. I would recommend picking one up if you don't already have one.

How about Lite-On ?

I'm using a Mobo with VIA VT8237S chipset. Have you had any experience with this one? I don't know if it'll work perfectly with the Lite-On.

In case they don't go along nicely, could you tell me what will happen?
Will my system freeze or reboot midway or something, rendering the drive unusable?

In such case, is there any way to fix the problem?

I asked as I cannot find the said SATA card in my country, so using on-board SATA controller is my only option.

FYI, I have 3 comps right now with the following chipsets:
- VIA VT8237S
- VIA VT8237R
- ATI SB600

In your opinion, which one is the best for this task?

Thanks for your reply.

kyllaz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »

Hi there,

I´ve a Liteon drive and i´m going to mod it.
Just a few questions before doing it:

1- With this .iso do i still need the ck probe and the connectivity kit?

2- If so, can i use the lite connectivity kit? the one via serial cable.

3-This .iso, when starts does it says when to connect all the things, when to open the tray, when to reboot the CK, etc?  

4- In the PC we only have one hard disk formated in ntfs and boot from the cd?

Thanks for everything, and keep up on doing this wonderfull work!!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by kyllaz: Feb 1 2009, 05:06 AM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »

Okay, I will try to cover all the recent questions:

@rigger66 -  Yes, the key.bin, inquiry.bin, identify.bin, and the final ixtreme.bin files for the Lite-On drives are all backed up to the folder of your choice on the 'C' drive of your PC during the modification process, so you could easily check the dump information in that folder.

@PrTv - The Lite-On drives are fairly compatible with different SATA chipsets, it might work fine on your onboard VIA chipset. (VIA chipsets are really compatible, so it might work just fine) If it didn't work though, it would most likely fail when flashing the drive. Just MAKE SURE that the dumping process of the key.bin/inquiry.bin/identify.bin files goes smoothly and is successful before continuing with a different chipset. But as I have said before, using any other chipset is at your own risk.

@Jah Taz - Yes, you will still need to bridge the R707 resisitor if you are using a CK3 lite. The normal CK3 will not work AFAIK because it is USB based. Only serial based dumping cables will work properly with this disc, you can find a diagram for a simple serial cable you can build to do the job located on the disc. (you can build this cable for about $5 in parts)

@kyllaz - The disc's menus will walk you through each step of the entire modification process. You will still need a serial cable though, I would recommend using the CK3 lite (because it is serial based, my disc is not compatible with USB versions) and the probe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Feb 1 2009, 05:36 AM

jbluford

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

I have a quick question.

I currently have the via vt6421 pci to sata card.

Is it possible to flash a lite on drive (or any of the others for that matter) with this disc using the maximus 360 xtractor and spear?

If not, what else would I need to be able to flash the drives with this disc?

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

feels sorry for frosty, I've just read this whole topic from page one and read all the comments.....I've seen every question answered by someone else.....so to all you people that are asking the same questions start at page 1 and read till the end u will find your answer before you have to make your post....

on a side note, props to frosty, I've only used one other tool u made and that was the xbox rescue disc it's saved my ass on more than one occasion.

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

Just OOI

1) Why NTFS? Do you need permissions, giant files, tiny file inlining or something?
2) How NTFS? DOS totally doesn't do NTFS out of the box; it only supports FAT.
3) Why a disk? Why not a USB key so's it doesn't need a hard disk at all? BIOS issues, I suppose, but then you're depending on the BIOS to get DOS booted off a CD as well.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(MrFish @ Feb 1 2009, 01:30 AM) *

Just OOI

1) Why NTFS? Do you need permissions, giant files, tiny file inlining or something?
2) How NTFS? DOS totally doesn't do NTFS out of the box; it only supports FAT.
3) Why a disk? Why not a USB key so's it doesn't need a hard disk at all? BIOS issues, I suppose, but then you're depending on the BIOS to get DOS booted off a CD as well.

1. Everyone uses NTFS (Windows 2000/XP/Vista), unless you are using Windows 98, Millenium (god forbid), or Linux. File accessing and permissions are less important, NTFS just seemed to be the logical choice for compatibility. Although, this disc does still support FAT & FAT32 filesystems too.

2. NTFS4DOS, a resident memory driver that allows read/write access to NTFS partitions within DOS.

3. CD-Rs are easily burnable, most newbies are not knowledgeable on the creation of bootable flash drives. Also, if your BIOS doesn't allow DOS booting off a CD-R, your machine is probably not capable of modding anyway.

This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: Feb 1 2009, 08:50 AM

eddy56

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »

next thing to come out is an disc what u just but in the drive of your xbox 360 and there u go it done

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jan 31 2009, 10:32 PM) View Post

No one Seems to Have asked this question ,So I will  biggrin.gif  as I think it is very important.

Say I was to use this disk in conjunction with a liteon , Shoul I be worried about the liteon serial info ?
Will this copy all the relevant info from the liteon especially the CORRECT SERIAL INFO .

It uses firmtool and dosflash, so yes, it does copy all of the relevant serial information.  This disc is simply another Xtreme Boot Maker/Iprep/Exobex batch files, etc... to allow for ease of flashing.  The applications doing all of the work are the same.

Caster.

cwhistler

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 05:30:00 AM »

Frosty awsome job!! thank you very much ive been waiting for someone to release somthing like this. just 1 question though you say you recomend using  the ck3 lite because of the serial connection but i have a ck3 pro and i thought this also had a serial connection aswell as usb, is this ok to use or will the serial connection not work with the pro??

durtbox

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »

Can anyone tell me the file size of the release?

cwhistler

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »

2.77MB iso

venom21

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 06:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(cwhistler @ Feb 1 2009, 02:06 PM) View Post

Frosty awsome job!! thank you very much ive been waiting for someone to release somthing like this. just 1 question though you say you recomend using  the ck3 lite because of the serial connection but i have a ck3 pro and i thought this also had a serial connection aswell as usb, is this ok to use or will the serial connection not work with the pro??

i would also like to know this please, seeing that i also have the ck3 pro

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 06:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(jelle250386 @ Feb 1 2009, 01:58 PM) View Post

you'll never know what this guy coded on to this disc, perhaps he rushed this release coz he's so anxious to become like C4E or something crazy like that, and now it won't work properly perhaps?

stick to dosflash, or iprep for that matter.

well pardon my french but you come across like a total "asshole" ,correct me if im wrong but isnt iprep of the same ilk as frostys app?  if you dont wanna use it , then dont , just dont come in here slagging off someone who has been a part of the scene since probably b4 you were born  laugh.gif  

thanks for the tool frosty , cant wait to try it out biggrin.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(jelle250386 @ Feb 1 2009, 11:58 AM) View Post

and this disc has been beta-ed by loads of people? is this bulletproof? or will it have bugs? how long has it been tested before public release?

because i am not trusting all these automated dump/flash tools, as they usually suck, and you're better off to using the usual tools manually.

you'll never know what this guy coded on to this disc, perhaps he rushed this release coz he's so anxious to become like C4E or something crazy like that, and now it won't work properly perhaps?

stick to dosflash, or iprep for that matter.

Use your own methods then. Before you start slagging someone off check on what they have done previously. the guy does not have to prove anything to you.

QUOTE(dardenick @ Jan 31 2009, 09:51 PM) View Post

where can  I download the ISO ?

Nobody is giving that info here. use your powers of deduction.
Anyone else asking for the ISO will have their post removed. Don't fill up Frosty's Pm box either. If he reports people hounding him then those people will also be in trouble.

This should work fine. Frosty did a rescue disc for the old Xbox which was great.
Thanks Frosty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17