xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: External Hdd  (Read 57 times)

zizu33

• Archived User
External Hdd
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »

Hi! This is my first post on this forum and I have a noob question.

There is a way to transfer files from my Pc via network on my external Hdd 500Gb connected with xbox 360 on usb?
I'm too tired to take it all the time back to Pc. I use this solution to watch Divx movie 'cause my streaming is to slow and is stuck many times. Thanks!

Martinchris23

• Archived User
External Hdd
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

I'm confused as to what you're asking!

If you simply want to ask if you can watch divx movies from a USB HDD connected directly to the 360, the answer is yes.

If you mean something else, you may want to word it differently!

Martinchris23

• Archived User
External Hdd
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

That's much clearer now!

Leaving the HDD connected to the 360 will only let your 360 communicate to it. Nothing else can see it as the 360 cannot share it. It also can only read the information.

You would be better to leave the HDD connected to the PC and share it from there, which is what I do. TVersity works very well with external devices, as WMP11 tends to lose the connection.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
External Hdd
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »

As long as you have the 2007 Fall update and can play divx files, TVersity will play movies back at exactly the same quality - it doesn't need to recode them. This also counts for WMV-HD files, both of which stream flawlessly from my wireless laptop to my 360.

As for running Linux, I don't think it would anywhere as well under these conditions.