xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: VLC360 v1.2  (Read 1223 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« on: March 27, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

VLC360 v1.2-- Posted by XanTium on March 27 12:36 EST
VLC360 is a french application (MCE plugin), similar to Transcode 360(info) and MCE Video Encoder(info), that will encode XViD, DiVX and other video formats on-the-fly so you can stream them from your Windows MediaCenter PC to your Xbox 360.
As the name suggests it, VLC360 is based on VLC/VideoLan and of course it does require Windows MediaCenter 2005 as OS.

This is the first version posted here on Xbox-Scene, but here's the changelog from v1.0 to v1.2:
* You can now install VLC360 anywhere you want on your Windows MediaCenter PC.
* Update of VLC (should solve problem with crashing of interface when using special characters)
* Support of subtitles in SRT format.
* For DVDs in .img and .iso it will auto select the french language (can be changed to english see forum thread).
* Support of more formats (I have no exact list)
* VLC will start as service (background application) on your PC.

Official Site: http://jortega74.free.fr/forum/index.php?c=4
View Demo Video: here[dailymotion.com]
Download: here

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

Wow... .img and .iso support for DVDs? This is awesome. I'll have to give this a shot later when I get home. This looks to be a step closer to My Movies plugin integration than Transcode360 right now as it supports DVD isos.

I'm assuming that for the DVD .iso support that we have an option somewhere to change the default language back to English? I can't seam to find any other docs to download and read up on this program aside from the .msi install file.

NoFace

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

I installed this plugin, but when I go into media center and click on vlc360, I get a white screen. Any thoughts?

neor

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(NoFace @ Mar 27 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

I installed this plugin, but when I go into media center and click on vlc360, I get a white screen. Any thoughts?

hi

reboot your PC or go to start
all program
VLC360
relancer VLC

QUOTE(-FourDoor- @ Mar 27 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post

Wow... .img and .iso support for DVDs? This is awesome. I'll have to give this a shot later when I get home. This looks to be a step closer to My Movies plugin integration than Transcode360 right now as it supports DVD isos.

I'm assuming that for the DVD .iso support that we have an option somewhere to change the default language back to English? I can't seam to find any other docs to download and read up on this program aside from the .msi install file.

you can change the language on the videofiche.html

CODE
var input = '"dvdsimple://'+ QueryString("file") +'" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=4096,scale=1,acodec=wma,ab=160,channels=2}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,dst=:1234} :audio-language=fr';

change the fr by en

DeaDSOuLz

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

W00t! nice way to go.  Death to King Louie!

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

Thanks Neor.

A couple of quick questions since I can't test it right now. For the dvd .iso/.img support, I am assuming that it will just play through all of the videos that it finds in the image file. So if it's a full retail dvd iso it's decoding, VLC360 will play the videos for the previews, the menu screen, etc before VLC360 actually starts to play the actual movie files within the .iso? So this means no FF or skip options to go straight to the movie file, which means for the best setup, we will need to have .iso files that only contain the main movie file and none of the added previews and extras?

Also I see in the code that you posted that the default audio channel is 2. Does VLC360 have the capability of doing 5.1 DD out as well from .divx and .iso files?

Drpiety

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

5.1 wont work for me from Divx/xvid althoughchannel 2.

neor

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(-FourDoor- @ Mar 27 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

Thanks Neor.

A couple of quick questions since I can't test it right now. For the dvd .iso/.img support, I am assuming that it will just play through all of the videos that it finds in the image file. So if it's a full retail dvd iso it's decoding, VLC360 will play the videos for the previews, the menu screen, etc before VLC360 actually starts to play the actual movie files within the .iso? So this means no FF or skip options to go straight to the movie file, which means for the best setup, we will need to have .iso files that only contain the main movie file and none of the added previews and extras?

Also I see in the code that you posted that the default audio channel is 2. Does VLC360 have the capability of doing 5.1 DD out as well from .divx and .iso files?

VLC360 transcode your movie to wmv with wma sound 2.0

Drpiety

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Its my last time bothering with it, I am just right now playing a 2cd divx with ac3 Sound dolby digital with no sound at all coming over my speakers. The vid has sound on the PC and its 5 Channel according to VLC. Is the sound set to 0db or what? Cmon Neor take me searious, please.

neor

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Drpiety @ Mar 27 2006, 10:25 PM) View Post

Its my last time bothering with it, I am just right now playing a 2cd divx with ac3 Sound dolby digital with no sound at all coming over my speakers. The vid has sound on the PC and its 5 Channel according to VLC. Is the sound set to 0db or what? Cmon Neor take me searious, please.

can you send me a sample of your video

it work for me with other ac3 movie

start your movie on your xbox

open IE on your pc and tape http://127.0.0.1:8080/
clic on ?
and see if the sound is decoded

vexamus

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

Even though I haven't gotten anything to play I think this is turning out to be an astonishing bit of software and I thank you for it.

I have set it up correctly and so on, my question lies with it's ability to see the mapped drives on the MCE.  All of my media isn't stored on the MCE machine.  It sits on a narly server with a huge RAID array.  I've been using Transcode 360 and it's able to utilize the mapped drives.  Is it just something I need to change in one of the scripts?  Seems simple enough to me.  I'm going to go ahead and start looking for it, but I was also wonder if you could point in me in the right direction.

Cheers!!

vexamus

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Found a quick fix for anyone else having issues with it...

Map your drives AFTER you start MCE on your 360, they'll show right up.

Sorry to bother.  Amazing app again!  Very pleased.

amostaj

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

Can't wait to try it out. Just a quick question thought since I haven't been able to test it yet. Does your software support FF/RR capabilities.

speck311

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

Thank you - seems nice so far

DaddyO21

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(amostaj @ Mar 27 2006, 10:21 PM) View Post

Hi Guys,

Can't wait to try it out. Just a quick question thought since I haven't been able to test it yet. Does your software support FF/RR capabilities.

Yes dude it does FF and RW , but it only works with the buttons on the player not on the controler or remote.

IPB Image
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7