xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: App/utility For Rgh/jtag Consoles  (Read 259 times)

wantin2mod

• Archived User
App/utility For Rgh/jtag Consoles
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »

I was thinking of this possibility which I also posted elsewhere on the net:

I have a couple RGH consoles that I use just for my favorite games and emulators while enjoying the homebrew apps that can run on them. I also have some Xbox LIVE consoles that I use for online gaming with my children.
I have done much reading on this hard drive upgrading process on RGH/Jtag and Retail consoles. I was just curious to see if there was application that could be ran from a RGH or Jtag console to prepare a hard drive for a Retail console.

That would be pretty slick if someone could write a program to use on a RGH/Jtag console to get a PC hard drive set up to use on a Retail console. I have a 20GB HDD on my RGH console and I'm wanting to upgrade it to the 320GB HDD. I am awaiting the delivery of my WD 320GB hard drive and use HDDhackr to prepare it for my Xbox LIVE console.

It would be so neat to take that 320GB 2.5" PC HDD, put it in my Xbox360 20GB enclosure, and then attach it to my RGH system running FSD . . . .Launch the (Let's call it----->) Retail HDD Setup Utility, pick the drive to prepare and Presto!!! Then slap that drive on a Retail console to format and start transferring/downloading content.

I was just remembering back to the Xbox1 days with my Xecuter X3 modchip that I installed to my console. There was an option in bios settings to set up a hard drive whether it was a large HDD or the small retail version. Also with the modchip bios settings you could lock or unlock the HDD along with using the FTP functionality to put whatever was required/wanted on the desired partition. I used this X3 Modchip numerous times to set up other HDDs for Xbox consoles in which I used a more simple modchip, DuoX2.

I'm sure there are many out there whom have a XboxLIVE console and also RGH/Jtag consoles. If we could use our modified console to create a HDD for our XboxLIVE console using a home-brew app....rather than having to take the hackable WD HDD to a PC and use the MS-DOS HDDHackr application. We could then use our modified console as an extravagant tool to accomplish this task.  I'm just asking about this idea for convenience sake and ease of use. Needless to say, save a truckload of money to upgrade/add the HDD on a XboxLIVE console.

I know nothing about programming and hence, I don't know if it's possible. But it would be brilliant app!