xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "xbox 360 Cannot Be Contacted" Help!  (Read 113 times)

Slomar

• Archived User
"xbox 360 Cannot Be Contacted" Help!
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

Go to Jason Tsang's blog... I'd post the link but I can't.  It has a full list of ports you need to open on the router.  Once its right you should see the Media Center Extender in the Device Manager, kind of like when you plug in a usb device.  You should hear the same noise when it connects.

lettuce

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

Ive completely turned of windows firewall, and disabled the firewall on the router and still get the same message!

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »

I have a similar situation here. I cannot connect to the 360, although I used to be able too. I know my setup works, in the install, it asks me for the key, says it has conected it, verifing key, and then it says unable to contact. I  have opened the ports and everything.

Slomar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

I've had it happen many times as well.  I've been trying everything to get these .ts files to work so there have been a lot of changes and restarts.  Sometimes the link gets hosed up.  Every time it does I just delete the profile on the 360, disconnect in the computer tab, and then delete all 360 stuff on my computer.  Run the setup again and remember the 8digit key.  Sometimes it only pops up for a second.  I've found that sometimes you just have to run it over and over... junk.

lettuce

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 03:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(NoFace @ Jun 30 2006, 07:19 PM) View Post

I have a similar situation here. I cannot connect to the 360, although I used to be able too. I know my setup works, in the install, it asks me for the key, says it has conected it, verifing key, and then it says unable to contact. I  have opened the ports and everything.

Can you remeber if you installed anything from the last time you got it working??