xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Console Update Now Blacks Ops Will Not Play  (Read 99 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Console Update Now Blacks Ops Will Not Play
« on: February 21, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »

You need LT+ and black ops needs AP25 patched through ABGX and reburned

isabellagutin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(indianmotor @ Feb 21 2011, 02:18 PM) View Post

My xbox was running fine. Then I wanted to "backwards compatibility update xbox patch'to play older xbox games.  Finnally found and console update and did a usb update.

It did the update and I get the new screen.Then my Black ops games gets and error . unrecognizable disc error. When I try and do another console upgrade I get error E71.

Left for dead 1 and 2 still work. But Black ops will not . I have a feeling all newer games will not anymore.

Is there some firmware I need for my mod ?

kami623

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »

You guys will need to reflash your DVD drive with the LT+ firmware in order to play Black Ops. The copy of Black Ops will have to be reran through ABGX to receive the proper patches.

If you have the tools to flash your DVD drive, then just hook it up, open the stock firmware in Jungleflasher as Source, click yes to Autoload, and then write it back to your drive and Outro. When done with that, just open your CODBO iso file in ABGX an it will be repatched to be playable.

7nemesis7

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(dmcnccu @ Mar 3 2011, 06:32 AM) View Post

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading and trying to make sense of everything.  Here's my situation - I have a flashed 360, but I never did the dashboard update in January.  However, I have been playing burned copies of Black ops and reach on it.  I would like to update my dashboard and connect to xbl and continue playing those games.

If I choose to do the update now, is there anything I can do to avoid any problems that could result from the update?  When you say that the games "will have to be reran through ABGX to receive the proper patches", does this mean that there's a process to patch the already burned disc or do I need to have a new disc burned?

Thanks guys.

Really? you're green as grass man you can't patch a burned disk, the disk is finalized and not re-writable anyway so of course you need to reburn it after patching your iso.

You will still need to update your DVD firmware to LT+ if you want to play the new games because of the new AP25 checks.