xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Xplorer360 v0.9: Read/Write access to Xbox 360 HD, Mcard *UPDATED* Bet  (Read 2116 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Xplorer360 v0.9: Read/Write access to Xbox 360 HD, Mcard *UPDATED* Beta2-- Posted by XanTium on February 12 21:35 EST
Roofus and AngerWound of 360GameSaves.com released a new application to access the Xbox 360 HDD (all 3 partitions), Memcard or dumps of these, with full write support!
From 360gamesaves.com:

Here it is! The highly anticipated release of xplorer360. This is beta software and needs testing. What better way then let you guys find the bugs!

Too many features to list but here are a few:
* FULL Read/Write to 360 HDDs.
* FULL Read/Write to 360 Memory Units.
* Physical and Logical drive access.
* Support for opening of dumps of both devices.
* Backup/Restore dump options.

Any bugs you may find can please be directed to our forums.
Brought to you by Roofus and AngerWound of the 360GameSaves.com Team!

Be on the lookout for some cool hardware we'll be making available in the near future as well!

With read and write support to the Xbox 360 harddisk and memcard it means you'll be able to share gamesaves over the internet, 360gamesaves.com has a gamesaves database and upload script waiting to be used :-)
You can connect your Xbox 360 HD on your PC via an SATA controller, the memorycard can be connected via USB (see how here or here).
The Xbox360 saves are usually in /content/<profileID>/<titleID>/ of partition3 on your Xbox 360 HD. Xbox 360 gamesaves can be transfered to another Xbox 360 console and profile, but all 'LIVE achievements' will be disabled of course (achievements are linked to the LIVE profile). A dumbed down version of xplorer360 made specially for gamesaves manipulation will be released soon which should make it easier for beginners to find their gamesaves.

Also interesting - this tool will allow you to move over your old Xbox 1 gamesaves to your Xbox 360 (they will probably have to go somewhere in /partition3/Compatibility/Xbox1/ or /partition3/H2/), something that was impossible up to now.

But of course it'll also allow you to navigate the rest of the disc, so you can check out all the stuff located on the drive, like the music stored on your drive or what you downloaded from Xbox LIVE for example (demos, live arcade, themes, videos ...).

Note: Before people try to launch crazy ideas again: No this does not allow you to copy retail games (signed for XBOX360DVD media only) to the HD and play them. It's a tool that gives you access to the Xbox 360 HD and Memcard from a PC, it does not hack/bypass any security.

*UPDATE* BUG: One confirmed bug has been found and can be harmful if not known. Do not attempt to insert a file with the same name into a folder. If the filename already exists, delete it then insert your new one. Look for an updated/fixed build soon.

*UPDATE2* From 360gamesaves.com:

With the first batch of bugs coming in, one being a bit problematic. We've wrapped all those fixes up into this build. This is beta software and should be used at your own risk until Final versions are available.

*Bug Fixes*
* Off by one error in filename length check fixed
* Recursive delete functions fixed / Delete from tree fixed
* Injection of file with same name fixed. Asks to overwrite

Official Site: http://www.360gamesaves.com
Download xplorer360 v0.9 (Beta 2): here

CattyKid

• Archived User
Xplorer360 v0.9: Read/Write access to Xbox 360 HD, Mcard *UPDATED* Bet
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

Wait, I heard that Xbox 360 game saves were locked to the console/memcard that they were created on (seemed kind of stupid and like nonsense as you wouldn't be able to take them to a friend's house then).  So, I assume this is not true then?
Man, I must get my info from bad people.

This is great news, it was only a matter of time before this happennend, I guess.  
I hope someone will soon release a Memcard to PC adapter so that we do not have to do it ourselves, it wouldn't be too hard or costly if mass produced (I relise that kind of messes with the whole idea of modding, but I suck at soldering).

I REALLY want someone to load up a softmod and run it, just for the hell of it.  Obviously it won't work, but I'd like to see what happens.  Watch it say,
"Nice try, Buster.  Not this time.  Try the DVD drive firmware."  Or some crap like that. smile.gif

This post has been edited by CattyKid: Feb 13 2006, 04:00 AM

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 12 2006, 08:59 PM) *

Wait, I heard that Xbox 360 game saves were locked to the console/memcard that they were created on (seemed kind of stupid and like nonsense as you wouldn't be able to take them to a friend's house then).  So, I assume this is not true then?
Man, I must get my info from bad people.

This is great news, it was only a matter of time before this happennend, I guess.  
I hope someone will soon release a Memcard to PC adapter so that we do not have to do it ourselves, it wouldn't be too hard or costly if mass produced (I relise that kind of messes with the whole idea of modding, but I suck at soldering).
I REALLY want someone to load up a softmod and run it, just for the hell of it.  Obviously it won't work, but I'd like to see what happens.  Watch it say,
"Nice try, Buster.  Not this time.  Try the DVD drive firmware."  Or some crap like that. smile.gif

RE: Locked Saves...
If you transfer a save from one profile to another, it displays a message on the 360 that transfer is possible but achievements will be blocked. Will try and get a screenshot.. I wouldn't doubt 2 or 3 titles (Team Ninja) for example might lock their profiles STRICTLY to console or profile. But the few titles we've tested work just fine.

RE: Adapter...
Already working on that one too. Hope to have them available in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out wink.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Feb 12 2006, 10:03 PM) *

RE: Locked Saves...
If you transfer a save from one profile to another, it displays a message on the 360 that transfer is possible but achievements will be blocked. Will try and get a screenshot.. I wouldn't doubt 2 or 3 titles (Team Ninja) for example might lock their profiles STRICTLY to console or profile. But the few titles we've tested work just fine.

That news is even better.
I assume by your use of WE you are part of the team that developed this great tool?
If so, thanks very much, and I am interested in this picture if you can get it.
Also, if a save is locked, then what message do you get?

EDIT: And the adapter sounds like good news, I might have to get a memcard (not many of us "Premium" guys bought one)!  Any idea on possible pricing, if it isn't top secret?

This post has been edited by CattyKid: Feb 13 2006, 04:11 AM

simpull7

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

Does this allow copying of music and pictures to the 360 HDD then too?

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

You can move whatever you want to the hdd.

As long as whatever your moving is signed in any way. Then yes, it's movable.

I believe soundtracks are stored in /partition3/mindex/media/
They appear to be standarad .wma with a wierd header. Someone could easily create a soundtrack editor, or you might see one in a future xplorer build.

Smiff-n-Wessun

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

So, time for the first N00b question.. About copying movies directly from the pc to the HDD. Which partition are they in (the ones included with the xbox), and what format should I use to even attempt to play them in the xbox menu. Im gonna try to do it anyway, just because. But Im wondering if anyone has tried it first, to save me some time.

I figure if we get the format, and the location, maybe we can watch what we transfer.

danolimitpro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

so in theory couldnt one copy a theme,icon,arcade game. that he has paid for then upload it to the internet and have other download and copy it to their HD?

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Content moved to another profile will not work. Anything within a PIRS archive package, Demos, Downloaded Icons, and Themes all reside in this category; will be signed to its original profile and will not work without the original owners profile as well.

If your buddy wanted to share his profile and his content, you could do that. wink.gif

Only saves may be moved profile to profile, console to console.

This post has been edited by Angerwound: Feb 13 2006, 04:23 AM

mike69

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »

so how exactly do i connect the 360 hdd to my pc??

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

this is great news

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

Through an SATA controller.

mike69

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

could somebody find a link to a cheap SATA controller??

The iNSOMNIAc

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

What we need is a small adaptor to link the hdd in its housing to the sata line on a pc so we dont have to rip apart the hdd caddy to get to the sata drive.

Has onyone got a working pinout for the connectors on the hdd caddy. maybe we can make a small adaptor or do a design and someone can mass produce the little things and sell them.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

RE: HDD Adapter...
Thats being worked out too.  biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8