xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.5  (Read 2350 times)

montrealdude

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.5
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »

Sounds a bit similar to SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer... mmm.. just like the good ol' days! biggrin.gif

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

looking forward to trying this out. thanks!!!

Klutsh

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

Nice job, just make sure your system RAM is good, it uses a RAM disk to dump the files to first.

A good idea would be to load the Firmware from HDD, instead of having to write a new CD every time a release comes out.

This post has been edited by Klutsh: Jan 31 2009, 11:52 PM

matt77303

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(montrealdude @ Feb 1 2009, 12:46 AM) View Post

Sounds a bit similar to SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer... mmm.. just like the good ol' days! biggrin.gif

WTF?

stewii griffin

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(montrealdude @ Jan 31 2009, 04:46 PM) *

Sounds a bit similar to SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer... mmm.. just like the good ol' days! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Good times with Evo! I might have to get out the good old xbox and play it just to reminisce. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Can you put boot this on a flash drive and still have it write to the c drive??

MAtt. How do you have an original xbox and not know what Slayer's auto installer is?

This post has been edited by stewii griffin: Feb 1 2009, 02:10 AM

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Klutsh @ Jan 31 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post
Nice job, just make sure your system RAM is good, it uses a RAM disk to dump the files to first.

Just to clarify, the Lite-On modification process on my disc uses a RAMDISK, but the Samsung/BenQ modification process does not.

Although the good ram comment still applies. happy.gif

P.S. The Lite-On firmware files are only stored on the RAMDISK for a moment, after the dump they are immediately transferred to the specified folder on the HDD.

QUOTE(Klutsh @ Jan 31 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post
A good idea would be to load the Firmware from HDD, instead of having to write a new CD every time a release comes out.

Yes, that would be a cool feature, but the general idea of this disc is that it requires no user action before use. If the user had to place the iXtreme firmwares in specific folders for each drive before each use of the disc, it would defeat the convenience this disc is really meant for. Also, what if the user placed the incorrect firmwares in the incorrect folders and then flashed the drive? We would have users flashing Lite-On drives with BenQ firmware or Samsung firmware or vice-versa, which would be very, very bad...

It would leave too much room for human error... the way the disc is currently programmed makes it 'newbie-friendly'. happy.gif

QUOTE(stewii griffin @ Jan 31 2009, 07:08 PM) View Post

Good times with Evo! I might have to get out the good old xbox and play it just to reminisce. smile.gif Can you put boot this on a flash drive and still have it write to the c drive??

Theoretically yes, that would work fine.

dardenick

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »

ok, sounds good for me, but where is the disc???? or Iso???, where can find it ???

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(dardenick @ Jan 31 2009, 08:17 PM) View Post

ok, sounds good for me, but where is the disc???? or Iso???, where can find it ???

Xbins probably.

rigger66

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jan 31 2009, 10:09 PM) View Post

It's more than just a collection of tools.

It's a collection of all the tools necessary to mod all three drives, scripted in a way that makes the whole process automated and requires no disc/firmware preparation by the user.

Basically, it's a bootable auto-modding disc. No DOS knowledge necessary, and it even walks you through the detailed hardware steps to perform the modifications.

The 'easy' way to mod Samsung, BenQ, and Lite-On drives, just boot the disc, and follow the instructions. happy.gif

No one Seems to Have asked this question ,So I will  biggrin.gif  as I think it is very important.

Say I was to use this disk in conjunction with a liteon , Shoul I be worried about the liteon serial info ?
Will this copy all the relevant info from the liteon especially the CORRECT SERIAL INFO .

Thank you for your time and this application .

Regards

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

This disc *might* work with other types of SATA chipsets/cards, but it is recommended that you use a VIA VT6421 SATA card.

I'd really like to try it out, but I don't have a VIA card. Is there a more specific way to determine compatibility with other cards? *might* work doesn't sound comforting.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »

Easier is gooder. Great job Frosty.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(rigger66 @ Jan 31 2009, 08:32 PM) View Post

No one Seems to Have asked this question ,So I will  biggrin.gif  as I think it is very important.

Say I was to use this disk in conjunction with a liteon , Shoul I be worried about the liteon serial info ?
Will this copy all the relevant info from the liteon especially the CORRECT SERIAL INFO .

Thank you for your time and this application .
Regards

Well, I have personally modded over 30 Lite-On drives using my modification disc, and they have all worked perfectly.

This disc uses the newest version of DosFlash to dump the key/serial/identify/inquiry information. AFAIK the newest version of DosFlash does dump this information correctly.

All three drive types have been extensively tested using this disc to ensure correct operation. happy.gif

QUOTE(Digital_sin @ Jan 31 2009, 09:04 PM) View Post

I'd really like to try it out, but I don't have a VIA card. Is there a more specific way to determine compatibility with other cards? *might* work doesn't sound comforting.

I have tested my disc with my nForce3 chipset and also my ICH8 chipset and I have had mixed results.

Samsung seems to be the only drive that really cares about using the VT6421 card, but BenQ has also been known to be picky. You can try using another chipset, but you would be doing so at your own risk.

The VIA VT6421 PCI SATA card does work 100% with all drives using this disc though, and you can usually get one for less than $10. I would recommend picking one up if you don't already have one.

Even if you only need to mod your personal drive once, you would only be investing $10 to do so, which is totally worth the price to do it correctly. happy.gif

rigger66

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Feb 1 2009, 03:16 AM) *

Well, I have personally modded over 30 Lite-On drives using my modification disc, and they have all worked perfectly.
This disc uses the newest version of DosFlash to dump the key/serial/identify/inquiry information. AFAIK the newest version of DosFlash does dump this information correctly.

Thank you for your swift reply Sir.

Once we flash the liteon with this disk (looks like a great job m8 ty) would we be able to look at the saved logs on the drive , to confirm correct serial data has been extracted ? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question after you have stated you used the lastest Dos flash, but I do get Paranoid tendancies.    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Thank you again .

Best Regards.

This post has been edited by rigger66: Feb 1 2009, 04:28 AM

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

Wow!, this is great and I want/ really need one now as my Lite-On's Serial Info has gotten scrambled somehow. I wonder if this disc would fix it though.....hope so! Thanks alot Frosty and I like to give a shout out to all the Parachute Riggers from Ft. Bragg, NC and Ft. Benning, GA....AIRBORNE all the way!

Jah Taz

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

'FrostyTheSnowman'

noob here....
question, for the lite-on drives do I still need to bridge r707 and use the ck3 (i have the ck3 lite) to use this disc uhh.gif  and for the samsung do i still need iprep  uhh.gif  thanks in advanced....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17