xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: God Or Iso ?  (Read 92 times)

alexgold05

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:41:00 AM »

whats the best way for playing games from my jtagged console ?

God containers or with extracted iso ?

SlickWilly440

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »

Either one will work.  Early on I read that GOD cannot be run from external hdd's, but then I found out that you could and tested it out.  Just make sure to have your file structure on your external like this:

Game on Demand (GOD) Files
USB:\content\0000000000000000\"Put game here"

Iso2God allows you to load up multiple ISO to God conversion, and all you have to do is his convert after setting up the job, compared to individually extracting the ISO's one at a time using Xbox Image Browser or some other similar tool.

I'm not sure if you can launch GOD files on an external through QuickLauch using the QuickBoot 2.0 (I'll have to look into that).  

Whether if you choose to extract or GOD the ISO's, you'll can save a lot of space, since the actually games fines to not add up to 7.03 or 7.29 GB's like the ISO.

The real question is how does one choose to permanently store the game b/c it would be a waste of space to have the games both as an ISO and extracted or GOD.

The best solution would be being able to convert the ISO into a format that can be converted back into an ISO while still keeping its' integreity to be burned and played on XBL.

This post has been edited by SlickWilly440: Mar 23 2010, 02:03 PM

crimpshrine

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexgold05 @ Mar 23 2010, 11:41 AM) View Post

whats the best way for playing games from my jtagged console ?

God containers or with extracted iso ?

Extracted iso's give you the most flexibility and takes the least amount of time to put on your 360.

With God's you have to extract the data from the ISO's and then convert it into a GOD then transfer it by whatever means to the 360. And the directories are not exactly readable by human.

Using extraction method into self named directories under a  games directory (internal or external) you can actually read what you have there, and you can then modify data if you ever need to for the game.  Can't do that with a GOD that I am aware of.

And obviously if you had GOD containers on an external drive, it would have to be HFS+.

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4654285

Best tool I have found for batch extracting ISO's: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=706287

KoukiMonster91

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(crimpshrine @ Mar 23 2010, 07:24 PM) View Post

Extracted iso's give you the most flexibility and takes the least amount of time to put on your 360.

With God's you have to extract the data from the ISO's and then convert it into a GOD then transfer it by whatever means to the 360. And the directories are not exactly readable by human.

Using extraction method into self named directories under a  games directory (internal or external) you can actually read what you have there, and you can then modify data if you ever need to for the game.  Can't do that with a GOD that I am aware of.

And obviously if you had GOD containers on an external drive, it would have to be HFS+.

Best tool I have found for batch extracting ISO's: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=706287

on the contrary i find iso2god faster. i have a p4 3ghz 1gb of ram and it takes 20-30 min to extract a iso appose to the 15-20 minutes it takes iso2god to convert them then ftp it to my xbox and it can batch convert aswell. so @OP i gota say god. not only for the reason i already explained but you can also run them from the xmb with no added steps (new dash or quicklaunch)

SlickWilly440

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(crimpshrine @ Mar 23 2010, 01:24 PM) View Post

The external HDD doesn't have to be HFS+ for GOD containers to work.  I put the GOD'ed Game Folder in this directiory:  USB:\content\0000000000000000\"Put game here" on the external that is FAT32, and it works fine.

The GOD files are split up into about 30 pieces, not one big 4gb+ file, so HFS+ is not needed.

GTRagnarok

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »

Extraction any day. After extracting, you can delete unnecessary files like extra languages  and such. It's a bit of work, but you'll save 5-10% overall.

crimpshrine

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(KoukiMonster91 @ Mar 24 2010, 12:11 AM) View Post

on the contrary i find iso2god faster. i have a p4 3ghz 1gb of ram and it takes 20-30 min to extract a iso appose to the 15-20 minutes it takes iso2god to convert them then ftp it to my xbox and it can batch convert aswell. so @OP i gota say god. not only for the reason i already explained but you can also run them from the xmb with no added steps (new dash or quicklaunch)

Something must be wrong with your setup then because extraction should always be faster then iso2god.  Or what you are using to extract them with.

Iso2god, extracts all the files first then creates the god. So to do a GOD and FTP'ing you are generating more data which takes longer.  

And related to HFS+ in the other post not being needed on external drive, that is correct I forgot that the GOD containers are segmented into chunks.  My mistake..

Gods are cumbersome and kind of pointless given that freestyle works with all extracted stuff. If that was not the case and where things were going I would say GOD's had a purpose moving forward.  

If don't mind complicated management of your games without relying on your choice of dash, longer time to convert to the format, no capability (after you have built the god) to modify without rebuilding, use GOD's.

moja

• Archived User
God Or Iso ?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(crimpshrine @ Mar 24 2010, 08:10 PM) View Post

Something must be wrong with your setup then because extraction should always be faster then iso2god.  Or what you are using to extract them with.

Iso2god, extracts all the files first then creates the god. So to do a GOD and FTP'ing you are generating more data which takes longer.  

And related to HFS+ in the other post not being needed on external drive, that is correct I forgot that the GOD containers are segmented into chunks.  My mistake..

Gods are cumbersome and kind of pointless given that freestyle works with all extracted stuff. If that was not the case and where things were going I would say GOD's had a purpose moving forward.  

If don't mind complicated management of your games without relying on your choice of dash, longer time to convert to the format, no capability (after you have built the god) to modify without rebuilding, use GOD's.

I find myself at an impasse on this as well.  I would enjoy the flexibility of raw files in my \Games directory, but I find it much faster to rip through NXE and use NXE2GOD (than Freestyle's CopyDVD), thus allowing me to play from NXE should I not want to load Freestyle.  Not much of a hassle, but it also saves me the extra step of running Quickboot 2.0.  If things change, however, I'm up to redoing this, but as is stands I can't see another reason.