xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Working Nes Emulator Through Mce! (no Sound)  (Read 2468 times)

cole46_51

• Archived User
Working Nes Emulator Through Mce! (no Sound)
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »

got the latest NEScafe, but don't know where to put in on my PC running vista...which has MCE.  when going into MCE through the xbox360, there isn't an option for anything other than pics, videos, or tv, so how are u suppose to select it?!?!

and please, if u post that "it works for me,"  please tell the rest of us how u got it working:)

badeggman

• Archived User
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

hey newbie here

was just wondering about emulation on the xbox 360 and this came up,
did anything ever come of that one with the gameboy/n64 and the over consoles that were onit?

my bad if i missed it i skimmed through most the pages

BoomDivX

• Archived User
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

Since I can't find my source code for the first one (grr... too many backup...), I'll start over with Vista Media Center SDK.

I can't give a specific date, but I'll do my best!

BoomDivX

• Archived User
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

So, I got NESCafe to work again. I still don't have sound and the selector is not done yet, but at least, it's running. You need a computer with MCE installed!

http://rapidshare.com/files/133197851/NESCafe_X360_v1.10__BoomDivX_.zip.html

Here's the readme:
CODE
NESCafe for X360 v1.10

First, extract the folder in your program files folder.

Then go in the NES_Emulator folder and run the register.bat file. This will add the emulator in MCE under Online Media/Program Library/Programs by name.

All you have to do is put your roms in the roms folder and modify the emu.html file:

1- Find the following line:
2- Change the Punch-Out!!.zip to the name of your rom. (a selector will come later).
3- Save the file and launch the emulatotr from your 360!

Note: Make sure the annoying popup about "not designed for Media Center" on your 360 will not appear when launching the game or you'll be stuck with in the front of the emulator.

Changelist:

v1.10: Update with NESCafe v1.020.
v1.0: First release by Xester including BoomDivX rom selector.

To do:
- Create a rom selector.
- Make the sound work.
- Suggestions?

I did not code NESCafe, so if there's a bug with it, don't ask me to fix it wink.gif I've been able to run it on a X360 connected to a Vista MCE 64bits. If someone could tell me if it's working on Vista 32bits and Windows XP (32bits and 64bits), I would appreciate!

dominater01

• Recovered User
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

i got it to work on my vista 32 bit

hartigan11

• Archived User
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »

Firstly, I'd like to thank Xexter and BoomDivX.  Genius how you guys got it to run through MCE.

I remember trying to get this to work with vista months and months ago with the old .rar to no avail.

Anyway, I got it working on my Vista 32-bit and I'm just going to explain the single hitch I ran into in the hope that it may help someone else.

In order to run the batch file correctly I had to disable 'User Account Control' to avoid some permissions problems with regedit.  To do this, go to Start/Control Panel/User Accounts and then 'Turn User Account Control on or off' and then restart your computer.

You should then be able to run the register.bat file without any problems. Of course, if you wish, you can always turn User Account Control back on.

Also, to get rid of that annoying 'not designed for Media Center' message: In media center on your 360, go to Tasks/Settings/General/Startup and Window Behavior and you should be able to change the setting there.

Much looking forward to any advancements in the future. Good luck.

P.S. Just out of curiosity, is there anyway I could get a look at the Java source code for this. I'm in second year CS at Waterloo and it would be interesting to see.

hartigan11

• Archived User
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

I see that it was simply nescafe that was written in java...nevermind then...so you did this through some weird sort of media center SDK?

hartigan11

• Archived User
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

One more thing...it seems like you are only able to press one button at a time i.e. it's not possible to run diagonally, move sideways in air after jumping etc. Also some games, like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out require you to press A+B, in this case to punch to the head.  Is this just a problem for me or is it the same for all of you as well? Can it be fixed? I seem to be falling into holes far too often in Super Mario Bros. 3 lol

Farid

• Archived User
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »

Do I have to have a jtaged consol to get this work?

nick93

• Archived User
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

link is broke  sad.gif

dschu012

• Archived User
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Farid @ Nov 30 2010, 04:49 PM) View Post

Do I have to have a jtaged consol to get this work?

Way to resurrect a 2 year old thread. The game was playing on a PC and the video was being streamed through the Media Center on the xbox.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]