xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: VLC360 v1.2  (Read 1222 times)

Drpiety

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

done

relin

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Great programs Thanks! I am having some problems with this. Once I start playing a video I get an error message stating that it is has encountered a problem and will now close, however, the video plays for another 30 minutes before it freezes. Is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance for anyones help!

This post has been edited by relin: Mar 28 2006, 08:03 PM

smashie

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

thanks to the devs for a great little app, i to am having a few teething probs as well, seems that i am not getting very stable throughput on my network and i'm reaching around 80/90% cpu usage whilst playing back both xvid and mpeg streams resulting in pixelation and freezing. could this be a codec issue? i'm a total noob as far as all this transcoding business goes so any help would be greatly appreciated. btw i have the k-lite codec pack installed..

cheers in advance

smash.

CyborgGamer

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

I have had no problems so far. This was my installating process.

First I uninstalled all other codecs I had installed then I...

1. Downloaded and Installed K-Lite Codec Pack 2.71 FULL (Full includes ffdshow).
2. Downloaded and installed VLC360 1.2 and replaced the file in the dir with VideoFiche. (changes audio to english)
3. Ran the vlc360.bat file.
4. Rebooted and everything worked great.

So I managed to watch/stream a full movie on a P4 2.4Ghz with 448MB RAM (Inspiron 5100 laptop) with about an average of 40% cpu usage and pretty much full RAM usage. This was not possible with Transcode 360.

smashie

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

thanks for the info cyborg will give it another shot!!

NEMES1S

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

This is a fantastic tool and signs of a very positive future for MCE integration.  

I have to ask something though.

I have tried watching a few videos I have d/l like the new 24 series and they are fine but then I have tried watching some others like a DVD Xvid rip which only plays in 4:3 rather than the 16:9 that 24 plays in.   I have checked the files on my PC to ensure that they do display in 16:9 and they are ok through Media Player.   Please help as I hate watching squashed videos!!!   TIA

dacke

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

Press INFO on your remote (dont know the button for the controller) and select zoom. I use the last option since it makes the best fullscreen for me...

NEMES1S

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

thanks for the quick response but I don't want to zoom in on a picture that is still gonna look out of proportion.

The file is in widescreen format and plays correctly in media player on the PC so why won't it play in the correct format via the 360???

Also I am too having issues playing files with an .img extension anybody figured this out yet?  I have used the K-lite codec pack mentioned in the previous page and that hasn't helped with either issue.....

*EDIT*  Apologies my friend as I just thought I would checkout the differences in zooming after I replied to your post.   It works as it goes!   There are a couple of options and either the second or third one seems to do a 16:9 without losing anything on the edges.   I had no idea that function was there and took what you said as just zooming in to fill the screen and losing out on some of the picture too.  Very sorry and thankyou for the help!!!

Still need the help on the .img files though biggrin.gif

RAINMAN0

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

I installed this, rebotted and when I click on VLC360 from the menu it just goes to a ligh blue screen and I see noing else.  Am I doing something wrong?

DeQuosaek

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(RAINMAN0 @ Mar 28 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

I installed this, rebotted and when I click on VLC360 from the menu it just goes to a ligh blue screen and I see noing else.  Am I doing something wrong?

I think you are skipping the step where you navigate to the install folder (from Widows Explorer or My Computer)
C:\Program Files\dun74\vlc360
and double click the vlc360.bat file.

After that everything should run smooth.

To neor: Thanks for making such a great little app!  I find it very useful and it works well for me.  It gets me one step closer to using the XBox 360 to its full potential.  Thanks again!

bmaltais

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(NEMES1S @ Mar 28 2006, 05:32 PM) View Post

thanks for the quick response but I don't want to zoom in on a picture that is still gonna look out of proportion.

The file is in widescreen format and plays correctly in media player on the PC so why won't it play in the correct format via the 360???

Also I am too having issues playing files with an .img extension anybody figured this out yet?  I have used the K-lite codec pack mentioned in the previous page and that hasn't helped with either issue.....

*EDIT*  Apologies my friend as I just thought I would checkout the differences in zooming after I replied to your post.   It works as it goes!   There are a couple of options and either the second or third one seems to do a 16:9 without losing anything on the edges.   I had no idea that function was there and took what you said as just zooming in to fill the screen and losing out on some of the picture too.  Very sorry and thankyou for the help!!!

Still need the help on the .img files though biggrin.gif

This is a trange behavior of the 360 itself... Don't ask me why... but I am starting to think that it was made like this intentionally by MS.

By the way I have found a work around and it is currently integrated in the next release of transcode 360.  It simply involves changing the resolution of the resulting transcoded video and specifying the proper aspect ratio.  Unfortunatly VLC does not easilly allow this to be done...

Keep an eye for the next release of T360 and it should fix your problems... By the way, the next release should allow to pass original AC3 and MP2 audio stream to the 360 without requiring a transcode... therefore the DVD rip with 5.1 AC3 should playback in full 6 channel audio! Cool!

PRaul

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

Great program! I have one question, when I use subtitles in VLC360 the text is yellow, but when I use Transcode 360 it's white, how come?

postaldude25

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »

How do i turn on subtitles on a movie when Playing a DVD ISO file.? unsure.gif

gawright

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 04:04:00 AM »

Hi,

Great doftware- this worked perfectly were all else failed!

I have one question though - the system is used by my wife whilst im out and navigating through the C drive etc into my movie folders etc can be quite a task.

Is there any way to start in a lower folder and see everything underneath that rather than seeing A C D Drives completely?

Hope this can be achieved.

Graham.

Binnerup

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to contact the author of this program, and if he speaks english?

I have not been that much interested in streaming DivX and Xvid, but streaming DVD's is a must have feature for many people.

I myself have looked into streaming DVD's with VLC, but I was not able to find a codec combination that worked.

Without a doubt, it would be awesome for many users to integrate between this program and the "My Movies" add-in I do for Media Center.

Please let me know where to contact the author.

Regards,

Brian Binnerup
"My Movies" Author
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7