xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Team PI Coder releases Xbox 360 ISOs and Game Dump Extractor v1.0  (Read 1496 times)

pepzi

• Archived User
Team PI Coder releases Xbox 360 ISOs and Game Dump Extractor v1.0
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

Great stuff!

I've been reading the source for some time now, figuring out how the iso/filesystem is built up. With nothing but my hex-editor i've been able to make an "iso" containing a text-file with an ironic/funny message in it. If someone wants to try the extractor, but doesn't have an iso, they may try extracting my "iso" instead (although its pretty useless, but so are currently game-ISOs too biggrin.gif)

It's located here (it's a 277 byte download):
http://pbx.no-ip.biz/~robert/pepzis_360dummy.rar

I'm still learning how the filesystem is working, and I'm thinking about making a program that can generate iso's automatically from files/directories on my HDD. I guess this could be useful when modchips arrive.

xbox7387

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

did this file work for you cuz i didnt have any luck with it.

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(pepzi @ Dec 13 2005, 12:55 AM) View Post

Great stuff!

I've been reading the source for some time now, figuring out how the iso/filesystem is built up. With nothing but my hex-editor i've been able to make an "iso" containing a text-file with an ironic/funny message in it. If someone wants to try the extractor, but doesn't have an iso, they may try extracting my "iso" instead (although its pretty useless, but so are currently game-ISOs too biggrin.gif)

http://pbx.no-ip.biz...is_360dummy.rar

I'm still learning how the filesystem is working, and I'm thinking about making a program that can generate iso's automatically from files/directories on my HDD. I guess this could be useful when modchips arrive.

Yep I have tried with my utility, I can see your file hackme.txt
And yea it would be very interesting to create an app to "make" xbox360 iso files.... I am thinking on it right now...

FSUNolez336

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Dec 12 2005, 05:17 PM) View Post

Hi, here are my 2 cents

I also coded an very fast very little GUI for XBOX 360 dump images. It allows to view the structure an d then select the files to extract

If somebody is interested here is the xbox scene post

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=469362

So far, I like yours the best. I like being able to see the files before I extract them. Great work!  beerchug.gif

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(FSUNolez336 @ Dec 13 2005, 03:39 AM) *

So far, I like yours the best. I like being able to see the files before I extract them. Great work!  beerchug.gif

Thank you so much... I just updated the app to include Structure Clipboard Copy for those interested on check the structure on excel, etc.

just re-download it

FSUNolez336

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Dec 12 2005, 09:54 PM) View Post

Thank you so much... I just updated the app to include Structure Clipboard Copy for those interested on check the structure on excel, etc.

just re-download it

May I suggest a "select all" button.

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(FSUNolez336 @ Dec 13 2005, 04:21 AM) *

May I suggest a "select all" button.

Done, just, re-download it.

Please use my other post for request changes and error reporting
the post is this

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=469362

Thanks

tomlarose

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(pepzi @ Dec 13 2005, 02:55 AM) View Post

Great stuff!

http://pbx.no-ip.biz...is_360dummy.rar

Okay nice work.

A couple of things.   Have you tried burning an iso created by your program?  If you did, are you able to read the contents of the disk on your computer?  Have you tried extracting one of PI's dumps and creating an image of it with your tool? If you have, did you compare the two images?  Are there any diffrences?

Thanks

tomlarose

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

Nevermind, I'm a jackass.  I just re-read your post.  Heh I got excited and skimmed over your post the first time.   wacko.gif

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

I dont know if it worths to create an utility to do .360 images because it appears to be the same structure as the XBOX 1 images.   For example... with my structure viewer utility I can see .360 images but I also can see .ISO images from XBOX 1 games.  so I think that may be actual tools like QUIX can make the .360 images (it is only speculation, I have not tried it)  

Also maybe there is no too far from the true that you (may be) can see the 360 file structure directly from the original disk if you put it on your modded XBOX 1.  I will try by myself later just for fun.

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

I'm not at home, and I haven't messed with Qwix in awhile so I could be way off. Is it possible to put the 360 game into a modded xbox. Then, have qwix look on D: and create an ISO from D: I know you can create ISO from F: or G:, but I'm pretty sure the file structure is near identical on 360 as it was on xbox. The more I even think about it though, the more I know this probably is so far off...lol

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 13 2005, 08:29 PM) View Post

I'm not at home, and I haven't messed with Qwix in awhile so I could be way off. Is it possible to put the 360 game into a modded xbox. Then, have qwix look on D: and create an ISO from D: I know you can create ISO from F: or G:, but I'm pretty sure the file structure is near identical on 360 as it was on xbox. The more I even think about it though, the more I know this probably is so far off...lol

Well I tried to put an original (call of duty 2) xbox 360 game on my modded xbox 1 and TA DA!!!! an perfect intro movie "insert this disc in an XBOX 360" appears...   so it didn't work at all, it only recognize the classic Audio and video_ts folders... mad.gif

I think the file structures are very similar (I can see XBOX 1 or XBOX 360 file structures with my Win XP utility) but there is a gap from the beggining of the 360 image to the start of the data that is not documented in the opensource released by PI Group so I assume that there is the main diference between formats.  

I am sure that QUIX can create an ISO from a bunch of 360 files on your hd (or on modded xbox) but I highly doubt that it will be an 360 working image...  only when these gap will be documented or explorated we will be capable to make "perfect" 360 images.  (at least as perfect as the PI group releases are)

Damn....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]