xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Update Failure Please Help!  (Read 170 times)

X4life3

• Archived User
System Update Failure Please Help!
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(doody1 @ Jul 2 2011, 11:24 PM) View Post

I have a big problem, I hacked my xbox360 a long time ago with jungle flasher, but it's been so long i forgot alot.  I for some reason can't play newer games so I thought I might need a bios update.

I used xbox live to do online update,  well that might have been a stupid move.  the exbox now only boot to start update for up to 35% or something, then it just says SYSTEM UPDATE FAILURE. uhh.gif   with some other numbers or what not.

I tried manual update with USB drive and CD, but nothing works, just same thing starts progress on auto update, and then SYSTEM UPDATE FAILURE screen.

thanks for your help in advance  smile.gif

Do you have a spoofed drive? If so the you will need to find out what drive you originally had and put that into your xbox.

SkinnyMathew

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(doody1 @ Jul 5 2011, 08:15 AM) View Post

A Spoofed drive?  I don't know what that is.  I bought this off ebay a long time ago, used jungle flasher and it worked for a long time until it wouldn't play newer games, then I probably shouldn't of but I tryed to update the xbox through the internet thinking that would help, but now all I have is this System upate failure screen it boots to after trying to update on boot.

I think my xbox360 drive is BENQ VAD6038, going by the tray design matched up.

If, some time ago, your xbox's original drive was replaced with a different type the firmware will have been configured to impersonate the original drive type (spoofed).

The latest update (in most cases) re-flashes the DVD drive with new official firmware, based upon the drive type that the xbox thinks it has. With a spoofed drive, this can cause issues.

You need to run jungleflasher against the drive to read the current firmware. JF will tell you the drive key and whether it's spoofed.

If it's spoofed (e.g. actually a Benq claiming to be a Liteon) then you need to get a Liteon drive, put stock firmware on it with your Benq key and allow the xbox to do the update.

You can then flash LT+1.9 onto the Liteon, or risk the Benq again.

In any case, if you've been playing around with new games and updates on an old version of firmware, you could have triggered an AP25 failure or been spotted by Live. Both bad things.

doody1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(SkinnyMathew @ Jul 5 2011, 04:43 PM) View Post

If, some time ago, your xbox's original drive was replaced with a different type the firmware will have been configured to impersonate the original drive type (spoofed).

The latest update (in most cases) re-flashes the DVD drive with new official firmware, based upon the drive type that the xbox thinks it has. With a spoofed drive, this can cause issues.

You need to run jungleflasher against the drive to read the current firmware. JF will tell you the drive key and whether it's spoofed.

If it's spoofed (e.g. actually a Benq claiming to be a Liteon) then you need to get a Liteon drive, put stock firmware on it with your Benq key and allow the xbox to do the update.

You can then flash LT+1.9 onto the Liteon, or risk the Benq again.

In any case, if you've been playing around with new games and updates on an old version of firmware, you could have triggered an AP25 failure or been spotted by Live. Both bad things.

Wow thanks for all the help, damn you guys know alot.

I will remove the drive and hook it up to the computer and put newest firmware on it.  I got to find where I get that firmware.

So then this is what I should do if the drive is a legit Benq:

1) First hook drive up to computer and load newest firmware

2) Then jungleflash the drive.

and all should work great?

SkinnyMathew

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(doody1 @ Jul 6 2011, 06:45 AM) View Post

Wow thanks for all the help, damn you guys know alot.

I will remove the drive and hook it up to the computer and put newest firmware on it.  I got to find where I get that firmware.

So then this is what I should do if the drive is a legit Benq:

1) First hook drive up to computer and load newest firmware

2) Then jungleflash the drive.

and all should work great?

Connect your drive to your PC and dump the existing firmware to get the key. You MUST have the key!!

You should be able to google for the ORIGINAL official firmware (i.e. pre-dash-update version)

Insert your key into the OFW (follow the JF tutorial) and flash your Benq, then update your xbox.

This assumes your drive isn't spoofed, of course.

You can then put LT+1.9 on (again, using your key) if you want to.

Good luck.

xxxgenesisxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »

JF Has a tut on this so you can learn alot from that smile.gif