xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: After 14699 Update, Installed Dl 2.29, And Games Don't Load Anymor  (Read 237 times)

ddxcb

• Archived User

QUOTE(wang_chung @ Feb 6 2012, 09:56 PM) View Post

jasper 16mb, was running 13599 for a while, and finally gave in due to problems i had been reading regarding FF and some other newer games.

so the update went fine, console booted, set everything up, then loaded dash launch, rebooted, and free at the splash screen (its set to auto-load FSD instead of NXE). so i figured maybe my auto-signin did it, so i re-flashed and disabled auto-signin, same thing. then i took booting to FSD and went to NXE, and now no games would load (either off dvd [legit or backups] or off of the hdd [demos, xbla, etc]). so, i flashed again, and tried the games without dashlaunch, and they all work. installed dashlaunch, and nothing.

so, i tried 2.27..........same thing

i think thought maybe it was my dvd drive since i hadn't updated it in a while, so i flashed LT+3.0........same thing.

does anyone have any suggestions?

decrypt and uncompress the xexs. Should fix the issue.

wang_chung

• Archived User
After 14699 Update, Installed Dl 2.29, And Games Don't Load Anymor
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »

i'm saying all games don't load anymore, GOD containers, extracted xex's, backed up game discs, and original game discs.

they will only work when i don't have dash launch installed.

wang_chung

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »

got it sorted

/thread please

dacore84

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(wang_chung @ Feb 10 2012, 09:11 AM) View Post

got it sorted

/thread please

And as always, please tell us what fixed the problem in case other members happens to get the same issue.

wang_chung

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »

in my launch.ini, i disabled the plugins (swap.xex and TemperatureDump.xex) at the top, but still had the same issue. it turned out there was another instance of the swap.xex that was enabled further down in the launch.ini. once i removed that, all was back to normal.