xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Help Needed---100% Stumped, Can Donate!  (Read 63 times)

Icy-Tank

• Archived User
Jtag Help Needed---100% Stumped, Can Donate!
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »

I have a JTAG which has worked for me in the past. I am not new to the JTAG method and have successfully JTAG'd multiple systems, but this one I have now, has 100% kicked my *** and I am clueless.

I JTAG'd the system, and was hosting system-link MW2 lobbies, since I wasn't planning on turning any profit and was just helping ppl who didn't want to pay, I proceeded with this for about 3 weeks. Every once in awhile I would turn it on and it would 3 light RROD, but I just turned it right off and usually turning it back on it would boot up just fine with no problems.

Recently, I tried to start it up and it finally locked on me...no more accessing the xbox, it was RROD or nothing. So I thought to myself, it's never been on long enough to do harm or heat up the GPU/CPU where it would need to be overheated to try and fix the problem...I have done the x-clamp mod on it before I even used it regularly..and it's been ok until this point.

That being said...I decided maybe it was a bad/corrupted file...so, I erased the NAND and flashed the original back...and it started up just fine yet again.

Now the problem starts...I recently tried to re-JTAG it, and when I hook it up to Nandpro, it will give me Error 0: or 601?? I don't remember right off hand because I'm writing this from work...but if I were to do 10 nand reads, I will never get the same errors on the same blocks...Floating ground perhaps!? No...I've ran wires to the grounding rings and then to the chassis of the PC, and still random error blocks. I am absolutely clueless as to what to do from here.

Does anyone at all have any clue as to what those 601 errors mean!? Like it is really eating at me that I cannot figure this xbox out. I am running thin on patience with this thing...if I could find a way to send it off and have someone else do this JTAG for me on this one, that's about the point I am at with it, because I can't figure it out. I've tried every different setting I could find, I've tried it on my PC, my Laptop..I've tried erasing the NAND and just using a downloadable donor NAND to see if it would at least write that and nothing is working...

With all that being said...I guess it does only make sense that it's not the xbox then, it has to be the USB SPI, the Wiring, or the soldering...and since I know I have good connection on my soldering and I've checked for possible solder splash, that tells me it has to be the USB SPI? If anyone can help me figure out this huge mystery of what an error 601 means and why it occurs at random blocks I would paypal you some cash for this, because I'm out of ideas!! Let me know if you wanna take a shot at it, and if your answer fixes it, I'll get your paypal or whatever method and I'll send ya $$ ... not saying I'm gonna make you a millionaire lol, but I'll try to send you $10-20 for a problem solving solution!!! Thanks!!!!!!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image