xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Xbox Backup Creator v2.3  (Read 2911 times)

birdwig

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

This wouldn't let me edit my post above, so here is what I found and wanted to add.

*EDIT: I've come up with some more info on the error.
When windows reboots it says 'click here to view the info about the error' so I do and this is what I get:

Error Signature
BCCode:9c BCP1:00000004  BCP2:805460F0  BCP3:B2000000  BCP4:00070F0F  OSver: 5_1_2600  SP:2_0  Product:256_1

Not sure if that helps anyone.

BTW everytime I try to burn a backup on this pc it causes a coaster, so my experimenting I'm doing isn't cheap lol. I've been using STPI and that causes the BSOD. I tried ASPI once and I simply just get an error in XB Backup Creator.

Both still create a coaster. However using ASPI doesn't cause the BSOD. Weird.

Hope some of that info helps. I probably won't try another backup on this PC until I can figure something out, these DL discs are too expensive.

Thanks guys.

Dustin

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »

birdwig - that is weird, I havn't heard of any bsod before.  Im not sure what the error means? What was the ASPI error?

birdwig

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

Found ODD: BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCDB at [0:0]
Getting media info [0:0]
   Media Type: Not Present
   Disk Book Type: DVD+R DL
   Media Type: DVD+R DL (Blank, Manufactured by MKM)
   Bytes Available: 7.96 GB (8,547,991,552 bytes)
Starting write process...
   Mode Parameter = Xbox 360
Checking Stealth Compatibility
   Video is valid
   PFI is present
   DMI is present
   SS is present
Stealth Check Passed!
   Data Sizes:
      Total:     7.05 GB (7,572,881,408 bytes)
   Creating Buffer: 20.0 MB
   Prefilling buffer
   Buffer Filled: 100% 20.0 MB (20,971,520 bytes)
   Initializing Writer [0:0]
   Disk Book Type: DVD+R DL
   Media capacity 7.96 GB (8,547,991,552 bytes)
   Image size 7.05 GB (7,572,881,408 bytes)
   Setting Write Speed to: 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
   Write Speed set to: 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
   Setting layer 0 capacity at: 1913760 sectors
   Reserving Track; Sectors: 3697695
Action: Reserve Track
Sense Error: 5 / 26 / 00
INVALID FIELD IN PARAMETER LIST
CDB: RESERVE TRACK
0x53 00 00 00 00 00 38 6C 1F 00
   Media Type: Not Present
   Write failed

I believe that is the part of the log when I used ASPI. I could try it again of course, and copy down the error, but I'm not so sure I want to waste another DL disc. Maybe I will though if you want.

I really don't get it. Is there like an optical drive tester or some type of utility to test every single function it is supposed to do? I wish I could get the BSOD error message written down, maybe that would help.

Anyway, I found the ASPI file from the NERO website and copied it to system32 folder, and oddly enough, there wasn't a file already there, should there have been? In other words, it didn't ask me to overwrite the existing file.

I guess for now I'll stick to burning upstairs until maybe someone has a suggestion. Maybe if I get time this weekend I will swap the optical drive upstairs with the one downstairs and see if each sticks to what they've been doing thus far.

Dustin

*EDIT: Hey BTW Redline you joined on my birthday lol. Weird.

*EDIT: Another thing, I've got alcohol installed, no virtual drive though.

Also, should my booktype be set to DVD-ROM or DVD+R DL? I've got it set at DVD+R DL.

This post has been edited by birdwig: Oct 20 2006, 10:54 PM

birdwig

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

lol. As if I can add any more additions. It wouldn't let me edit my post, does it only allow an edit once or twice? Or maybe a certain amount of time? Oh well. I just noticed something. My burner upstairs here has BCHB firmware (benq dw1655, the one that WORKS) and the one downstairs has the most current, BCDB(berq dw1655, the one that DOESNT WORK).

I suppose that could make a huge difference, not sure though.

This post has been edited by birdwig: Oct 20 2006, 11:09 PM

fartnugg

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

Hey guys.  I've been having a really strange problem with Xbox Backup Creator.  It rips my backups perfectly, and I have successfully burned 3 of those backups.  Unfortunately, over half the time I attempt to burn with XBC it freezes about halfway through.  It doesn't give an error or anything, just freezes.  It seems to always be at a different % too.  

Afterwards, I am unable to force quit or anything.  This program seems amazing, but I just wish I could get it working consistently.  I've defragged my HD and have nothing else running in the background, so I'm really lost as to what the problem could be.  If anybody could help me out I'd really appreciate it.  Here are my drive specs:

Reader: Samsung SH-162c with Kreon's latest firmware.
Burner: NEC ND-3550a with Liggy Dee 1.Y6.
Discs: Verbatim DVD+R DL

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone that feels like helping a brotha out.

PS. Thanks Redline for creating an awesome app.  I can't imagine how much of your free time you've devoted to this project, but it must be a lot.  I can't wait to get it working correctly on my setup.

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

book type should be set to DVD-ROM

on the options tab you can turn off "reserve track"

If you want to use the nero aspi then move the frog aspi or rename it, from the exe folder.

fartnugg

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

Wow, thanks for your really quick response.

I already have the booktype set to DVD-ROM, so I guess I'll try turning off "reserve track."  Do I have to move the Nero ASPI into XBC's dir, or do I just have to remove or rename the frog ASPI to get it to default to the Nero one?

Sorry for so many questions.. I'm not very knowledgable at all with DVD write settings.

No.1 G

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(fartnugg @ Oct 21 2006, 12:48 AM) View Post

Hey guys.  I've been having a really strange problem with Xbox Backup Creator.  It rips my backups perfectly, and I have successfully burned 3 of those backups.  Unfortunately, over half the time I attempt to burn with XBC it freezes about halfway through.  It doesn't give an error or anything, just freezes.  It seems to always be at a different % too.  

Afterwards, I am unable to force quit or anything.  This program seems amazing, but I just wish I could get it working consistently.  I've defragged my HD and have nothing else running in the background, so I'm really lost as to what the problem could be.  If anybody could help me out I'd really appreciate it.  Here are my drive specs:

PS. Thanks Redline for creating an awesome app.  I can't imagine how much of your free time you've devoted to this project, but it must be a lot.  I can't wait to get it working correctly on my setup.

I have the exact set up as this guy except for the disc and im experiencing the same problem except mine doesn't even burn the backup it just freezes when creating the layer or something. What do i do to prevent this? Insted of burning with XBC can i correctly burn the image using DVDDecrypter?

fartnugg

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

No.1 G-

Hopefully someone will figure out what is going on with our setups, but in the meantime I've found that the latest Schtrom360extract 3.0 + ImgBurn works nicely.  Just make sure you've got your booktype set to DVD-ROM and follow this tutorial to set up ImgBurn -> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=516786

Like I said, hopefully someone could shed some light on what our issue is, but in the meantime this seems to be working for me.  Xbox Backup Creator seems like an awesome application.. I'm just bummed that I can't get it working with my setup.

birdwig

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

FartNugg I think his quick reply was to my post.

Redline, I am just going to continue burning on this PC that actually works, and I may try a few experiments on my own to see if I can figure out what the deal is. I'll keep you updated.

Dustin

edlimym

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(fartnugg @ Oct 21 2006, 07:48 AM) View Post

hi there fartnugg, i coastered a few of my media using xbc 2.1 write feature.  maybe my config is not right but i still use xbc 2.1 to read my game disc.  then i use imgburn to burn them.  so far works fine.  my config - sh-d162c with kreon's 0.81, dvr-111d with tdb 1.23, verbatim dvd+r dl.  cheers!

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

The Samsung SH-162C seems to be a very touchy drive, a lot of the problems are related to the configuration of the computer.  Hopefully the new drive kreon added support for isn't so picky.

You can put the nero apsi dll in the same folder as the exe, the app can find it there.  It can also be anythere in the path, but app folder is easier to remember you are using it.

If you guys get me some more burners I would be able to add better support for them. smile.gif  I only have one burner available to me to test on.  It makes it hard to add broad support when I can't get up close and personal with the drives. So if it doesn't burn for you, use a different app like ImgBurn or CloneCD.

BerT69

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

GREAT APP!!!!.....but how would u go about making backups of xbox1 games that would work on the 360. None of my current backups will run. So Im guessing something has to be different. And also do you still have to use DL media for xbox1?

Thanks and what a great program...so far its doin perfect

edlimym

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(BerT69 @ Oct 26 2006, 09:18 AM) View Post

GREAT APP!!!!.....but how would u go about making backups of xbox1 games that would work on the 360. None of my current backups will run. So Im guessing something has to be different. And also do you still have to use DL media for xbox1?

Thanks and what a great program...so far its doin perfect

just do exactly the same as xbox360 original game disc except for those options, just select them to xbox1.  same burning media - verbatim dvd+r dl, can never go wrong.  i did forza motorsport using this xbc but ver 2.1 but use imgburn to write though.....  smile.gif

BerT69

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.3
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(edlimym @ Oct 26 2006, 05:27 AM) View Post

just do exactly the same as xbox360 original game disc except for those options, just select them to xbox1.  same burning media - verbatim dvd+r dl, can never go wrong.  i did forza motorsport using this xbc but ver 2.1 but use imgburn to write though.....  smile.gif

Are you saying I HAVE to use imagburn to write with, or can I not just use XBC. As for media, I have been using RITEK, and have not had any issues as of yet. I even rerippped the backups just to make sure it would read and have had no issues.....so far. I have learned to always burn 2x though. Im using version 2.3 build 0185
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19