xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *advanced* On Dvd Game Update Failed - Can't Finish Update Through  (Read 77 times)

HalfSpec

• Archived User

Hello,

A friend of mine has a devil Xbox 360 that I'm about ready to wash my hands clean of.

First off, this problem is about 6 months old. The console's DVD drive has been modified with, what was, the latest ixtreme firmware. This problem occurred when loading a game update from a Toy Story 3 backup DVD. We just get a generic message that says the update failed. No error codes, just that it failed. I can reply with the exact message if that helps... I just don't have the console in front of me at the moment.

Now the Xbox refuses to complete any update we try on it.

We have read that the one way of getting past this problem was to try and load the exact update that failed using a different medium. In our case, we tried the internet, burned CD, and a FAT32 flash drive. We tried all of the following updates trying to find the one that failed in hopes of completing it:

http://dl.console.se.....ppdateringar/

Between updates we would clear the game and system updates by using the following codes:
X,X, LB, RB, X,X
X,LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X

Didn't work.

Next my friend used Xplorer360 to load the updates one by one to the $SystemUpdates folder on partition 3 of the hard drive to try and shortcut the transfer process from the usb drive. Still fails.

At this point we are pretty much out of ideas. My friend thinks the modified DVD drive may be to blame, but I've never seen that happen on any modified xbox I've ever encountered so it would be a first. I can certainly return the drive to oem specs, but I don't want to do it needlessly.

Any advice on the topic would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lane