xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stuck Trying To Update Slim 9504 With Xecuter Pcb To 13599  (Read 176 times)

arsa13

• Archived User
Stuck Trying To Update Slim 9504 With Xecuter Pcb To 13599
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

I have a Halo Reach slim with a 9504 drive that hasn't been updated in a while.
I had a pre 13146 dash on it.

So I took one of my many unlocked Xecuter PCB's that I haven't been able to use very much yet and dumped my original firmware and then put it (untouched- copied dummy info to OFW pre-13146 (9504) fw in JF) on the unlocked PCB.
I did NOT lock the SPi, or change the physical switch on the PBC to 0 (locked) before doing the Outro/ATA reset in JF.

I in fact followed these directions but SKIPPED steps 12 & 13: http://3dsmall.us/how-to-install-16d4s-unl...west-price.html

I put a burned CD with the 13599 dash update in the drive, booted the slim and after a minute or two I ran into the status code: 3151-351F-B900-0401-C000-016B

I DID google this, and tried searching support.xbox.com and these forums to no avail. I DID try opening the dvd tray (taking out update disc), pulling the plug, plugging power back in, push tray halfway, powering up with power button, only to come back to the same status code. I also tried leaving the disc in the drive.

I have 3 questions.

1) Can I continue with the update successfully on the xecuter PCB and if so how? I'd prefer this method because I figured I could re-use my stock PCB since it wouldn't be locked by the update.

2) If I need to use my original 9504 board, there's no way to avoid it getting locked, right? I'll have to buy a sputnik unlock board or the sputnik spear...

3) Why isn't this information somewhere already, like in the JF tutorial? I mean I know it's probably not common for people to still have an unlocked 9504, but for those of us who do and prefer to update without locking our drives why isn't this info out there already?

I'm used to searching for and finding answers myself but hopefully this will help someone else as well.
Thanks

arsa13

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

I posted this thread to the xecuter forums as well.

If I get an answer I'll copy & paste it here in case anyone besides myself is looking for the answer.

arsa13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »

Thanks to BraveH43 on the Xecuter forums for answering my question fully.

"No

as it has already been stated you cant update using the t-x PCB (named the 0225 replacement PCB, for that very reason)

T-X PCB flashes like a Phat PCB

Slims flash differently, using a diff method! with sector erasing and authorization routines!

That is the reason you get an update fail!"

So you MUST update your ORIGINAL PCB with any 9504 drive, locking it. Then you may use the TX PCB or sputnik unlock board.

I put the original PCB back in the drive, the 13599 update in the tray and the update finished successfully. I'm back up and running. I have more than enough actual games (not backups) to keep me busy for a while. Until LT+ 2.0 comes out I'm not touching this slim again.

This post has been edited by arsa13: Sep 3 2011, 09:11 AM