xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta  (Read 4623 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta-- Posted by XanTium on February 7 16:33 EST
Runtime (you might remember him as the co-founder of XboxMediaCenter(info)) mailed us about Transcode 360, a new tool for Xbox 360 and Windows MediaCenter he released today:

"Designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and the Xbox 360, Transcode 360 aims to broaden the support for a wide range of video media including DivX and XviD." - runtime360.com

The underlying mechanism for transcoding and streaming is much the same as /mceDivX360 however the user-interface is more tightly integrated with Windows Media Center, and generally more robust and easy to use.

The installation is pretty straightforward, it's all automated. If you run into any problems have a quick read through the included manual, the sections on optimization and troubleshooting are well worth reading.

The software runs in the background as an NT service, and with a few tweaks you can even shift the burden of transcoding to a more powerful computer on your home network.  Looking forward we have plans to replace Windows Media Encoder with an open-source transcoder that will be a) less CPU intensive b) more compatible with an even wider range of codecs.

The project will be open-sourced under the GPL license once Subversion hosting has been provisioned.

Official Site: http://www.runtime360.com
Download: here

C o s m o

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

A perfect example that post count means nothing.  Runtime has 20 posts as of now, but has been on the scene since 25-September 02 and has contributed to the scene like few others.  
This is awesome work.  This solidifies the need to get a copy of MCE.
Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by C o s m o: Feb 7 2006, 11:33 PM

kidkinetix

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

Cool news.

I Will have to check this out tomorrow!

DynaMight

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

Cant seem to get it to work, the error I'm getting is "Windows Media Encoder was unable to process the selected file" I've installed DivX 6.1 and tried a few trailers from the divx website.

The error on the event viewer is "Windows Media Encoder threw an exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): WMEncoder.PrepareToEncode() failed. at Transcode360.MceServer.StreamFile()" no idea what that means.

Tried all the suggestions in the readme. I'm in no rush until it can do Xvid files.

This post has been edited by DynaMight: Feb 8 2006, 12:55 AM

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

Now maybe I can stop converting my video library to WMV.  love.gif

kidkinetix

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

Not working for you yet?  Anyone else with any info on their experiences please let this thread know!

Looking forward to trying it when I have some time.

pj3101

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

I love This! worked on first try and works very well, I love all the people who make my life easy, i really appreciate it. love.gif

IMHERETOSTAY

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

Doesn't work for me, unable to access computer, actively blocked it... I don't have a firewall and  I portforwarded to my computer port 1401 and 8080... Don't know what to do now...

HansiHusten

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

do i understand this right?
this runtime does allow other OS than xp to run media center and that works then with the 360?
my problem is that im running a 2003 server as a fileserver and i would like to stream my movies but the media center only supports xp, so does this help me?
greets

micro23

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

Oh my god. Thank you so much. I have just retired my original XBOX! I have been working on getting this setup since I got my 360. I reinstalled media center onto my server over the last day and got it up and running. Today I intalled and watched divx, xvid, and ac3 5.1 encoded files today on my 360! I am very very very impressed and this works perfect. The only complain I have is the lack of quality. The quality did take a pretty big hit on conversion but it is still PERFECTLY watchable and still outstanding quality. I would love to be a beta tester for you im very savy and will return feedback.

Congrats, thank you, keep it up!

THIS PROGRAM WORKS FLAWLESS! VERY VERY VERY EASY AND QUICK QUICK QUICK!

NO MORE ENCODING WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

biosehnsucht

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(DynaMight @ Feb 7 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Cant seem to get it to work, the error I'm getting is "Windows Media Encoder was unable to process the selected file" I've installed DivX 6.1 and tried a few trailers from the divx website.

The error on the event viewer is "Windows Media Encoder threw an exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): WMEncoder.PrepareToEncode() failed. at Transcode360.MceServer.StreamFile()" no idea what that means.

Tried all the suggestions in the readme. I'm in no rush until it can do Xvid files.

I'm getting the same error, but i only have ffdshow installed as a codec.
Also, I can't get WME itself to encode within its own app, so its probably not Transcode360's fault

snowcrash8

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(IMHERETOSTAY @ Feb 7 2006, 07:15 PM) View Post

Doesn't work for me, unable to access computer, actively blocked it... I don't have a firewall and  I portforwarded to my computer port 1401 and 8080... Don't know what to do now...

Go to start -> control panel -> admin tools -> services. select 'Transcoding and Broadcasting Services'

From there select the 'Log On' tab and select 'Local system account'. apply changes and start the service.

IMHERETOSTAY

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

Thank you, that did the trick!!

BTW, xvid works very well....

snowcrash8

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(IMHERETOSTAY @ Feb 7 2006, 07:43 PM) View Post

Thank you, that did the trick!!

BTW, xvid works very well....

how are you guys getting xvid to work? i tried to transcode an xvid file and it just sits there with the arrows going in a circle. also I tried a small divx trailer and it just froze at a black screen at the end. I could get back to the dashboard, but I couldn't do anything in MCE.

micro23

• Archived User
Transcode 360 v1.0 Beta
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

ok, huge things here. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CODECS INSTALLED! You cant just hit A on the movie you need to hit X then more... then transcode. MOST IMPORTANT!! ------> You need the latest divx, xvid, and ac3 codecs get them from here... install those then retry again. I would restart everything after all codecs are installed.

Get codecs here.... NOT A BAD SITE! SPYWARE FREE! LEGAL!

http://www.free-code...ecompressor.htm
http://www.free-code.../Koepi_XviD.htm
http://www.free-code...nload/DivX6.htm

and you may want to grab this in addition although you wont need it for this

http://www.free-code..._Codec_Pack.htm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28