xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Working Nes Emulator Through Mce! (no Sound)  (Read 2466 times)

xtrilla

• Archived User
Working Nes Emulator Through Mce! (no Sound)
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Hello, I was wondering do you have to have the MCE remote to check the box that comes up, because I cant check it with my controller.

yankefish

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

i dont have the remote, my kid destroyed it, i use my wireless controller just make sure u have media connect running on your mce cpu or if u  like open up media center just make sure u have the correct folders shared. i finally got the emulator working, works pretty good, but i will stick to my xbox for playing rms offmy hdd for now till a more stable release come out, keep up the good work Xexter

Xexter

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(xtrilla @ Mar 27 2006, 03:54 AM) View Post

Hello, I was wondering do you have to have the MCE remote to check the box that comes up, because I cant check it with my controller.

Its probably locked up and thats why you can't click it.  Use this MCL to check the box and then it shouldn't show up again.

http://www.yourfilel...t.php?fid=59953

the_snipe

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

nice work!  I hope Atari is next!

i see the legal issues of roms and emulators a lot in here and over at digitpress.com.  What I've learned is that it's ok to have the emulators and roms as long as the hardware or games are no longer readily available.  This isn't "word of mouth" from a guy that knows a guy.  this is straight from the DMCA of 1998.  The Library of Congress amended the DMCA in 2003 to make an exemption for video games and computer software that was considered obsolete.

Here is a summary of the exemption from the US government's copyright website....

(3) Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access. A format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

I don't see Nintendo and Atari running out to prosecute us twenty-somethings for getting a Contra-itch every once in a while.  The only question left to interpretation is who decides what is "reasonable available"?  I don't see any Nintendo systems rolling off the assembly lines so I would assume you're safe to store them on your home PC.

Personally, I collect old games so chances are good that I own the game (several times over in some cases).  I'm not trying to argue wether I'm for or against emus and roms.  I would just like to know if anyone else has any hard information to refute the DMCA exemption.

Xexter

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

My next attempt is to get PotatoMulti to embed correctly in a local html file so that it can run just like NESCafe. My only problem is that this doesn't seem to be open source so key mappings might be a headache. On the plus side it looks like sound works perfectly when played through a normal browser.

Here is a link to their java app if anyone wants to take a crack at it. http://www.game-oldies.com/index-downloads.htm

It's supposed to support Nintendo NES/Famicom, Nintendo Game Boy/Game Boy Color, NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine, Coleco Colecovision, Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear and Sega Genesis/Megadrive.  

I think the closest to Atari I'm going to get is Colecovision...

brolin

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

Hey sup all  

Hmm  i am geting a ehexthost.exe app error   ?
mc 2005

420  wink.gif

The_MF_Boss

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »

Mine doesn't work.  The icon never appears on the 360.  I extracted the files to the right location.  I didnt mess with anything.  I turned on the xbox and went to more programs and here ive been for about 30 min. Any Ideas?

brolin

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

I can see it on 360 np : )  but still error hmm?

The_MF_Boss

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

Nevermind, ive got it working.  Runs good by the way.  Great Job!!!!

Don't know what that error means.  Might try updating JAVA

Xexter

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

That was my thought as well.  Does the .mcl file I linked earlier that shows the xbox-scene homepage work for you?

Noob_4life

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

I'm Trying To do The Connecting and it work but it doesn't shows up on my xbox 360 can you show me step by step Please Please

DaddyO21

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(the_snipe @ Mar 27 2006, 04:47 AM) View Post

nice work!  I hope Atari is next!

i see the legal issues of roms and emulators a lot in here and over at digitpress.com.  What I've learned is that it's ok to have the emulators and roms as long as the hardware or games are no longer readily available.  This isn't "word of mouth" from a guy that knows a guy.  this is straight from the DMCA of 1998.  The Library of Congress amended the DMCA in 2003 to make an exemption for video games and computer software that was considered obsolete.

Here is a summary of the exemption from the US government's copyright website....

(3) Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access. A format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.

I don't see Nintendo and Atari running out to prosecute us twenty-somethings for getting a Contra-itch every once in a while.  The only question left to interpretation is who decides what is "reasonable available"?  I don't see any Nintendo systems rolling off the assembly lines so I would assume you're safe to store them on your home PC.

Personally, I collect old games so chances are good that I own the game (several times over in some cases).  I'm not trying to argue wether I'm for or against emus and roms.  I would just like to know if anyone else has any hard information to refute the DMCA exemption.

The Library of Congress has recently granted copyright exemptions in the Digital Millenium Act to obsolete games. The exemption applies to games that require the original hardware as a condition of access, and if the game is “no longer manufactured or reasonably available in the commercial marketplace.” This means that old, unsupported PC, console and arcade games will now be legal to own (so your illegal copy of Mame roms are now legit). The only muddy side is if publishers consider their old games to be “reasonably available” and plan to release classic games as bundles or bonuses, then the copyright protection still stands.

Nintendo Revolution will run NES , SNES , N64 Gamecube and Revolution games , so that makes it illegal to have a copy of the game without owning the original one or buying it from the Revolution Marketplace.

Xexter

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Noob_4life @ Mar 27 2006, 06:05 AM) View Post

I'm Trying To do The Connecting and it work but it doesn't shows up on my xbox 360 can you show me step by step Please Please

I'm going to need that in english with some punctuation.

"The Connecting"  Does this mean that you have media center up and running and your xbox 360 is connected to it?

if so, all you need to do is follow the instructions in the first post.

Noob_4life

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

You Need Windows Media Center 2005 right to make it work no Xp/Home edition

Xexter

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

Correct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15