xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: XBOX360 HD-DVDRom UDF Reader v2.5 Windows XP BluePrint  (Read 757 times)

Anubis-MG

• Archived User
XBOX360 HD-DVDRom UDF Reader v2.5 Windows XP BluePrint
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

What the hell are you all talking about??
I have the new xbox360 HD-DVD player hooked up to my pc and it plays HD-DVD's fine.
I also have the driver files need as shown in the news on the front page of this site for who ever wants it.
Here is the download link.

http://www.uploading.com/files/ZU326SNR/XB...ePrint.rar.html

You need a beefy pc though if thats what you guys want it for is only playback.
I have not even tried ripping a disc yet maybe later today I will give it a shot.
Works on both the newest version of nero Showtime,and Power DVD 7 and beta 8.
My pc specs..

E6700
Asus P5B-DX Wifi
G.Skill x2 1GB pc800 6400
Evga 7950GT 512MB W/HDCP
Lite-On x18 DL +/-DVD RW W/Light Scribe

Apache14

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

Cool i thought it would be able to playback on the PC. Now i cant wait to get mine  smile.gif

S8N

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Anubis-MG @ Nov 12 2006, 12:04 PM) *

Works on both the newest version of nero Showtime,and Power DVD 7 and beta 8.

I only have PowerDVD 7.0 installed and it replied it was an unsupported disc format.
Maybe you have a later build of PowerDVD.

Apache14

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

I thought that power DVD 7.0 Deluxe had the HD-DVD support not the standerd addition. Also it should say high definition when you load up power dvd.

This post has been edited by Apache14: Nov 12 2006, 07:55 PM

agentbb007

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(quantum29 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:52 AM) *

The codec to play the file will not be a problem it is just an MPEG2 or MPEG4 stream.

Actually all HD DVD's that have been released so far have been compressed with the VC1 codec.  But the  HD DVD standard does support studios using MPEG-2 AND MPEG-4 if they choose to use old compression techniques.  But for now all the studios have selected VC1 as their codec of choice for HD DVD's.

Landlocked

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrdan @ Nov 11 2006, 11:32 PM) *

It's extremely likely that this will only allow viewing of the file structure. MSFT included no sort of decoder on the drive's hardware (your computer doesn't have one either) and Major Nelson commented that it took 4.7 million lines of code to get the drive to play.

Check here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/200...rgence-day.aspx

"All 6 of Xbox 360's hardware threads are hard at work while playing back an HD DVD.  At the moment, the player software pushes Xbox 360 harder than any other (save, perhaps, Gears of War during some particularly busy parts of the game)."

This makes it extremely doubtful that you will be able to play HD DVD movies from this drive.

...and it took DVD Jon about 12 lines of code to make DVD's play from your hard drive too...

mrdan

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Landlocked @ Nov 12 2006, 01:45 PM) *

...and it took DVD Jon about 12 lines of code to make DVD's play from your hard drive too...

Correction: that's what it took to remove the copy protection.

Making the thing play is a whole different story. Apparently some people are saying it does play, which is not impossible, but I wasn't aware that there were any software decoders out for Windows. Also, it was my hypothesis that since the 360 used much of it's processing power (according to Major Nelson's post) in order to play the disc, that it wouldn't be possible for awhile since our computers currently aren't as powerful as the 360.

Apache14

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

PC are plenty powwerfull enough to playback hd-dvd look here
Also there are a few decoders which probably can decode the HD-DVD's

Anubis-MG

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

Yep Apache14 I think your right its power dvd 7 deluxe or something like that,that I am currently using.

It says High Definition in big bold red letters when you first start the program up.

I was also using/playing around with power dvd beta 8 but its all in chinese or some other asian script but

you can navigate loading a DVD or HD-DVD by the typical shape icons like sqare,triangle,arrows,ect..

So I reinstalled the Power DVD 7 Deluxe and will remain using this untill something better comes and runs in

English.

Dont quote me on this either but I think windows media player 11 not the beta but the full version also plays

HD-DVDs using Nvidia's Pure-HD drivers and codec.

If you guys cant get your HD-DVD's to play on your pc remember you need a HDCP Video card.

I also cannot claim that I have tried every HD-DVD out there either as I only own 4 as of now.

KingKong,Ray,Constintine,and Polar Express which of the 4 all play great on my pc using the 360's HD-DVD

add on drive.

agentbb007

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Anubis-MG @ Nov 12 2006, 09:07 PM) *

If you guys cant get your HD-DVD's to play on your pc remember you need a HDCP Video card.

You don't need any HDCP shit right now the movie studios haven't turned that on any HD DVD's they've released yet.
To quote wiki "Movie studios are apparently in agreement to not include the ICT flag on any HD DVDs or Blu-ray Discs in the immediate future."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

Ytterbium

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

Vista supports UDF 2.5 inbox.

You can download the VC1 encoder from MS, surely you must be able to decode with this installed?

agentbb007

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Anubis-MG @ Nov 12 2006, 01:07 PM) *

I found another wiki article on the ICT. Seems Hollywood has agreed not to turn on the ICT until 2012, thank god because I have a 42" plasma and 24" lcd that don't support HDCP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_Constraint_Token

bhazard

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

What are the file extensions that run the video?  I can see the files, but I cant get it to work in showtime or powerdvd 7 deluxe

generalnewbie

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(quantum29 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:52 AM) *

The codec to play the file will not be a problem it is just an MPEG2 or MPEG4 stream.
The problem is that it is encrypted was above the level that DVD's are encrypted. It will be a long time before this encryption is broken

AACS..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Access_Content_System

i think that.. DVD Jon has already made a remark about how he would work on cracking it. Time will tell. As for the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive i would love to see some pics of the people claiming they have got video playback with there PC from the addon, and i wouldnt be reading hot air.

Steveplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 12:58:00 AM »

let's see some screenshots of it playing........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4