xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Monumental Help Flashing Drive. Mainly Questions  (Read 44 times)

xRequieM

• Archived User
Need Monumental Help Flashing Drive. Mainly Questions
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Pretty soon i'm going to be flashing my Lite-On 83850c. I've been scouring youtube for tutorials and some were decently useful and others were utter waste of time. Anyways, I got a few questions.

1. How can i tell if my drive is and 83850c v1, v2, or v3? the MFR date is June 2009, it came with my modern warfare 2 xbox.

2. I bought this... http://cgi.ebay.com/Connectivity-Kit-V3-CK...=item3f00a18923 Is that ALL i need?

3. I have an eSATA port on my computer, will that work?

4. Will the thing i ordered work with all drives. AKA Lite-On (v1, v2, and v3), All BenQ's, all Sammys, and all Hitachis? If not, then plz tell me which ones won't work.

5. With this probe will i have to scratch the chip for the lite on drives or is any soldering involved?

6. When the probe gets here, does any one wanna walk through on what to do?

This post has been edited by xRequieM: Jul 12 2010, 12:45 AM

Kamse

• Archived User
Need Monumental Help Flashing Drive. Mainly Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(xRequieM @ Jul 12 2010, 01:43 AM) *

Pretty soon i'm going to be flashing my Lite-On 83850c. I've been scouring youtube for tutorials and some were decently useful and others were utter waste of time. Anyways, I got a few questions.

1. How can i tell if my drive is and 83850c v1, v2, or v3? the MFR date is June 2009, it came with my modern warfare 2 xbox.
You can't really tell, you have to go through the process of flashing it for the 1st version with the half tray open trick.
If it fails then you have a v2 and need cuting traces... (never heard of a v3  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) )

2. I bought this... http://cgi.ebay.com/Connectivity-Kit-V3-CK...=item3f00a18923 Is that ALL i need?
Yep, along with the tools on PC. Either JungleFlasher 1.75b or iPrep/DosFlash.

3. I have an eSATA port on my computer, will that work?
...Sure.

4. Will the thing i ordered work with all drives. AKA Lite-On (v1, v2, and v3), All BenQ's, all Sammys, and all Hitachis? If not, then plz tell me which ones won't work.
Yes it will do.

5. With this probe will i have to scratch the chip for the lite on drives or is any soldering involved?
If it's a v1 then you won't need the probe, just the "half tray open" trick.
I just did one for my friend 2 days ago, it's quite straightforward.

6. When the probe gets here, does any one wanna walk through on what to do?
There's plenty of tutorials everywhere mate. Even on Jungleflasher website. Google's your friend.

This post has been edited by Kamse: Jul 12 2010, 10:47 AM