xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tversity On Xbox 360 With Shared Connection?  (Read 30 times)

retardbud

• Archived User
Tversity On Xbox 360 With Shared Connection?
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

I'm a bit stuck with my 360 because right now, I don't want to fork over nearly $100 to M$ for wireless, but I also want to be able to stream content from my pc to my 360 (too far for ethernet.) So this is what I have been doing for the past couple of months, I have shared my connection through my laptop to my 360, and when I share files through wmp11, it works perfectly with supported media, but when I want to watch hd (usual format - mkv), I always have to convert the file to mp4 (significantly shorter then wmv, but no 5.1, and still takes over 40min) and for movies that are 5gb+ it can be hell. I was wondering if there is any way I can set up a tversity server through either my laptop or computer and make it show up on my 360 through a shared connection. When I go to connect my 360 to the small tv (which is close enough to the router) the tversity server shows up and functions normally, but when I share the connection with my laptop, only the wmp11 connection shows up. Help is much appreciated

Thank You

P.S. From what I understand wireless gaming adapters would show up as wired on the 360 network test and would not see any media sharing servers at all.