xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Memory Unit Corrupting Files  (Read 100 times)

mrcartman91

• Archived User
Usb Memory Unit Corrupting Files
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

Hey guys, I recently bought a new 750gb HDD for my JTAG 360.  I formatted it and used a tool to add Partition 2 for backwards compatibility.  After installing it I used a 16gb drive to move my data over 16 gigs at a time.  I tested a few things and it all seemed to be working fine.  After I got everything moved over I went to play Saints Row 2 and after about a minute of playing it froze... I thought "oh no, red rings soon."  I restarted the xbox and reloaded the game and got the same thing.  Now I remember a lot of people had problems with SR2 freezing so I tried GTA IV.  While playing the game off my HDD (which I transferred from a USB drive) it would freeze every time during the intro and say that the disk was dirty.  I reinstalled it from the original disk and everything worked fine.  Now the more I play games of the drive the more I notice that everything in a games on demand container will lock up, and I have to delete and reinstall from either a USB HDD with XeXmenu (xbox originals) or re-rip from the disk and patch with NXE2GOD.  All my live arcade games seem to be fine however, which is somewhat curious.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas on why this is happening?  It's a pain to re-install everything but I can manage as long as I know my new HDD isn't dying.

Xbox is a Xenon with freeboot v0.04 and the 12611 dash.