xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack On Jtag  (Read 104 times)

inspuration

• Archived User
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack On Jtag
« on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(sudmah @ Jul 23 2010, 05:18 PM) View Post

im trying to get some cod 4 mw2 dlc content to work on my jtag. ive downloaded the resurgence map pack of pirate bay. it also came with a TU file. It came with a NFO which stated.

"Use Modio to change the device ID and it should work. NO JTAG NEEDED. Use Xtaf USB Xplorer to transfer it. Inject the folder inside (dir)Content. That means double click (dir)Content and inject it there. Then transfer to HDD and it should work, you will have the new maps. Resurgence Map Pack contains 2 old COD 4 maps and 3 new ones. Maps include: Carnival, Trailer Park, Fuel, Vacant, and Strike."

I was wondering what device ID are they talking about and is this nessasary with the JTAG hack? well i copyed the contents to the contents folder however there has been no change. other tutorials are saying i need the lisence transfer files but it this also nessasary with jtag as its meant to bypass cons/pirs i thought.

If anyone has any success with this map pack and a jtag let me know. will be glad for you to shed some light ..im running xbr_3 8955.

On freeboot all I had to do was put the file I downlaoded inside of content/00000000000000000/ . No device ID required.

sudmah

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »

thanks.. will try and reflash with freeboot and try again .. does it detect the maps with all the profiles ?

inspuration

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(sudmah @ Jul 24 2010, 02:51 PM) View Post

thanks.. will try and reflash with freeboot and try again .. does it detect the maps with all the profiles ?

yeah its detected for all users.

sudmah

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »

Done it .. I found the root of the problem .. seems that it does work on XBR afterall..Ii established this after running xm360, I went to the game updates tab when i discovered TU lying around in the cache folder of HDD1, it seems i had to place to TU file in the cache of HDD1 (Xbox 360 HDD) for it to register aswell as place the map pack in the content\0000000000 folder. Modio is not required at all with JTag. Its strange how yours worked even on freeboot without the TU file in the cache folder. Thanks anyway for the help. I hope this thread helps others which were in the same situation as me as there isn't to many tutorials on this subject.

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:00 AM »

Actually, I made a tutorial on the subject: http://insomniacgame...read.php?t=9585

It's very easy to put DLC on your HDD to use on your JTAG. You just need a program to explore your device, Yarris Swap, and the DLC. Some DLC may already be Yarris Swapped meaning you can just put the DLC straight on your HDD in the Content/0000000000000000 folder.

sudmah

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

Great tutorial, this methods great if you dont have the TU file or DLC unlocked however i think ive found a lil easier method if all the files come organised ..

My Method

Step 1: Download DLC and Check the contents of DLC most found on torrents contain a TU file and is organised within two folders e.g. 58580823\00009600\

Step 2: Copy the folder contents & TU file to pendrive

Step 3: Place the TU file in the cache folder of your Xbox 360 HDD usually HDD1\CACHE

Step 4: Place the folders to HDD1\Content\0000000000000000

Step 5: Run XM360, select DLC if item it locked simply unlock it by pressing A

That it! .. Now enjoy your new DLC

I also noticed that your tutorial fails to mention that you have to place the TU file in HDD1\cache for the Xbox 360 to register the new map pack even when its unlocked with Yaris-Swap or did yours work without the TU file, i personally didnt have sucess this way maybe i was doing something wrong

I also think it would be quicker to use XEX Menu or FSD to transfer content from pendrive straight to HDD rather than FTP it over, but then again thats just me. Finally isn't XM360 able to unlock DLC the same way of which Yaris Swap does it?