xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Streaming Live Tv  (Read 257 times)

akodoreign

• Archived User
Problems Streaming Live Tv
« on: November 30, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

Setup MCE pc 2005
Barton 2400+
768 Ram
200 gig Maxtor HD
Haupauge 150mce tuner
Intel 10/100 ethernet
Linksys w45g router
xbox360 connected via Ethernet

Ok got the xbox 360 to see the pc. Everything (streaming video(except divx ofc), pictures, music, works fine)
But when i try to go to live TV on the 360 it gives me 2 min of video and then says "Unable to capture live TV, this is due to loss of TV signal."

I go to the PC and its working just fine. Any thoughts.

lordashram

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(lnkinpark16 @ Nov 30 2005, 03:10 PM) View Post

i cant help you but maybe you can help me.  i have Windows Media Center but how do i capture live TV, what do i need to get to be able to do that??

a supported tv tuner, they are all listed HERE, and if you look you should be able to find them cheaper.

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

Actualy I figured it out. was an IRQ conflic on my system. When the ethernet card was requesting the IRQ would cause the tv capture card to drop out.

Eh... works fine now. smile.gif

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(akodoreign @ Nov 30 2005, 11:40 PM) View Post

Actualy I figured it out. was an IRQ conflic on my system. When the ethernet card was requesting the IRQ would cause the tv capture card to drop out.
Eh... works fine now. smile.gif

How is the the channel changing speed? Also are you using the remote control from MCE or the xbox 360 one? I'm going to be purchasing a Hauppauge PVR-150 tomorrow to combine with my DVICO Fusion HDTV card so I can use the MyTV feature with the 360 I was tired of recording the shows in hd then having to wait till show was done to watch it lol now I will be able to watch it in HD live

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

The media center remote that comes witht he pvr-150 works fine in media center extender 360, but not with the other xbox 360 menu's.
It will change the channel etc but not volume.

channel changing speed is near instantanious.

display has black bands on the left and right (similar to what my HD tuner box does when displaying lower quality signals)

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(akodoreign @ Dec 1 2005, 02:31 AM) View Post

The media center remote that comes witht he pvr-150 works fine in media center extender 360, but not with the other xbox 360 menu's.
It will change the channel etc but not volume.

channel changing speed is near instantanious.

display has black bands on the left and right (similar to what my HD tuner box does when displaying lower quality signals)

I just got my PVR-150 and it works on both dashboard and MCE just make sure you go into the 360 dashboard and enable to listen to all remote controls and it will let you use it on the dashboard as well