xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: .ts Files With Hdtvpump Crashing 360 Media Center..help!  (Read 109 times)

boscorooty

• Archived User
.ts Files With Hdtvpump Crashing 360 Media Center..help!
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

Nobody?  No one else has this problem?  mutter....grumble...
R

boscorooty

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

Here's a little more detailed info....

I am using the Nvidia Purevideo codecs, and everything works perfectly in Windows Media Center and in Windows Media Player.

The problem is, on my Xbox360, when it's connected to MCE, whenever I open a folder that has a .ts file in it, the program dumps me to a message saying:  "Another user or application on the Media Center PC has disconnected this device."

What the heck is going on here?  What could be disconnecting my 360?  Any suggestions?  Help!

Rob

g00f

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

Mine is rock solid, runs great, just the basin install for MCE and made the necessary connnections to the 360.

Do you have the MCE desktop running on the PC, I dont have anything running on it, its just the file server to my 360 so that i can stream the TS files to the 360. I have lots of apps on it, news clients and such, but when i try and stream from it I make sure that nothing else is running. Did you do a clean install of MCE? Dont forget you NEED to have real DVD player codecs on the MCE or it wont run, I used TheaterTek for mine.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Guardian100

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(g00f @ Jul 13 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post

Mine is rock solid, runs great, just the basin install for MCE and made the necessary connnections to the 360.

Do you have the MCE desktop running on the PC, I dont have anything running on it, its just the file server to my 360 so that i can stream the TS files to the 360. I have lots of apps on it, news clients and such, but when i try and stream from it I make sure that nothing else is running. Did you do a clean install of MCE? Dont forget you NEED to have real DVD player codecs on the MCE or it wont run, I used TheaterTek for mine.

Thats all I can think of for now.

@boscorooty - Man, like gOOf said, I would try removing all of the running services you have.. If you can get all those icons in the bottom right corner of windows gone, that will help. Do a google on removing winxp services, for help there.. Also, make sure your at the xp desktop. You DO NOT need to have Media Center running in xp for anything to work with 360, just has to be on the system for the .dll's etc it needs..

@gOOf - Dude, glad you got everything running great. I can get all video to play, but the HD stuff is a hair too slow to be worth watching. Can you give some more details on your exact setup?
Ex. of what I am running:
System - MCE 2005, X64 3000+ 1Gig Ram, 100Mb network
Drivers used - Nvidia (for pc vid card), Transcoder 360 for HD, VLC360 for ISO's, K-Lite codec pack for all codecs for Transcoder, PowerDVD in case that coder was needed, and that's about it..

I only start the service I need to use, have an extremely fast running OS, Sata drives, etc..no delay on network, seems like a codec maybe? I might true image back to my pure MCE install with base drivers, and just load TheaterTek to get closer to your setup and see how that goes.

ANYONE please post your setup/feedback for ideas, but please give enough detail to make your post worth it. This is a learning time for everyone trying this stuff out, and PROPS to Neor for all of his work on VLC360, and the creator of Transcode360 (Sorry forgot name). I can't F&$@! wait to see what you guys come up with next!!
G.